Hizbollah Slams Beheading of American as Un-Islamic

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
http://au.news.yahoo.com/040512/15/p/oyu8.html

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanon's Hizbollah guerrilla group condemned Wednesday the beheading of an American hostage by Iraqi militants as an ugly crime that flouted the tenets of Islam.

"Hizbollah condemns this horrible act that has done very great harm to Islam and Muslims by this group that claims affiliation to the religion of mercy, compassion and humane principles," the Shi'ite Muslim group said in a statement.

An Islamist Web site Tuesday carried a video clip of the execution of the man who identified himself as Nick Berg, with a statement saying a group linked to al Qaeda did it in revenge for the abuse of Iraqis by U.S. troops.

Hizbollah said Berg's killing had diverted the world's gaze from an escalating furor over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by occupation soldiers.

"The timing of this act that overshadowed the scandal over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners in occupation forces prisons is suspect timing that aims to serve the American administration and occupation forces in Iraq and present excuses and pretexts for their inhumane practices against Iraqi detainees."

The Syrian-backed group which the United States deems "terrorist" said the executors' behavior was closer to "the Pentagon school -- the school of killing and occupation and crimes and torture and immoral practices that were exposed by the great scandal in occupation prisons."

Washington blames Hizbollah, whose attacks forced Israeli troops to withdraw from south Lebanon in 2000 after a 22-year occupation, for 1980s suicide bombings against its embassy and Marines barracks and the abduction of Westerners in Beirut.

I would condemn it too if I was found out and needed to continue my deception.

The thing I hope we can understand here is that the koran okays lying in order to achieve the loftier goals.

If that is the case, which it is, then we all would be wise when talking to a muslim, to remember that fact.

That is why most who do not understand what the koran says are often duped by muslims.

Reading the koran clears everything up, but most Americans would rather defend the unknown than read and be the wiser.

Originally posted by NewGuy
The thing I hope we can understand here is that the koran okays lying in order to achieve the loftier goals.

If that is the case, which it is, then we all would be wise when talking to a muslim, to remember that fact.

That is why most who do not understand what the koran says are often duped by muslims.

Reading the koran clears everything up, but most Americans would rather defend the unknown than read and be the wiser.

I understand the quran loud and clear.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Man NewGuy, you are a holly rollin religous nut huh? you actually read the koran? if you did I hope you are not muslim and just duping us!:D

:D

Nah, I just don't like not knowing anything.

I will admit when I don't have information on something, but I HATE being uninformed. IF I take a stance in my beliefs, I can also provide you with plenty of information on the OPPOSITE of my beliefs.

You ought to see my library o' stuff. :)

On a serious note, I am a firm believer that "religion" is the prime motivating core of what makes all of us tick. It always overrides all other thinking and behaviors. It causes us to become who we are. As such, if we have a world of many texts promoting philosophies of life and ways to die, achieve salvation, gain moral or ethical responsibility, or even run a war, we ought to know what these texts say.

Now our lives depend on it.

Our president by either compromise through damage control or ignorance has taken a stand that is not based in fact regarding islam. This can be proven easilly by reading the koran, not by taking anyones word, or reading history books.

The koran is the religious text.

If our lives depend on this movement, we ought to wake up and get educated YESTERDAY.

If you lost your job, and had to be re-educated, how long would you wait?

Why wait now?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Hmmm, interesting bit there NewGuy, what's your take on evolution?.................Nah, just messing with ya!:laugh:

I think we are the product of subatomic fart residue combined with stellar mucous which has been slowly subjected to the sun's ultraviolet radiation and caused a spontaneous sneeze which produced a big bang and we all geletanized on a big blue marble which shall be used to win the next pro billiards tournament when we will end up in someone's pocket.

Now that your brain is dripping onto the floor out of your left ear, we return you to your regularly scheduled tin hat.....I mean program. :cof:

Originally posted by NewGuy
I think we are the product of subatomic fart residue combined with stellar mucous which has been slowly subjected to the sun's ultraviolet radiation and caused a spontaneous sneeze which produced a big bang and we all geletanized on a big blue marble which shall be used to win the next pro billiards tournament when we will end up in someone's pocket.

Now that your brain is dripping onto the floor out of your left ear, we return you to your regularly scheduled tin hat.....I mean program. :cof:

now THAT was GREAT!!!!!! I dont think I can add anything to that. lol :beer:

Originally posted by Lefty Wilbury

BEIRUT (Reuters) - "Hizbollah condemns this horrible act that has done very great harm to Islam and Muslims by this group that claims affiliation to the religion of mercy, compassion and humane principles," the Shi'ite Muslim group said in a statement.

Hizbollah said Berg's killing had diverted the world's gaze from an escalating furor over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by occupation soldiers.

"Slams beheading"???????? I've been slammed harder with a wet noodle. The only reason these camel jocks made any statement at all was to whine about the fact that this atrocity diverted attention from the prisoner humiliation issue. And they used their "denouncement" simply as a means to get in another shot at the USA.

If you can condemn someone with faint praise, then this statement serves to prove that you can also support someone with faint condemnation.

:bsflag:

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanon's Hizbollah guerrilla group condemned Wednesday the beheading of an American hostage by Iraqi militants as an ugly crime that flouted the tenets of Islam.

"Hizbollah condemns this horrible act that has done very great harm to Islam and Muslims by this group that claims affiliation to the religion of mercy, compassion and humane principles," the Shi'ite Muslim group said in a statement.

:bsflag:

This, coming from the Islamic world's leader in "mercy, compassion and humane principles." :bs1:

"The timing of this act that overshadowed the scandal over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners in occupation forces prisons is suspect timing that aims to serve the American administration and occupation forces in Iraq and present excuses and pretexts for their inhumane practices against Iraqi detainees."
-Hezbollah

Now there's some convoluted logic.

Suspect? What exactly do they suspect? That we told terrorists to saw this guy's head off and video tape it?

What incredibly odd people...

Still they did condemn it, which is perhaps stranger still. What could they possibly hope to gain by it? Perhaps it's a veiled message from the Syrians.

I was gonna say what merlin said, but he said it better.

zhukov- oddly enough, there are suggestions being reported that the fbi was involved. the family says the fbi had him in custody prior to his apprehension, this they are currently denying. about as likely of monkey's spontaneously flying out of my butt, but stranger things have happened in the course of world politics down thru the ages. (roman politics would have made a good soap opera).
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=2&u=/ap/20040512/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_berg

http://rense.com/general52/dmne.htm

i only put out the rense link to show that things like that are being said, we all know what kind of sight rense is

/cue twilight zone music

edit: found an even more over the top conspiracy site, had to share:
http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=2&contentid=1228

An Islamist Web site Tuesday carried a video clip of the execution of the man who identified himself as Nick Berg, with a statement saying a group linked to al Qaeda did it in revenge for the abuse of Iraqis by U.S. troops.

The Syrian-backed group which the United States deems "terrorist" said the executors' behavior was closer to "the Pentagon school -- the school of killing and occupation and crimes and torture and immoral practices that were exposed by the great scandal in occupation prisons."

Washington blames Hizbollah, whose attacks forced Israeli troops to withdraw from south Lebanon in 2000 after a 22-year occupation, for 1980s suicide bombings against its embassy and Marines barracks and the abduction of Westerners in Beirut.

Screw those Asswipes!! Sounds like they only care because it benifit Bush and our troops somehow. What a bunch of wastes of life!!!

Originally posted by krisy
Screw those Asswipes!! Sounds like they only care because it benifit Bush and our troops somehow. What a bunch of wastes of life!!!

Seriously, I'm not interested in what those fucks have to say. I'm only interested in their demise.

Lebanon's Hizbollah guerrilla group condemned Wednesday the beheading of an American hostage by Iraqi militants as an ugly crime that flouted the tenets of Islam.

I have problems taking the above seriously, since this group maintains close ties with those that just carried and held charred remains of humans ransom.

The terrorists have made a conclusion that the West cannot/will not keep up a war with barbarians. This is pretty reminiscent of the times of Vlad Dracula and we know how he handled that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back