Hockey disgrace

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
Canada chrushed Latvia this evening 11-0. But the game had to be aborted twice since the Latvians threw coins and stuff on to the ice. A total embaressement for their team. Canada really looked good and played with great character, they covered shots on the ice even when they were at a 5-0 lead.

I hate when the audience destroys the game like that!

Yes, I know what you mean. But I love hockey and I watch some games in lesser divisions too. So even if the class of the tournament isn't that good it is still hockey and the audience was a disgrace. Also the "world championship" can be watched live here in the evenings.

that does sound disgraceful. Throwing hats for a hattrick is understandable and easy to clean up. Flordia Panthers threw plastic rats on the ice when they scored a goal a few years back. Detroit Red wings fans used to throw live squid on the ice. Coins are ridiculous. They are too hard to pick up and can freeze to the surface.

insein said:
that does sound disgraceful. Throwing hats for a hattrick is understandable and easy to clean up. Flordia Panthers threw plastic rats on the ice when they scored a goal a few years back. Detroit Red wings fans used to throw live squid on the ice. Coins are ridiculous. They are too hard to pick up and can freeze to the surface.

Yes, that sort of stuff doesn't matter a whole lot I think it's fun! About the squids, wasn't sort of messy?

Skating on a coin could end some NHL pros' carieer, just because he played in this almost exhibition like show.

BTW, your from Sweden. Is Forsberg like a god over there? I live in Philadelphia and i love the guy but he just said he's going to have surgery that will keep him out till next january at the earliest. :(

insein said:
BTW, your from Sweden. Is Forsberg like a god over there? I live in Philadelphia and i love the guy but he just said he's going to have surgery that will keep him out till next january at the earliest. :(
Forsberg; how good he could have been if he wasn't so injury-prone.

insein said:
He has a great reputation, he played for his mother club (?) Modo during the lock-out and they had a big audience on every game... but maybe Salming is still more of a legend. I don't know.

The ClayTaurus said:
Forsberg; how good he could have been if he wasn't so injury-prone.
I always wondered about that, is his play style too hard for his physics? Seeing Ovetchkin now is like a younger Forsberg, but with even more skill.

Me and my son by he way was watching Chechia v Russia last month and my son stumbeled on to Ovetchkin just sitting there in a half-full areana! He got an autograph and a photo. Big thing for him.

ErikViking said:
He has a great reputation, he played for his mother club (?) Modo during the lock-out and they had a big audience on every game... but maybe Salming is still more of a legend. I don't know.

I always wondered about that, is his play style too hard for his physics? Seeing Ovetchkin now is like a younger Forsberg, but with even more skill.

Me and my son by he way was watching Chechia v Russia last month and my son stumbeled on to Ovetchkin just sitting there in a half-full areana! He got an autograph and a photo. Big thing for him.
Wait to totally slober over ovetchkin until he's played in the NHL for 2-3 more years. Teemu was out of control his first year, then everyone had film on him, and while he's still good, he's nowhere near what people thought he was going to be.

The ClayTaurus said:
Wait to totally slober over ovetchkin until he's played in the NHL for 2-3 more years. Teemu was out of control his first year, then everyone had film on him, and while he's still good, he's nowhere near what people thought he was going to be.

Yes you are right. It is a easy to get carried away, but he is clearly talanted.

What do you think about the new rules? I haven't been able to watch as many games this season as before. But the things I have seen looks quite good with alot of scoring and a nice pace and movement to it.

ErikViking said:
Yes you are right. It is a easy to get carried away, but he is clearly talanted.

What do you think about the new rules? I haven't been able to watch as many games this season as before. But the things I have seen looks quite good with alot of scoring and a nice pace and movement to it.
The closer they can get it to the US college game, the better. So far, so good.

The new rules make the game faster but the penalties are so ticky tack that i dont know what is and isnt a penalty anymore. The Flyers had 50 penalties to Buffalos 34 in their series. Usually its a little closer than that to even in the playoffs.

Forum List

Back