Hmmmm it's supposedly hotter but the sea level dropped 10mm

As Florida Keys residents confront rising sea levels, what lessons?

Waters around the Florida Keys are nine inches higher than a century ago. Efforts to battle rising sea levels make the Keys 'a canary in the coal mine,' an indicator of what other areas might need to prepare for.

As Florida Keys residents confront rising sea levels, what lessons? - CSMonitor.com

The lesson here is that not all Christians are crazy.

It isn't rising sea levels rdean. Florida is over a region of settling land. Remember all the sink holes?

Oh, now I get it. The land is "sinking". By 9 inches. Without an earthquake. Evenly everywhere.

Stop, my sides hurt. I'm laughing.

What part of relative sea level is causing you trouble?

The position and height of sea relative to the land (relative sea level - RSL) determines the location of the shoreline.

GEOIN: Relative sea level

RSL is a combination of several factors including the rise or fall of the sea surface due to variations in salinity and/or temperature, vertical land motion, and changes in currents, winds, barometric pressure, bottom topography, long-period tides, etc. If the land is sinking, RSL will appear to be rising even if the water level isn’t changing height due to the other factors;

Florida may be sinking at a rate of about –0.5 ± 1.6 mm/yr. This very preliminary value of –0.5 mm/yr with its very large uncertainty of ± 1.6 mm/yr, should be viewed very cautiously, but a sinking Florida is in general agreement with geophysical models of Earth’s changing shape due to post-glacial rebound from the last ice age.

http://www.fsbpa.com/documents/Florida Sea Level_rev04042008.pdf

Did I mention you suck at science?

As Florida Keys residents confront rising sea levels, what lessons?

Waters around the Florida Keys are nine inches higher than a century ago. Efforts to battle rising sea levels make the Keys 'a canary in the coal mine,' an indicator of what other areas might need to prepare for.

As Florida Keys residents confront rising sea levels, what lessons? - CSMonitor.com

The lesson here is that not all Christians are crazy.

It isn't rising sea levels rdean. Florida is over a region of settling land. Remember all the sink holes?

Oh, now I get it. The land is "sinking". By 9 inches. Without an earthquake. Evenly everywhere.

Not sure about 9 Inches, but Florida does not need earth quakes to sink. It is sinking and has always been.

Not sure about 9 Inches, but Florida does not need earth quakes to sink. It is sinking and has always been.

Yea and so is new orleans and most of the gulf coast. Not a nice place to build a home at.:(

Florida is sinking and always has been? Is that how the limestone that underlies most of Florida was formed, on dry land?

The position and height of sea relative to the land (relative sea level - RSL) determines the location of the shoreline.

RSL is a combination of several factors including the rise or fall of the sea surface due to variations in salinity and/or temperature, vertical land motion, and changes in currents, winds, barometric pressure, bottom topography, long-period tides, etc. If the land is sinking, RSL will appear to be rising even if the water level isn’t changing height due to the other factors;

Florida may be sinking at a rate of about –0.5 ± 1.6 mm/yr. This very preliminary value of –0.5 mm/yr with its very large uncertainty of ± 1.6 mm/yr, should be viewed very cautiously, but a sinking Florida is in general agreement with geophysical models of Earth’s changing shape due to post-glacial rebound from the last ice age.

What part of that map do you not understand? Note the places that the sea level is dropping relative to land in the active subducation areas.

I see no evidence that you have any understanding of any aspect of science. All I hear from you is dingbat Conservative talking points.

What part of that map do you not understand? Note the places that the sea level is dropping relative to land in the active subducation areas.

I see no evidence that you have any understanding of any aspect of science. All I hear from you is dingbat Conservative talking points.

I laugh that you still do not comprehend RSL. You introduced the term, yet have no idea what your talking about. :lol::lol::lol:

So if sea level has risen by 8 inches in the 20th century when do we have to change our records as to how high we are relative to sea level? Or do we change it?

So if sea level has risen by 8 inches in the 20th century when do we have to change our records as to how high we are relative to sea level? Or do we change it?

Yeah we would give the USGS a few hundred billion to correct all the maps.

Forum List

Back