Hmm...interesting thing with Google and websites today....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I noticed earlier today that a few websites I went to while at the office seem to be not responding...but yet ping speed was perfectly fine.
Odd.
I left the office and while out I went to check my email on my Kindle Fire...Gmail was awfully slow...but then seconds later...just fine.

So I am sitting here at home now and I start noticing numerous websites are 3/4 unresponsive...but again everything pings fine...and Google is very slow.

Keep in mind - 3 different networks.

So as I am surfing around,,,I keep noticing that every few minutes this is happening...so then I start pining google during these periods...anywhere from 30%-50% packet loss. At the same time I am pinging various websites all over - all pinging perfect - 0% loss.

Then it occured to me...all of these sites have google pieces within them.

..Hmm...if I was a part of a major hacking team...taking Google down would halt 2/3 of the internet since so many websites use google services within their homepage.

Oh c'mon I can't be the only one noticing this.
Those familiar with "stumble"...I am stumbling numerous sites - each site that has no google component (I can check if it does via ghostery)..they all load as fast as always - but every single site that has any google search assistance - they all load much slower.

I'm just experiencing random issues with the USMB, everything else seems fine. Just a few minutes ago the site froze up and then wouldn't load, in FF, Lunascape, CometBird and IE.

Well....it doesn't do it in Chrome. This is odd.
Take USMB...if I use Ghostery and block the 3 Google apps on this site - the site is blazing fast, an average page loads in about .6 - .7 seconds.
WITH the google apps - 3-4 seconds.
Youtube is horribly slow, always waiting on google apps.
In Chrome - it is fine.
WTF?

It is AdBlockPlus.
I disable it and everything is fine.

Nuts...I love ABP

ABP is fucking it up? Great..... :evil: I'm looking at the thread lists and the one I just posted in doesn't show that I posted. The other day I couldn't read half of someones post until I clicked on reply.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, but I get my service through the local phone company and even DSL isn't great. I believe my local phone company, in order to comply with the truth in advertising laws, should change its name to 'Two Tin Cans and A String.'

Hellsfire....now it is back to being screwed up again.
What the heck is going on...Chrome - everything is just fine.
I can barely load youtube with ABP off or on...every single time it is hung on a google app.
I would think I was hijacked...but that ain't possible.
There are no other connections on the router than just me.
What the...I loaded up Epiphany web browser - it also hangs up on google apps.

Christ.

I can barely load youtube with ABP off or on...every single time it is hung on a google app.

Christ.

Maybe you just have a computer virus. I've been on FB several times this morning with no problem.

Christ.

Maybe you just have a computer virus. I've been on FB several times this morning with no problem.

Not possible...I run Linux

Christ.

Not possible...I run Linux

failing hard drive then?

Forum List

Back