HIV Breakthrough?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
AIDS Breakthrough: Gel Helps Prevent Infection - ABC News

First of all, why is this only being Tested on Heterosexuals?... Is it Proven Useless with Homosexuals?...

And this Dishonest Line from the Story:

In the U.S., nearly a third of new infections each year are among heterosexuals, he noted.

^That "nearly a third" includes IV Drug Use, which is #2 to Homosexual Sex...

This gel would be Patently USELESS for those People...

Also, the CDC Qualifies "Heterosexual" HIV Transmission as "High Risk", because they are either with Bisexual Men or with IV Drug Users in Many of the Cases.

Anyway, it's Interesting that this gel seems to only be being Tested on Heterosexuals...

This is also Interesting:

The study tested the gel in 889 heterosexual women in and near Durban, South Africa. Researchers had no information on the women's partners, but the women were heterosexual and, in general, not in a high-risk group, such as prostitutes.

If 1 in 3 Females are Infected in Africa by Age 20... Aren't ALL Females Inherently "High Risk" in that Country?

Maybe I'm Missing something.

:)

peace...

Here's another Concern:

The gel, spiked with the AIDS drug tenofovir, cut the risk of HIV infection by 50 percent after one year of use and 39 percent after 2 1/2 years, compared to a gel that contained no medicine.

^One would Assume that it Continues to Decline with Time...

I wonder what that Stat Looks like after 5 years?... With HIV Treatment as it is, how about 10 years?...

It's beyond me that ANYONE willing to take Part in an HIV Study with gels of Questionable Consequence wouldn't be Willing to use a Fucking Condom...

Third World or not.

peace...

What they really need is just regular old doctors and hygiene. The reason their infection rate is so high is because of vaginal sores and things like that.

I think you summed it up perfectly right here.

Excellent Contribution... :doubt:

Any Particular why you are Fixated on me this Fine Day?... :lol:

peace...

You're just the latest person on this site to post insane rambling threads who thinks everyone is out to get you, the president hates you, the country is going to hell, and everything is a conspiracy.

How many of my Threads have you Posted on this Morning, Fuckknuckle?... :lol:

peace...

I have a great cure.... throw the missionaries to the lions and use condoms

AIDS Breakthrough: Gel Helps Prevent Infection - ABC News

First of all, why is this only being Tested on Heterosexuals?... Is it Proven Useless with Homosexuals?...

And this Dishonest Line from the Story:

In the U.S., nearly a third of new infections each year are among heterosexuals, he noted.

^That "nearly a third" includes IV Drug Use, which is #2 to Homosexual Sex...

This gel would be Patently USELESS for those People...

Also, the CDC Qualifies "Heterosexual" HIV Transmission as "High Risk", because they are either with Bisexual Men or with IV Drug Users in Many of the Cases.

Anyway, it's Interesting that this gel seems to only be being Tested on Heterosexuals...

This is also Interesting:

The study tested the gel in 889 heterosexual women in and near Durban, South Africa. Researchers had no information on the women's partners, but the women were heterosexual and, in general, not in a high-risk group, such as prostitutes.

If 1 in 3 Females are Infected in Africa by Age 20... Aren't ALL Females Inherently "High Risk" in that Country?

Maybe I'm Missing something.

peace...

it is a vaginal gel, i doubt many male homosexuals would be drawn to that.

Forum List

Back