Hitman, More Than The Title Implies

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
I like "pyschodrama" and intrigue; action to me is ok as long as it's reasonably possible. I just caught "HITMAN" on HBO, and it kept me on the edge of my couch, straining to catch every nuance. It's a 2007 film based on the video game series with the same title. For me there is a strict requirement that the action fit into the realm of physical reality, and except for two perhaps three instances which stretched the bounds of human abilities, it did that. They weren't too blatant, and I reminded myself that this was a film based on a video game series, which mitigates them, because it's made for a broader audience than just critics like me.

There is a very well staged bit of two handed "swordplay" between agent "47" and three other 'hit-men' all of which were conveniently carrying long-knives, which was a stretch, but that strange liberty was soon dismissed for the high quality of the action.

The stars are Timothy Olyphant and Dougray Scott. I DVR'd it and have watched it for the third time in 24 hours. I think I've now had enough to move on. It only got 2 or 2-1/2 stars but I'd give it 4+. Sex, violence, and the F-word but its inclusion in normal useage; The theme music is superb!

Hitman Wiki
Hitman Preview

Last edited:

Forum List

Back