Hmmm, War, But Perhaps Not Terrorism

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
A Rose by any other name?

Links at site:

http://varifrank.com/archives/2005/08/well_while_you_1.php

Well, while you are in the neighborhood...

Quote:

"U.S. intelligence agencies are closely watching the joint Russian-Chinese military exercises that will include anti-submarine warfare drills and an amphibious and airborne assault training.
"With the exception of soldiers, other people are not allowed to enter the area; they are only allowed to go out," the newspaper stated.

Russian and Chinese military officials have said the exercises are not aimed at any nation."

These exercises are taking place on the “Shandong Peninsula”. Where’s that you ask?

Lets take a look:

Yellow_Sea.jpg

Yeah, that’s North Korea. The funny little Peninsula sticking out of the coast of China to the east of North Korea across the Yellow Sea, That’s the Shandong Peninsula.

Why do I care? Well, I’m always interested in the movements of mass conscript armies just from an economics standpoint, particularly when they are Chinese and Russian. From just an economics standpoint it’s a big hit to a countries economy to do a war game of this size, particularly when the Chinese have to hire out to the Russians for Sealift as part of the exercise. I also note that as of late, the Chinese have been trying to get their hands on as much oil as they can find and paying whatever price necessary to get it, yet Chinese civilians are complaining about “shortage”, which makes me ask “ ok, who’s got the oil?”. Can you say “Chinese Strategic Reserve”? Sure, I knew you could. So that explains where the oil has gone, its almost as if they were preparing for something that takes lots and lots of oil.

Now, I think this is just another bare faced Communist Chinese threat against Taiwan, but let's take a step back for a second and look at it again.

The Chinese and Russians are now engaged in a massive Amphibious "war game" in the Yellow sea, just across the water from North Korea. It’s significant not just for “Who” but “Where”. These are war games that, for some reason don’t include observers from South Korea, Taiwan, Japan or the United States – or North Korea.

One of the reasons why you hold war games is to demonstrate to your potential enemies your capabilities. You invite them to be observers so they can see what’s going on. You also do it so there wont be any “misunderstandings”, and some low level officer mistakes a test missile firing as the real thing and before you know it, World War III gets started, and that would be bad. You also know full well that the “observers” are reporting everthing they see, which makes the other side spend months and months doing “analysis” while your diplomats do more work to see that a war doesn’t have to be fought at all ( See: Sun Tzu – Rules of War). None of that is happening in these “games” even for close Chinese Allies, like say, the North Koreans…

Now, The article I referenced says that large numbers of civilian populations on the Shandong Peninsula are being displaced.

To which I ask;

Why?

If it’s just a “war game”, what’s the “big whoop” over civilian populations? I’m sure security is an issue, but its Communist China for crying out loud, its only one step removed from a prison camp as it is.

Unless….

Unless this isn’t a “War game”, but the preparation for staging for a lightning invasion of North Korea.

Not by us, but by the Communist Chinese and the Russians, who both share a border and an unfortunate history with the Hermit Kingdom.

There are only three routes out of North Korea into China. The Chinese have spent the last 4 years building elaborate fences to control those three exits. The very last thing the Chinese want is millions of famine suffering refugees streaming into China, and the same goes for Russia.

And the very last thing either of these countries wants is one more place where the United States has allies sharing a border with their country. One way or another, North Korea is going to fall, its just a question of will it be a “controlled fall” or a total catastrophe. If nothing is done, catastrophe is assured, therefore, something must be done, but the question is “by whom”. China has a great interest in seeing that it’s a “controlled fall”, and so does Russia, and they both have an interest in seeing that we stay out of it. We don’t think about it much, but our actions in Afghanistan and the rest of the –Stans has significantly irritated the Russians and the Chinese, because their once distant provinces are now being used for staging of US Military assets. This gets the people in charge of the Russian and Chinese military assets quite upset. Remember how upset we got when Grenada just built a runway that was long enough to host MIGs? It’s like that, only worse.

I’m not saying I know anything that you don’t. I’m just saying, keep an eye on these guys this could get interesting. When people say they are moving civilian populations for “war games” I think East Anglia and “Operation Fortitude”. I think the placement of this particular “war game” is very interesting.

Remember, If they wanted to simulate a Taiwan invasion then why not invade Hainan Island as a ‘war game” rather than a peninsula in the Yellow Sea that just happens to have the same tidal patterns of the Korean Peninsula?

Remember – Geography is history.
(Inchon. I’m thinking Inchon here…)

Update: And what are these exercises called?
Operation Crouching Chinese Tiger, Hidden Russkie? Nah.
Operation Rustbucket and Vodka Tumbler? Nah.
Operation Recapture National Pride? Nah.
Openation "Is that A Kalishnakov in your pocket or are you just glad to see me comrade"? Nah.
Operation Communist Nostalgia Tour? Nah....

Its "Peace Mission 2005"

George Orwell - Call your office!

UPDATE II: I wasnt aware that the US and South Korea are also doing a "war game" at the same time.

Seems like this is 'war game' season for everyone in or around Korea, except for North Korea, who has decided instead to host Ted Turner in a "peace mission". The poor bastards, I almost feel sorry for them.

Posted @ August 23, 2005 01:13 PM | Current Affairs

GunnyL said:
Not I. And where is Kim Jong BadHairBoy and his chest-thumping now? Hell, it pays to be known as ruthless bastards like Russia, China and the US Marines. ;)
Big win on NK. I hope it holds, as it allows scopes on Iran only...

Forum List

Back