HOAs Cannot Bar Display Of The American Flag. Thank You President Bush!

Bonnie said:
Well I will bet you there were an awful lot of people in Lebanon that were really happy to see the US flag attached to ships and uniforms..

True, but if an Hizbollah rocket landed in the middle of a group of those people, the flag would have protected them how. In fact, to some the US flag in Lebanon would have been a target...

jillian said:
There are things far more onerous than not allowing flags... how about not allowing blacks, Jews, Asians or some other group? While rarer, these things still exist. Perhaps those things should be more of a focus than whether people can fly flags.

Thats the most ridiculous arguement I have ever heard. So we should all just ignore a problem just because there is a "bigger" problem supposedly existing somewhere else? Even if there are some HOA not allow "blacks, Jews, Asians" ect (LINKS??) that doesn't mean you cannot address other problems. Thats like saying we as a nation should stop with rape laws because murder is still a problem and should be delt with first, as if we can't handle both "issues" at the same time. And tell us how on hell one group of citizens fighting their own HOA about flag displays is supposed to do anything (or "focus") about some other HOA they don't even know about that supposedly practices racist policies (which would be illegal anyway).

Nice deflection Jillian, but people have the right to fight for whatever rights they want to, no matter how trivial they are to you.

Dr Grump said:
And you make no sense...for a change....:rolleyes:

First..thanks for the slight compliment.

Now..why did I say that? You are a veteran. You swore an oath of allegiance to defend our country. The flag was there when you swore that oath. Every day you saluted our flag. Every base or ship you were on had our flag waving proudly.

I hope that when you go to sporting events where they sing the National Anthem, you stand and place your hand over your heart.

You SHOULD have (and should still) displayed the utmost respect to the Flag of the United States.

People you fought with died defending our flag - which represents our country.

How in the world you can take the flag for nothing more than a piece of cloth that will not block a bomb or a bullet is beyond me.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
While I applaud Bush's actions here, I find it deplorable that it even had to come to this!

Forum List

Back