Hiya Hiya

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Brand spankin' new here, hello. I had gone looking in search of a viable dialogue site and this one kept coming up. Seems to have a lot of features and flexibility, if not so easy on the eyes. Seems to have a wide range of topics too, and this is good.

I'm in North Carolina (by choice, not birth), travel a lot, have lived in the South, North, California (briefly) and Europe. Interests in media, politics, music, travel, geography, religions, linguistics and creative writing, but severely math disinclined, so don't start tossing budgetary numbers or stock dividend rates at me or I'll go right to sleep.

I named myself after one of my seminal influences. It's not unusual for me to start talking like him (fair warning) nor to engage in shameless puns. All my typos are intenentional, and everything I write gonna be funky.

Cheers.

Brand spankin' new here, hello. I had gone looking in search of a viable dialogue site and this one kept coming up. Seems to have a lot of features and flexibility, if not so easy on the eyes. Seems to have a wide range of topics too, and this is good.

I'm in North Carolina (by choice, not birth), travel a lot, have lived in the South, North, California (briefly) and Europe. Interests in media, politics, music, travel, geography, religions, linguistics and creative writing, but severely math disinclined, so don't start tossing budgetary numbers or stock dividend rates at me or I'll go right to sleep.

I named myself after one of my seminal influences. It's not unusual for me to start talking like him (fair warning) nor to engage in shameless puns. All my typos are intenentional, and everything I write gonna be funky.

Cheers.

welcome.

Thanks y'all for those welcomes. And yes I do expect spanks as well as thanks, else it wouldn't be debate :eusa_angel:

But speaking of thanks, that's one thing I have not figured out and can't find an FAQ on -- I keep seeing "Thanks: 0" and "Thanked 4 times in 3 threads" by my name. I have yet to figure out what that means, how to work with it, or if I'm supposed to work with it at all. If anyone can direct me to where this is spelled out you could save me a lot of sleuthing.

Uh... thanks.

I named myself after one of my seminal influences. It's not unusual for me to start talking like him...

You should fit right in...chuckles and welcomes.

I remember another guy, at another political message board, at another time and era, who used to talk like Pogo . . . . what the heck was his name? Anyone? In any event, I'm sure you're not him. You're not planning on hustling our chicks are you? He used to do a lot of that. But I digress.

Welcome! Are you a lib or a con? Regardless, jump on in and have fun. This place is addictive.

I remember another guy, at another political message board, at another time and era, who used to talk like Pogo . . . . what the heck was his name? Anyone? In any event, I'm sure you're not him. You're not planning on hustling our chicks are you? He used to do a lot of that. But I digress.

Welcome! Are you a lib or a con? Regardless, jump on in and have fun. This place is :eusa_dance:

Cheeeks? You have cheeeks here mon? Where are they, these cheeeks?

I'm neither. I'm a label destroyer.

Enough of that. Where are de cheeeks? :eusa_dance:

Welcome! Are you a lib or a con? Regardless, jump on in and have fun. This place is :eusa_dance:

Cheeeks? You have cheeeks here mon? Where are they, these cheeeks?

I'm neither. I'm a label destroyer.

Enough of that. Where are de cheeeks? :eusa_dance:

Oh, God . . . what have I unleashed here . . . ?

Thanks again to all you welcomers, and the Welcome Rep (I still don't know how to send thanks back for Rep- there's a lot to figure out here).

I'm finding two weeks in (three?) that I've had to engage the Ignore list against trolls. I'm finding a popular tactic for them is to just deny what's written right there on the page and even gang up in denial of what's right in front of one. That's kind of pathetic and it's making me wonder if it's worth continuing here. You can't argue with outright denial.

Been a tough day on the boards in this way, and on my birthday no less. But thanks again for those of you who are actually here for rational debate. I'm finding that two or three weeks is the time to start thinning the herd. Wondering if that's about normal or is it just me.
:confused:

Thanks again to all you welcomers, and the Welcome Rep (I still don't know how to send thanks back for Rep- there's a lot to figure out here).

I'm finding two weeks in (three?) that I've had to engage the Ignore list against trolls. I'm finding a popular tactic for them is to just deny what's written right there on the page and even gang up in denial of what's right in front of one. That's kind of pathetic and it's making me wonder if it's worth continuing here. You can't argue with outright denial.

Been a tough day on the boards in this way, and on my birthday no less. But thanks again for those of you who are actually here for rational debate. I'm finding that two or three weeks is the time to start thinning the herd. Wondering if that's about normal or is it just me.
:confused:

Well, I can help you with the rep part. There's two ways to thank for rep. You can go under quick links, edit options, and set it to get a PM if you get rep-then you can respond and say thanks. Or you can go to User CP, click on the name of the person who repped you and send them a visitor message saying thanks.

If someone has their account set to not receive VM's or PM's except those on their friends list, you won't be able to thank them but they know this.

Last edited:

Cheers.

Greetings!

If you're the same Pogo, I remember you from several sites and I always used Dubya or Gary as my name and Bush with the phone upside down as an avatar. For some reason, the avatar isn't coming up right now, but I'll figure out why. It's not important at the moment.

Cheers.

Greetings!

If you're the same Pogo, I remember you from several sites and I always used Dubya or Gary as my name and Bush with the phone upside down as an avatar. For some reason, the avatar isn't coming up right now, but I'll figure out why. It's not important at the moment.

I'm afraid I'm not, never used this name until I signed on this month, but hey anyway :)

Forum List

Back