Ho Feng Shan: The 'Chinese Schindler' who saved thousands of Jews

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
He will go down in history as one of the righteous

Hong Kong (CNN)When Ho Feng Shan died at the age of 96, he took a secret to his grave. The only clue was a single sentence in his obituary in 1997.

Throughout his long life, Ho never mentioned his heroic deeds during World War II — not to his wife, his children or friends.

During 1938 to 1940, Ho, the consul general of the then Nationalist Chinese government's embassy in Vienna, saved perhaps tens of thousands of Jews from the Holocaust with just a stroke of his pen.

When Jews desperately sought visas to escape from Nazi-occupied Austria, he issued thousands — in defiance of his superior's orders.

The Chinese Schindler who saved thousands of Jews - CNN.com

He will go down in history as one of the righteous

Hong Kong (CNN)When Ho Feng Shan died at the age of 96, he took a secret to his grave. The only clue was a single sentence in his obituary in 1997.

Throughout his long life, Ho never mentioned his heroic deeds during World War II — not to his wife, his children or friends.

During 1938 to 1940, Ho, the consul general of the then Nationalist Chinese government's embassy in Vienna, saved perhaps tens of thousands of Jews from the Holocaust with just a stroke of his pen.

When Jews desperately sought visas to escape from Nazi-occupied Austria, he issued thousands — in defiance of his superior's orders.

The Chinese Schindler who saved thousands of Jews - CNN.com

As he never told a soul about what he had done we know he did it from a pure heart. G-d bless him and his children and his children's children to a thousand generations. May the LORD raise up more like him for this generation.

Jews, Jews, Jews.

All some people here care about is the Jews.

This wouldn't have anything to do with keeping Israhell in peanuts n beer would it?

Jews, Jews, Jews.

This wouldn't have anything to do with keeping Israhell in peanuts n beer would it?

If you were facing hunters of men - that wanted to put you and your family to death in a most cruel and unusual way - would you not want someone to care about your lives and take the risk to save you from such a fate?

Here. This is what you need to see, Urban.

May the LORD touch your heart when you see what you are about to see. It's a very short film. Won't take but a few minutes of your time. Watch it.

Jews, Jews, Jews.

If you were facing hunters of men - that wanted to put you and your family to death in a most cruel and unusual way - would you not want someone to care about your lives and take the risk to save you from such a fate?

You're talking through your hat, that has nothing to do with the point I was making.

May the LORD touch your heart when you see what you are about to see. It's a very short film. Won't take but a few minutes of your time. Watch it.

I don't have a "lord", I live in the real world ;)

Jews, Jews, Jews.

You're talking through your hat, that has nothing to do with the point I was making.

It has everything to do with the point you were making, Urban. Do you not see that during the Holocaust that is all people should have been caring about? Yes, that is the only thing they should have been concerning themselves with. Not how to claim their property once they were taken away. Not how to sing louder at their Mass so they wouldn't hear the trains going by full of weeping men, women and children. Not turning their face and looking the other way when people were being taken to their deaths right in front of them.

I thought that by putting up the film you would have "gotten the point". Apparently not. What has blinded you from seeing it? Your hatred of the Jews. You have a problem and it is called anti-semitism.

I don't have a "lord", I live in the real world ;)

This world is passing away before our very eyes. Everything you see with your natural eye is temporal. Only the Word of God is eternal. The Word of God will never pass away. It is eternal. Who is the Word of God? The Lord Jesus Christ.

It's a remarkable story but only CNN would make the quantum leap of credibility by comparing a German who risked his life every day and avoided torture by Gestapo agents in order to rescue Jews from the Camps, to a Chinese envoy who stamped visas.

Jews, Jews, Jews.

It has everything to do with the point you were making, Urban. Do you not see that during the Holocaust that is all people should have been caring about? Yes, that is the only thing they should have been concerning themselves with. Not how to claim their property once they were taken away. Not how to sing louder at their Mass so they wouldn't hear the trains going by full of weeping men, women and children. Not turning their face and looking the other way when people were being taken to their deaths right in front of them.

I thought that by putting up the film you would have "gotten the point". Apparently not. What has blinded you from seeing it? Your hatred of the Jews. You have a problem and it is called anti-semitism.

I don't hate the Jews, there just seem to be so many threads about the poor Jews, they are not poor anymore and they are the ones using Nazi policies today against the Palestinians.

If you have sympathy for the lebensraum against the Jews in the 30s, you should also have sympathy for the lebensraum being committed against the Palestinians today.

That's a nice fairytale but the Jews are not the only oppressed minority on the planet.

When I look at that film I think of the Palestinians being ethnically cleansed as we speak.

That's a nice fairytale but the Jews are not the only oppressed minority on the planet.

When I look at that film I think of the Palestinians being ethnically cleansed as we speak.

Find a spot in the rubber room if you want to whine about modern Palestinians. This is the history forum and Schindler was a historic figure who risked his life to save Jews from being systematically executed by his own government. Feng Shan stamped a few visas from his relatively safe and secure and well furnished embassy.

Forum List

Back