Hobby Lobby and the Loss of America's Soul

How about getting rid of the prescription requirement so that women are free to purchase birth control over the counter?

Is it really necessary to nationalize 16% of our economy so that women can buy $12/month contraceptives?

The liberal war against religion is in full swing....

Starting Jan 1, 2013 Hobby Lobby will need to come up with $1.3 million PER DAY in IRS excise taxes because they are sticking to their religious principles against Obama and his anti-religion minions....

Currently, Obamacare is ushering in a new definition of "religious liberty."

-----

Take for example the Oklahoma-based companies craft store giant Hobby Lobby and booksellers Mardel Inc. In 2010 Hobby Lobby grossed $2.6 billion in sales, and employed 13,000 people in 455 outlets in 42 states.

Currently, Hobby Lobby is the largest religiously-owned non-Catholic business to have filed a lawsuit against the HHS birth control directive. Yet, despite the fact that they've been founded and run on Christian principles, Oklahoma U.S. District Judge Joe Heaton ruled that Hobby Lobby and Mardel are not religious organizations and therefore subject to the federal birth control dictate.

Because the Christian-owned company maintains that the mandate "violates the religious beliefs for their owners," it's evident that Hobby Lobby must think "religious liberty" is defined in a way other than how it is being defined by liberals at this time.

Hobby Lobby maintains that the "morning-after pill is tantamount to abortion because it can prevent a fertilized egg from becoming implanted in a woman's womb." Therefore, "defy[ing] a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill" is the company's way of staying true to its core convictions.

-----

Despite facing millions in fines, the noncompliant Hobby Lobby and Mardel Inc. CEO and founder David Green refuses to surrender the companies' religious convictions. Green has said he'd rather abandon the business. A $2.2 billion-a-year company that is willing to close itsdoors rather than compromise its core principles? Now that's impressive.

Read more: Articles: Hobby Lobby and the Loss of America's Soul

If your point is that giving our employers that much control over our health care expenditures was a real stupid idea, :clap2:

:beer: To a true public option!

have to agree with you there (first part only).......we should separate health care costs from all sorts of middlemen including employers, government, insurance companies, etc. It should be an individual purchase directly from the provider (doctor) with an added and low cost major medical policy for the big emergencies....costs would plummet compared to Obama public care....

Last edited:
That's a reasonable solution. There is no reason why the employees shouldn't have two part time jobs that don't provide ANY insurance at all. The employees won't lose free contraceptive insurance, they will lose even what they have now.

It should continue, grow, spread, until the pain becomes unbearable.

then they will just seek out State run medical if needed or some other version.

BTW Its not free.

Of course it's not free. They can go to the county hospital or clinic. They are losing what insurance they had. They will lose the job they had and the income that goes with that job. They can go on welfare.

The people, the employers who are closing, the law abiding citizens buying all those guns, the people are moving into a state of rebellion. There doesn't have to be soldiers on the street in order for the people to be in rebellion against the government. You're seeing it right now.

he could just sell off the business you know.
He is being a baby.

Christians really just need to shut the fuck up. You don't get to pick and choose what parts of the law you brain dead fucks get to follow and you don't get to withhold certain elements of health care just because you think some fairy tale is against it. Just like if I had a business and my God told me cancer is holy and all my employees should have it, I don't get to withhold that part of their health care should they get it. You people are fucking stupid.

then they will just seek out State run medical if needed or some other version.

BTW Its not free.

Of course it's not free. They can go to the county hospital or clinic. They are losing what insurance they had. They will lose the job they had and the income that goes with that job. They can go on welfare.

The people, the employers who are closing, the law abiding citizens buying all those guns, the people are moving into a state of rebellion. There doesn't have to be soldiers on the street in order for the people to be in rebellion against the government. You're seeing it right now.

He is being a baby.

far better man than the baby-killer in office.....

Can someone tell me why a place called the hobby lobby sells drugs?

I need some HO gauge train track and 40 Percodan...

He is being a baby.

Why should he have to sell off the business he spent his life building up because the federal government suddenly decided to intrude in his decisions? Does that sound like a free nation to you?

He is being a baby.

oh shut up retard.

He is being a baby.

Bush is in office again?

Christians really just need to shut the fuck up. You don't get to pick and choose what parts of the law you brain dead fucks get to follow and you don't get to withhold certain elements of health care just because you think some fairy tale is against it. Just like if I had a business and my God told me cancer is holy and all my employees should have it, I don't get to withhold that part of their health care should they get it. You people are fucking stupid.

what part of "free exercise" don't you understand......?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

He is being a baby.

Why should he have to sell off the business he spent his life building up because the federal government suddenly decided to intrude in his decisions? Does that sound like a free nation to you?

No. But you're mistaken if you think the left cares about the U.S. being a free nation. We are partway through a hostile take over by the permanent bureaucrat class, who are doing it for our own good, donchanow.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

A public retail business is not a religion.

Seems like you might have talked differently about religious rights when we had religious concientious objectors to the draft and vietnam.

Last edited:

We have freedom of religion in this country. Whether or not you or anyone else believes in religion is not really the heart of the issue. The bottom line is the entire health care law is an intrusive, massive overreach by the federal government. It should have never been passed in the first place.

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and Tebowed before a decorative vase and asked it to intercede with the Holy Mother for me as I really, really, really would like my next door neighbor to move away. After several minutes of loud praying the manager on duty asked me to leave because, in his OWN words, Hobby Lobby IS NOT A CHURCH.

Now if the store manager knows this why doesn't Hobby Lobby corporate know it?

A public retail business in not a religion.

Does the Constitution make that exception? Businesses are owned by people, people who have certain religious beliefs or none at all. Does the Constitution say that the government has a right to force them to compromise their religious practice when within the confines of their business?

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and Tebowed before a decorative vase and asked it to intercede with the Holy Mother for me as I really, really, really would like my next door neighbor to move away. After several minutes of loud praying the manager on duty asked me to leave because, in his OWN words, Hobby Lobby IS NOT A CHURCH.

Now if the store manager knows this why doesn't Hobby Lobby corporate know it?

internet_trolls_by_vanisher72-d3a5cd9.jpg

A public retail business is not a religion.

Seems like you might have talked differently about religious rights when we had religious concientious objectors to the draft and vietnam.

the people who establish the business are religious and want to reflect their religion in their business.....that's called "free exercise"....

otherwise go tell the Muslims to shut down all their Halal stores......

Forum List

Back