HOF Snubs

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Alomar was a no brainer and I think Blyleven deserved it, but look at the snubs. Taking the juicers out, Larkin was one of the best SS ever, Lee Smith was one of the best closers ever and he did it clean (Relief Pitchers are part of the game, its is an injustice that voters exclude the best at the position simply because the position is a RP), Martinez ditto for DH, Edgar might have been the best DH ever and why is Mattingly so low!

The Juicers (or suspected ones) where knocked out:
Bagwell (not surprised, since he looked so much like Big Mac, he was going to get lumped in with him), Larry Walker, Big Mac (Not here about the past), Palmerio (Sorry dude you cheated), Juan Gone (Good, I hate this giu)

Roberto Alomar and Bert Blyleven were elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Alomar was picked in his second appearance, while Blyleven earned the honor in his 14th try.

Player Votes Pct
Roberto Alomar 523 90.0
Bert Blyleven 463 79.7

Barry Larkin 361 62.1
Jack Morris 311 53.5
Lee Smith 263 45.3
Jeff Bagwell 242 41.7
Tim Raines 218 37.5
Edgar Martinez 191 32.9
Alan Trammell 141 24.3
Larry Walker 118 20.3
Mark McGwire 115 19.8
Fred McGriff 104 17.9
Dave Parker 89 15.3
Don Mattingly 79 13.6
Dale Murphy 73 12.6
Rafael Palmeiro 64 11.0
Others receiving votes: Juan Gonzalez 30, Harold Baines 28, John Franco 27, Kevin Brown 12, Tino Martinez 6, Marquis Grissom 4, Al Leiter 4, John Olerud 4, B.J. Surhoff 2, Bret Boone 1, Benito Santiago 1

I can't believe Mattingly hasn't gotten in yet.

Larkin probably deserves it. Bagwell was juiced without a doubt. The guy came back that season twice as big as he ever was before. Larry Walker probably doesn't deserve HOF, though. He wasn't THAT good.

Palmeiro was the worst of the juicers because of how adamantly he denied using steroids. I don't have a problem with the steroids themselves, I have a problem with the lack of integrity these guys have shown since being called out on it.

The "Hall of Fame" has become a joke. They are all taking steroids and none of today's stars are worth a plug nickel. Why...Back in my day we played with broken limbs!!! Pieces of broken glass were strewn along the first base line- and we had to play barefoot!! We used 2x6's that weighed 90 lbs as a bat!! The pitchers threw bricks!!! These pussies are gutless sissies!! Why, if I hadda penny for every piece of shit ballplayer that was in the Hall of Fame..why i'd ....I'd have a dollar or more!!! Fuck you youngin's!!
very-old-man.jpg

You know what he makes a lot of sense.

RosenBlog: My Hall of Fame ballot (if I had one and if it had 12 spots)
Jack Morris -– You find a better big-game pitcher in his era. Dare ya. I’ll be here all year waiting for your answer.

Tommy John -- Underwent revolutionary surgery that we take for granted today in the most important part of the game. Oh, and he won 288 games, hel-lo.

Bert Blyleven -- Best curveball of his generation, maybe any generation, and 287 wins. If the lobotomized voters are holding against Blyleven and John that they didn’t win 300, then no pitcher will ever get into the Hall again. Happy now, boys?

Lee Smith -- Whatever Bruce Sutter was in the early ‘80s, this guy mirrored it in the early ‘90s, finishing with 478 saves. Closers matter. Matter more than baseball writers, anyway.

Robbie Alomar -- The best second baseman of his era, maybe any era, but magical either way. Swept the ‘90s Gold Gloves. Top-of-the-order guy who hit .300 for his career and never struck out 100 times in a season.

Barry Larkin and Alan Trammell -- Twin entry because you could argue they were the best shortstops of their eras. You could argue they were at least the best shortstops in their respective leagues during their prime. You could argue whatever you want, but this is my ballot and they’re on it, so there.

Larry Walker -- Was just below Bonds as the best all-around player in the game before Bonds started cheating, which is one upscale neighborhood, let me tell you. A five-tool player, and would’ve been a six-, seven- or eight-tool player if you wanted.

Fred McGriff -- Power numbers compare favorably with Willie Stargell, Billy Williams, Willie McCovey and Eddie Mathews, who are already in the Hall. His power numbers compare favorably with Frank Thomas and Bagwell, who will be and/or should be. Not even that stupid hat and dumber Tom Emanski commercial could drag down his career.

Jeff Bagwell -- See above, save for the Tom Emanski joke.

Dale Murphy -- The best outfielder of his era in the early ‘80s. Once you start with best something-or-other, you’re in.

Tim Raines -- Arguably the best leadoff man in the National League for the entire decade of the ‘80s. Look at that early ‘80s stuff, and if he played in New York instead of Montreal, he’d already have been voted

Tommy John?....hummm I hate longevity award HOFers...he won 288 yes and he lost 231. Only 4 AS appearances in that huge career.....I gotta say no.

Ken Stabler is the biggest snub for the Pro Football HOF.

Maybe the biggest snub ever for ANY HOF.

HOF snubs?

How about Pete Rose?

Pete Rose ate pieces of shit like you for breakfast!!

That's right!! He ate pieces of shit for breakfast!!:clap2:

He'll have to die before the shit stains that have ruined America's pastime will elect him to the Hall of Fame...

Forum List

Back