Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

And where did I say you would discriminate?

Here is what I said:

Being a human being and being bigoted towards people because they are attracted to the same gender is a mental disorder.

It would be a disorder if it led to behavior which was suboptimal.

Bigotry and homophobia's are disorders which have led to behavior which was suboptimal- bigotry has led to the deaths of millions worldwide- and homophobia has led to murder and assault- even the mass murder of homosexuals.

Homosexuals are walking plague carriers:

Men are walking time bombs.

Men are overwhelmingly responsible for murder, rape and assault

Men commit 99.8% of all rapes- http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/SOO.PDF
Men commit 90% of all murders in America.
Men commit around 90% of all child sex abuse in America

Men are walking time bombs.

And not surprising- the violent bigots and homophobes tend to be almost entirely men.

NO ONE is a homophobe. I've never ONCE in my life heard someone say they are scared of gays. Not once

As an side, BLACK men commit most of the crime, not men in general.

Tell that to the female Nazi concentration camp guards.

Women, given the chance, can be as awful as men.

Bu . . . yes, averagebear, is a homophobe and also a sexist and racist.

Go back and read his last two posts.

Would have sworn I was reading Mal. :lol:

We all have the same rights. That is probably the most profound thing I can say here. Gays also have the same rights, so do lefties. Left handed people, I mean. Same rights, no less, no more. Gays buy up lawyers and buy rights, and popular opinion now. Or so it seems. One day we as a culture are really going to regret deeming Gays as equal to heterosexuals. Homosexuality will be seen for what it is, petty sexual dysfunction, and nothing that merits special rights. Don't let me be the one that says: I told you so. Gays will just be the next generation's form or polio or whatnot. Special rights my sweet bippy.

Yeah....I imagine you were saying the same thing in 1964.....'One day we as a culture are really going to regret deeming Negroes as equal to Caucasians'- complaining about how they wanted special rights....

I think that society should pressure faggots to stop being faggots. I'd NEVER support a law against being a faggot though *wink wink*

'faggot'.....'n*gger'....'****'....'c*nt'....

All words used for the same purpose by the same people.

That line wasn't effective the first 20 times you used it.

Works for me every time

'faggot'.....'n*gger'....'****'....'c*nt'....

All words used for the same purpose by the same people- I might make that my signature.

So both extremes are being silly here.

Congrats to the pastors for making the payment for pastor services gratuitous.

Of course, if the wedding chapel is a business, the gays can demand the owners to provide a pastor who will marry them.

How about a gay Justice of the Peace. I believe they are empowered to perform weddings. They can demand all they want too, but there is no possibility of a demand for a Pastor that would be, or should be honored.

The for profit chapel can hire a non bigoted person to perform the ceremonies they have a religious objection to...or they can become an actual church and forgo the cash.

After seeing the Wedding Chapel advertisement and the very first thing provided for a wedding service is a Minister, the Wedding Chapel may have a problem.

Pastors, or Ministers are not bigots. They are men that believe what it says in the Bible about a homosexual act being a sin, and believe the Bible is written by men who were divinely inspired to write the word of God. Since we are all sinners, and the forgiveness of sins is what religion is all about. To ask, let alone require a Christian man to condone what he believes to be a sin is unrealistic.

I realize that is difficult for those who believe there is no God to comprehend, but they really should try.

Hiding behind the bible doesn't make you less of a bigot. Make sure you watch the whole thing.

Pastors, or Ministers are not bigots. They are men that believe what it says in the Bible about a homosexual act being a sin, and believe the Bible is written by men who were divinely inspired to write the word of God. Since we are all sinners, and the forgiveness of sins is what religion is all about. To ask, let alone require a Christian man to condone what he believes to be a sin is unrealistic.

There are two issues here- bigotry and faith.

See I think that
I think homophobia and bigotry expresses as a mental illness.

Shame on you for being a homophobephobe and a bigotphobe. You're picking on people who were BORN THAT WAY. That's wrong. You need to accept them as they are rather than send them to reparative therapy.

I haven't suggested that bigots and homophobes need to be forced into treatment.

Shockingly- you are wrong again.
Quit trying to change them. Love them for who they are.

Quit telling people who they should love.

Of course, if the wedding chapel is a business, the gays can demand the owners to provide a pastor who will marry them.

How about a gay Justice of the Peace. I believe they are empowered to perform weddings. They can demand all they want too, but there is no possibility of a demand for a Pastor that would be, or should be honored.

The for profit chapel can hire a non bigoted person to perform the ceremonies they have a religious objection to...or they can become an actual church and forgo the cash.

After seeing the Wedding Chapel advertisement and the very first thing provided for a wedding service is a Minister, the Wedding Chapel may have a problem.

I realize that is difficult for those who believe there is no God to comprehend, but they really should try.

Hiding behind the bible doesn't make you less of a bigot. Make sure you watch the whole thing.

Hiding from the Bible and trashing those that do believe it is the word of God fits the definition of bigot perfectly.

See I think that
I think homophobia and bigotry expresses as a mental illness.

Shame on you for being a homophobephobe and a bigotphobe. You're picking on people who were BORN THAT WAY. That's wrong. You need to accept them as they are rather than send them to reparative therapy.

I haven't suggested that bigots and homophobes need to be forced into treatment.

Hiding from the Bible and trashing those that do believe it is the word of God fits the definition of bigot perfectly.

Segregationist and anti miscegenationists believed the word of God too. Guess they weren't bigots? History sure judges them as such.

Did you watch the video?

See I think that

Segregationist and anti miscegenationists believed the word of God too. Guess they weren't bigots? History sure judges them as such.

Did you watch the video?

I did not watch the video, and I am sure there are bigots in the groups you mention. Some of them remind me of radical muslims in the way they misuse the word of God.

See I think that

Did you watch the video?

I did not watch the video, and I am sure there are bigots in the groups you mention. Some of them remind me of radical muslims in the way they misuse the word of God.

You REALLY need to watch it. Really, really. He took actual sermons from the 50s and just replaced the words they used about blacks with gays.

Bigots haven't changed, just the target. They thought they were just as right about the word of god as anti gay bigots are today.

History will be the judge.

141-Imagine-how-stupid-you-are-going-to-look-in-40-years.jpeg

See I think that

Did you watch the video?

You REALLY need to watch it. Really, really. He took actual sermons from the 50s and just replaced the words they used about blacks with gays.

Bigots haven't changed, just the target. They thought they were just as right about the word of god as anti gay bigots are today.

There are states that don't recognize you marriage license, and it is a minor inconvenience. Try going to a muslim country and show your marriage license. They will probably cut your head off.

See I think that

Did you watch the video?

There are states that don't recognize you marriage license, and it is a minor inconvenience. Try going to a muslim country and show your marriage license. They will probably cut your head off.
Doncha see Seawytch? When sensibility fails, the Right Wing used Islamic traditions as their paradigm of justice!

Did you watch the video?

Doncha see Seawytch? When sensibility fails, the Right Wing used Islamic traditions as their paradigm of justice!

Did you watch the video?

Another one. They keep coming out of the woodwork.

See I think that

Did you watch the video?

:lol: really? That's what you got? Pathetic.

Did you watch the video?

:lol: really? That's what you got? Pathetic.

It's your head.

Forum List

Back