Hobbies

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Anybody got any great hobbies? I collect coins and currency and I'm also heavily into photography. What about the rest of you? What do you do as a hobby? There are some pretty creative folks on the board so I would think there must be some great hobbies out there.

Anybody got any great hobbies? I collect coins and currency and I'm also heavily into photography. What about the rest of you? What do you do as a hobby? There are some pretty creative folks on the board so I would think there must be some great hobbies out there.

I'm *very* good at spending money.

But, when I get bored with that, I'm pretty good at building/electrifying/furnishing collector quality dollhouses...

I was an expert scale model builder until my eyesight for fine work went about a dozen or so years ago.

These days my only hobby is to read.

I like taking still pictures that I find from various sources and making videos, most of them have been tributes to our Military.

That is one hobby, that takes some time and dedication if you want to do it well.

I love restoring my home, it is 137 years old. Very rewarding, but very hard work.

I have a few hobbies, I never truly get bored

I admire folks who work on their houses, take on major projects voluntarily and get them done. I have a tendency to leave things alone until something breaks.

Since I got a house several years back I've gotten into the horticulture thing. Even if I plant a tree that dies it just can't cost me too much besides lost time.

I've always turned wrenches but now I'm married that's taken a back seat.

We have a wargame group that gets together once a week. Axis & Allies, Civ, that type of thing.

I'm also not above playing video games. Madden, some retro arcade games or whatever my friends are playing. Also fool with Yahoo games occasionally, I'm better at Chess than the word jumble scrabble like games.

Used to be decent at Spades and Hearts....Do the gym thing, although that's mostly knee work lately.

Muskie fishing, paragliding, flying small planes, skiing (alpine and telemark), riding --and fixing/upgrading-- my motorbike, collecting Morgan dollars....Have about half a dozen 1/32 scale model airplanes to start building, once I get the room to make some decent dioramas for them.

History. WWII and Civil War reenacting and living history which when done right means study, study, study.

I do a lot of reading, on pretty much any subject. Lately I've been getting more into astronomy, which I've always loved but never had the time to spend really learning it. It's hard having time and space with the kiddos, but I used to teach art and dance and loved to go rock climbing - nothing extreme, just for fun.

Pretty much the usual hillbilly hobbies, hunting, fishing, target shooting, tinkering with old cars, amateur astronomy, hiking and camping, metal detecting.

Winter sucks for most of my interests but I'm reading the Ham Radio License Manual from the ARRL for my amateur radio Technician License. That should give me something to do in the colder months.

I collect hockey cards and hockey memorabilia, plus I have also taken up acting, I have been an extra on Nurse Jackie(was a bum in emergency room) , CSI NY (a guy getting off a ferry) Kings(working guy in angry crowd), a guy sleeping at a bus stop with a feedbag on my face for an onion internet video, plus I was a henchman in a Greek show called on 31st st(translated from the greek) and my favorite scene(as it was the longest) a skinhead mugger in a bollywood movie where I actually speak a little. Currently taking classes in an effort to land an actual speaking role, that is my goal. If I ever get an opportunity to make a living acting then I will no longer consider it a hobby

Gotta scamper off to Andy Jackson Air Park...Later, homies y homitas!!

2005_05_21_CA_Marshall_Looking_East.jpg

Forum List

Back