Hoaxters claim penis causes climate change passed peer review to prove a point

My dick! IT's melting the ice cap! Yah yah yba.......

So, you say that a pay for publish magazine is equivalent to peer reviewed journals? And you are going to stick with that? Shame on you. Yes, in any human endevour mistakes are made. But, compared to the outright drivel in the deniers articles, damned few in the peer reviewed journals.

Where, exactly, did I say any of that? Why are you attributing these strawman arguments to me?

There is a hiarchy to the Journals. Nature, Science, and NEJM at the top. Then others with decending prestige, and predatory pay-to-publish at the bottom.

Skeptical authors and papers are not even in the running to get published in the top journals. The next tier occasionally do, but the editors often get removed for letting them slip through. The climategate emails were awash will backroom conversations on how to deny and delay skeptical papers.

When a skeptical paper does get published the climate science consensus team puts enormous effort into attacking it. Yet they are silent when bogus papers like Mann08 are found to have grave errors and exaggerations.

A real life Catch-22. I don't mind skeptical papers being forced to be precise, I do have a problem with the double standards.

Forum List

Back