Hobbies?

Yes ...my wife and I have a ..hobby.. together

Everywhere we go together, that is special, we take time out to preform.. our hobby

Sometimes it's a dirty .. hobby...Sometimes it's clean but a little dirty...hobby.

When we get home, we save the results of our..hobby.. in sealed, little glass containers.

:eusa_shifty:

Actually, we just collect sand or dirt from the places we go..Waikiki sand, dirt from beside the Lincoln memorial, colored glass from glass beach Fort Bragg and put them in small glass bottles. Label them and add them to the collection..

Last edited:

Everywhere we go together, that is special, we take time out to preform.. our hobby

Sometimes it's a dirty .. hobby...Sometimes it's clean but a little dirty...hobby.

When we get home, we save the results of our..hobby.. in sealed, little glass containers.

Actually, we just collect sand or dirt from the places we go..Waikiki sand, dirt from beside the Lincoln memorial, colored glass from glass beach Fort Bragg and put them in small glass bottles. Label them and add them to the collection..

Have you been to the zoo?

Ya.. I'm here pretty regularly...

Ya.. I'm here pretty regularly...

elephant.jpg

Anybody got a really cool hobby? I've just started collecting belly button lint. It's really a fun hobby and it doesn't cost a whole lot of money.

I play guitar, percussion, a little keyboards
I get together once a week with my brother and nephew and we do experimental jamming/hard rock/fusion/metal kind of stuff...

i've written a few tunes and I do some recording on my small home recording studio

it's more than a hobby.

i'm actually quite good (on guitar and percussion....not so good on keys)
think jeff beck, iron maiden, steve howe, alex lifeson...
add a dash of gene kelly (my fingers dance on the fret board the way gene danced on stage!)
and that would be me....

I also make jewelry

I go to yards sale and rummage sales and buy up old necklaces and bracelets looking for old glass beads and various parts/findings

then I take those apart and use the parts to create my own jewelry; necklaces and earrings.

A lot of my necklace designs are based upon victorian styles

I"ve had my stuff in shops, boutiques and museums

i enjoy cooking. we have HUNDREDS of cook books and I like to thumb through them and find recipes to try

I also do a little sewing...
not really as a hobby, though...

every christmas I take old fabric (found at rummage sales and yard sales) and make christmas stockings for everyone in the immediate family

is going to yard sales and rummage sales a hobby?

my favorite hobby is to come to message boards and mock moronicons

Cross Stitching

Too bad I haven't touched my latest project in several months. I blame the damn internet! It holds me captive! And I blame my kids who keep me crazy busy!

Anyway, there is nothing more relaxing to me ( besides sitting on a lounge chair on a tropical beach ) than sitting with my cross stich in hand. One of my favorite designers is Mirabilia Designs.

I don't know how similar it is, but I used to like making hook-latch rugs.
Do they still sell those things?

Cross Stitching

Too bad I haven't touched my latest project in several months. I blame the damn internet! It holds me captive! And I blame my kids who keep me crazy busy!

Anyway, there is nothing more relaxing to me ( besides sitting on a lounge chair on a tropical beach ) than sitting with my cross stich in hand. One of my favorite designers is Mirabilia Designs.

I used to do cross stitching and knitting and all those kinds of projects but arthritis kind of slowed me down. Funny how I can type without it hurting but even when I write with a pen it hurts. Of course now it hurts just because I'm thinking about it....darn!
I'm sorry to hear about your arthritis Sheila. When I was a little girl my grandmother taught me to crochet. I've always enjoyed it, but again ... it's a lost hobby.

Cross Stitching

:eusa_think: Hmmmm ... I think so. Been many many many years since I've hook-latched myself a rug. lol

Cross Stitching

:eusa_think: Hmmmm ... I think so. Been many many many years since I've hook-latched myself a rug. lol
No fair with the "many many many years" part! :tongue:
I was a teenager when I did mine, if that's an indicator
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back