"Hobby" Forum Suggestion

Well..if we had a hobby forum...and could see who collects what...I could contact that person if hubby finds something I think they might be interested in before I craigslist it.

And it would be fun to see folks hobbies. :)

I would be interested in a Microcontroller forum that focuses on ARM chips. Just saying.

I realize that there can't be a special forum for every hobby known to mankind but I know a lot of folks who collect knives and enjoy sharing their knife pictures. I have around 250 knives from around the world: folders, fixed blades, hand-made, production, high end, and common.

I would like to suggest creating a knife collection forum in the Hobby section.

I hope I posted this in the appropriate place.

Now do you just collect knives or do you use all of them?

What knives could the average person use that they don't already have?

Can you explain what some of these knives are?

Thanks. :)

My goal is to have at least one knife made in every nation of the world. I have numerous knives made by notable companies like Buck, Case, Boker, Cold Steel, CRKT, Bark River, Randall, etc. and I have a few really cool handmade knives made by guys that most folks have never heard of. I have all style of knives: pocket knives (locking folders/friction folders), and fixed blade knives both large and small. Some are carbon steel of varying alloys while others are stainless steel of varying alloys. Some some have wood handles while others have handles made of bone or antler while others have composite handles of man-made origin.

I've loved knives since I was a kid and enjoy looking at the various designs and styles. Different knives are used for different purposes whether it be utility, hunting, skinning, fighting, or chopping. Most of the knives I own have never been used but I have some that I use all the time like my locking folder made by Spyderco. I carry it with me daily and use it to open boxes, cut strings or rope, etc. It's also a self defense tool.

Well..if we had a hobby forum...and could see who collects what...I could contact that person if hubby finds something I think they might be interested in before I craigslist it.

There is a section in this forum down near the bottom of the home page that is dedicated to hobbies. Firearms, Arts & Crafts, Food, Computers, etc. are mentioned but nothing about knife collecting. I thought about posting pictures in the Firearms section but didn't want to detract from posts done by firearms enthusiasts.

Hobbies - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There is a section in this forum down near the bottom of the home page that is dedicated to hobbies. Firearms, Arts & Crafts, Food, Computers, etc. are mentioned but nothing about knife collecting. I thought about posting pictures in the Firearms section but didn't want to detract from posts done by firearms enthusiasts.

To simplify matters, why not have a Collector's Corner forum within the Hobbies section wherein threads pertaining to the collecting of ANYTHING are welcome. If a forum for each popular collectable item is established, we'll have a separate forum for each... Coins, Knives, Stamps, Wives, Salt and Pepper Shakers, Paper Flowers, Comic Books, Old Cars, Fountain Pens, Fine Art, Traffic Violations, Bikini Bottoms....Arrowheads, Guns, Wine Corks, .....

....you get the picture.

I realize that there can't be a special forum for every hobby known to mankind but I know a lot of folks who collect knives and enjoy sharing their knife pictures. I have around 250 knives from around the world: folders, fixed blades, hand-made, production, high end, and common.

I would like to suggest creating a knife collection forum in the Hobby section.

I hope I posted this in the appropriate place.

Its pretty simple.......Start a Thread. :thup:

I think what you are asking for is a forum ....to be called "hobbies" as a catch all for everyone who has niche hobbies such as yours... knives.

Not exactly. There's already an area designed for hobbyists with a number of sub-forums. My hope is that a new sub-forum can be included in that section for folks who enjoy knife collecting. If I simply start a thread it will get lost in the world of obscurity before it attracts much attention.

To simplify matters, why not have a Collector's Corner forum within the Hobbies section wherein threads pertaining to the collecting of ANYTHING are welcome. If a forum for each popular collectable item is established, we'll have a separate forum for each... Coins, Knives, Stamps, Wives, Salt and Pepper Shakers, Paper Flowers, Comic Books, Old Cars, Fountain Pens, Fine Art, Traffic Violations, Bikini Bottoms....Arrowheads, Guns, Wine Corks, .....

....you get the picture.

Not a bad idea.

"I realize that there can't be a special forum for every hobby known to mankind ..." (Opening statement).

Last edited:

....you get the picture.

Excellent idea!:eusa_clap:

....you get the picture.

Yes - seconded. Or thirded or fourthed, whatever.

Forum List

Back