Hiv bombs

tsalkonocii

Rookie
Jun 11, 2010
Hypodermic syringes are hidden below the surface pointing upwards to prick bomb squad experts as they hunt for devices. The heroin needles are feared to be contaminated with hepatitis and HIV. And if the bomb goes off, the needles become deadly flying shrapnel.

The tactic, used in the Afghan badlands of Helmand, was exposed by Tory MP and ex-Army officer Patrick Mercer. Senior backbencher Mr Mercer said yesterday: "Are there no depths to which these people will stoop? This is the definition of a dirty war."
Razor blades are also being used.

Read more: Taliban using HIV bombs | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

Taliban using HIV bombs | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

The virus that causes HIV/AIDS cannot survive outside the human body. This is ridiculous. If it is really happening, it's a scare tactic.

From the Centers for Disease Control:

Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. To obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive for days or even weeks under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have shown that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the amount of infectious virus by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed–essentially zero. Incorrect interpretations of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have in some instances caused unnecessary alarm.

Results from laboratory studies should not be used to assess specific personal risk of infection because (1) the amount of virus studied is not found in human specimens or elsewhere in nature, and (2) no one has been identified as infected with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface. Additionally, HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV Transmission | Questions and Answers | CDC HIV/AIDS

There has NEVER been a case of HIV infection from an environmental cause.

Is there no limit to the depths these scum bastards will sink to! The taliban are now burying dirty needles with their bombs in a bid to infect British troops with HIV!

Hypodermic syringes are hidden below the surface pointing upwards to prick bomb squad experts as they hunt for devices.

The heroin needles are feared to be contaminated with hepatitis and HIV. And if the bomb goes off, the needles become deadly flying shrapnel.

The tactic, used in the Afghan badlands of Helmand, was exposed by Tory MP and ex-Army officer Patrick Mercer.

Senior backbencher Mr Mercer said yesterday "Are there no depths to which these people will stoop? This is the definition of a dirty war."

Razor blades are also being used. All Royal Engineer and Royal Logistic Corps bomb search teams have been issued with protective Kevlar gloves.

MoD News - Taliban Use HIV Bombs

Christ onna cracker -- twice in one day? The virus that causes HIV/AIDS cannot survive outside the body. If the Taliban is engaging in germ warfare, t'aint by using AIDS slathered needles.

Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. To obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive for days or even weeks under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have shown that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the amount of infectious virus by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed–essentially zero. Incorrect interpretations of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have in some instances caused unnecessary alarm.

Results from laboratory studies should not be used to assess specific personal risk of infection because (1) the amount of virus studied is not found in human specimens or elsewhere in nature, and (2) no one has been identified as infected with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface. Additionally, HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Colin, use your noodle. It's summer in the Middle East just as it is in Britian. How long do you think any virus would last in a place that can easily reach 120 degrees Farenheit in the shade?

Christ onna cracker -- twice in one day? The virus that causes HIV/AIDS cannot survive outside the body. If the Taliban is engaging in germ warfare, t'aint by using AIDS slathered needles.

Colin, use your noodle. It's summer in the Middle East just as it is in Britian. How long do you think any virus would last in a place that can easily reach 120 degrees Farenheit in the shade?

M-A-D-E-L-I-N-E !!!!! Shut The Fuck Up!!!!!!! Ollie is gettin ready TO USE NUKES...!!!:eek:

You are spoiling the atmosphere!!! Kneejerkyness requires a strict adhereation to the topic..regardless of the truth.

Is there no limit to the depths these scum bastards will sink to! The taliban are now burying dirty needles with their bombs in a bid to infect British troops with HIV!

Hypodermic syringes are hidden below the surface pointing upwards to prick bomb squad experts as they hunt for devices.

The heroin needles are feared to be contaminated with hepatitis and HIV. And if the bomb goes off, the needles become deadly flying shrapnel.

The tactic, used in the Afghan badlands of Helmand, was exposed by Tory MP and ex-Army officer Patrick Mercer.

Senior backbencher Mr Mercer said yesterday "Are there no depths to which these people will stoop? This is the definition of a dirty war."

Razor blades are also being used. All Royal Engineer and Royal Logistic Corps bomb search teams have been issued with protective Kevlar gloves.

MoD News - Taliban Use HIV Bombs

LMAO. Morons.

I am not sure about Hep, but HIV doesn't survive long in atmospheric oxygen let alone buried under the ground.

No idea Madeline. It's not a subject with which I'm familiar. Glad to hear it's no threat. Thank goodness the Taliban are stoneage arseholes!

No idea Madeline. It's not a subject with which I'm familiar. Glad to hear it's no threat. Thank goodness the Taliban are stoneage arseholes!

It's still a threat. Maybe not Aids, but lots of stuff can be on a dirty needle. That would survive. I'm not a medical person but please. a dirty needle is a dirty needle.

It's still a threat. Maybe not Aids, but lots of stuff can be on a dirty needle. That would survive. I'm not a medical person but please. a dirty needle is a dirty needle.

It's gross, but I have my doubts that any bloodbourne pathogen would be able to persist for very long on a needle. There is a reason they live in the blood.

Though I could be wrong and if anyone has any information to the contrary, I'd be happy to see it.

All the troops are vaccinated against Hep B, so I guess that leaves Hep C that I can think of to be worried about.

Nuke em Ollie! :eek: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey fuckwit? what do you think is in the dirt in a country with hardly any toilets? Where ya wipe your ass with your fingers... I would be more concerned who ya shook hands with than dirty needles.

SFC Ollie, as it happens, I believe that our soldiers have been exposed to germ warfare before. But I don't happen to think this mode of introducing it poses a grave threat.

I'm a bit more concerned about gases they probably can't see. And yes, germ warfare is especially depraved IMO.

SFC Ollie, as it happens, I believe that our soldiers have been exposed to germ warfare before. But I don't happen to think this mode of introducing it poses a grave threat.

I'm a bit more concerned about gases they probably can't see. And yes, germ warfare is especially depraved IMO.

The nastiest thing about Afghanistan is pulling into a city and racking out for the night outside of the city and trying to find a place to lay down that doesn't have a land mine in the way.

By "land mine" I don't mind the explosive type.

Afghanis crap everywhere.

Forum List

Back