Hmmm...gun control in South Korea doesn't work either...

From wikipedia...South Korea is #3 for suicide....and Greenland is #1....what's with that......I think they have pretty good gun control too.....Lithuania is second......

There are probably lots of ways to kill yourself if you really want to.

Yes......and countries with absolute gun control kill themselves at a higher rate than we do.......

I doubt it's because we have better mental health care.

Do you think S. Korea even recognize mental health issues.....?

From wikipedia...South Korea is #3 for suicide....and Greenland is #1....what's with that......I think they have pretty good gun control too.....Lithuania is second......

There are probably lots of ways to kill yourself if you really want to.

Yes......and countries with absolute gun control kill themselves at a higher rate than we do.......

I doubt it's because we have better mental health care.

Do you think S. Korea even recognize mental health issues.....?

Not a clue.

Well....South Korea is the home of the worst mass shooting in history....at least it was until Norway...but it still might be.....and it also has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world.....and yet, when their criminals want guns...they get guns....even there....

Restrictive Gun Control Powerless to Stop South Korean Attack - Breitbart

Quote:

On February 25, an unnamed gunman shot and killed three people in Sejong City, South Korea, despite the country’s strict gun control regulations.

According to GunPolicy.org, South Korean gun regulations are rated “restrictive” and include proving the need for owning a firearm, passing criminal and mental health background checks, and registering the gun with the government, among other things.

Despite these regulations, ABC News reports the gunman allegedly “shot and killed three people in a Sejong City convenience store” and then set the store ablaze “before fleeing.” The suspect is then alleged to have shot and killed himself “a few kilometers from the store.”

The suspect was allegedly in possession of hunting rifles which can only be lawfully possessed after being checked out from police stations.

Breitbart News previously reported that France and Denmark also have “restrictive” gun regulations in place, none of which were able to prevent the January 7-9 Paris attacks or the February 14 attacks in Copenhagen.

As with Paris and Copenhagen—and Sandy Hook Elementary in the U.S.—the demonstrable lesson from South Korea is that gun control only hinders or disarms law-abiding citizens. It does not prevent the criminally-minded from carrying out their heinous plans.

I am not surprised. The country of American model faces the same problems as America itself. It is quite reasonable. We have not managed to control guns. Why must they complete this mission?

Forum List

Back