Hmmmm...let's see what happens

Senate Leader Trent Lott forced to resign leadership position for praising Strom Thurmand.... Senator Harry Reid forced to resign leadership position for comments on Obama?
Dems rally behind Reid after race remark - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com

He is from the party of racism therefore he will be allowed to stay. Comments like his are only racist if utterd by a republican or an individual who stands in the way of the progressive movement.

If they are a member of the movement its OK.

EDIT: That is how it appears to me anyway, the double standard is glaring.

Last edited:
Wrong Countess. All and I repeat all Lott did was try to be nice to an old geaser on his 90 something birthday. He wasn't talking about segregation he was talking about a far more limted role for the federal government.

Lott said the country would have been a better place if the person who ran as a segregationist were elected.

you want to compare that to a poor choice of words that actually made a correct political assessment?

people were talking a lot about obama's chances of becoming president because of his color. i still say if the economy hadn't imploded while mccain made such a bad choice of VP, McCain would have won.

Ummmmmmm... Lott didn't leave because of his stupid comments...

Lott left so he could go make money:

Senate's No. 2 Republican to resign by end of year - CNN.com

Even Fox's valentine to Trent didn't say anything along the lines you're alleging:

Trent Lott Resigns From U.S. Senate After Nearly Two Decades of Service - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

I really hate revisionist history.

I thought he resigned in '02?

Yer link even says so:

Lott, 66, served as Senate majority leader when Republicans controlled that body but was pushed out of the leadership post after he told a 2002 birthday gathering for former Sen. Strom Thurmond that the country would have avoided "all these problems" if Thurmond's 1948 segregationist presidential bid had succeeded.

Lott later apologized for his "poor choice of words."

Yer link even says he was pushed out. Or forced to resign, or however you want to put it.

Well, according to Lott in December of 2002:

LOTT: No senator has spoken to me about the possibility of me stepping down directly, publicly or privately; certainly not any Republican senator. A lot of senators have called to say they're -- frankly, they're praying for me, to offer suggestions and ideas of what we can do to, you know, have something positive come out of all of this.

CNN.com - Lott: Segregation and racism are immoral - Dec. 13, 2002

Senate's No. 2 Republican to resign by end of year - CNN.com

Lott, 66, served as Senate majority leader when Republicans controlled that body but was pushed out of the leadership post after he told a 2002 birthday gathering for former Sen. Strom Thurmond that the country would have avoided "all these problems" if Thurmond's 1948 segregationist presidential bid had succeeded.

Forum List

Back