"Hobby" Forum Suggestion

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
I realize that there can't be a special forum for every hobby known to mankind but I know a lot of folks who collect knives and enjoy sharing their knife pictures. I have around 250 knives from around the world: folders, fixed blades, hand-made, production, high end, and common.

I would like to suggest creating a knife collection forum in the Hobby section.

I hope I posted this in the appropriate place.

Arts and Crafts forum maybe? I dunno. But good idea for having a hobby forum!

[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION] or [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION].

Think a forum for hobbies is a grand idea, myself. That way discussions of each hobby won't get lost.

I realize that there can't be a special forum for every hobby known to mankind but I know a lot of folks who collect knives and enjoy sharing their knife pictures. I have around 250 knives from around the world: folders, fixed blades, hand-made, production, high end, and common.

Now do you just collect knives or do you use all of them?

What knives could the average person use that they don't already have?

Can you explain what some of these knives are?

Thanks. :)

Think a forum for hobbies is a grand idea, myself. That way discussions of each hobby won't get lost.

There already is a Hobby forum. It's got Automotive, Computers, Music, Philosphy, Sports, etc. I think he wants a new entry in there.

I can't imagine there are a whole lot of people interested in knives but maybe there's a way to poll the membership to find out. I'd like to see a ham radio forum but I don't think it would be very populated.

Hey, try starting a thread under "Firearms". Closest thing.

There already is a Hobby forum. It's got Automotive, Computers, Music, Philosphy, Sports, etc. I think he wants a new entry in there.

I can't imagine there are a whole lot of people interested in knives but maybe there's a way to poll the membership to find out. I'd like to see a ham radio forum but I don't think it would be very populated.

That would probaby be easier for admin to do? Just add in HOBBIES in with the rest of the name titles?

I am interested in knives but not for long. Hubby gets them at yard sales and I take the pics. Off to Craigslist they go..or ebay...or to an antique shop. I don't take one at a time. I just bundle them up and sell the whole lot. No clue what they are. I just know they fetch bucks when we are lucky enough to score some.

He could come up with a creative title like "The Night of the Long Knives: Part I, the Unsheathing"

Too long?

:lol:

Its pretty simple.......Start a Thread. :thup:

I think what you are asking for is a forum ....to be called "hobbies" as a catch all for everyone who has niche hobbies such as yours... knives.

Its pretty simple.......Start a Thread. :thup:

I think what you are asking for is a forum ....to be called "hobbies" as a catch all for everyone who has niche hobbies such as yours... knives.

You need a knife to carve out a niche? I did not know that...

Forum List

Back