Hitler's Lebensborn :- whatever happened to them?

"It's conceivable, of course, that Mengele could have murdered inmates, although camp officials who committed such crimes risked severe punishment. For example, the Buchenwald camp physician, Dr. Waldemar Hoven, was sentenced to death by an SS court for murdering inmates there.

Nationally syndicated columnist Jeffrey Hart told readers that he doubted many of the "monster Mengele" stories being peddled in the mass media. "... As a professional historian, I would urge some caution about many of the anecdotes that are being routinely accepted as fact," wrote Hart. "My own historical hunch is that much of this kind of thing is mythology, concocted as a kind of metaphor ... I doubt the story that he killed a women by crushing her throat with his boot. It will be a long time before scholars sift the fact from the fiction about Mengele." (The Washington Times, July 9, 1985)."

"The stock allegation that Mengele "sent 400,000 Jews to the Auschwitz gas chambers" is a falsehood based in part on misrepresentation. It is true that, along with other camp physicians, Mengele routinely selected persons who were capable of working from among the transports of new arrivals to the camp. Holocaust writers maintain that all Jews arriving at Auschwitz who could not work were immediately killed in gas chambers. The 400,000 figure is simply a conjectural estimate of the number of unemployable Jews who arrived at Birkenau in 1943 and 1944 while Mengele was the chief physician there.

Actually, large numbers of unemployable Jews were admitted to the camp and interned there. Consistent with other evidence, official German records show that a very high proportion of Birkenau's overwhelmingly Jewish population in 1943 and 1944 was unable to work. (See: G. Reitlinger, The Final Solution, p. 125, and, A. Butz, Hoax, p. 124)."

Lessons of the Mengele Affair
It is certainly noteworthy that you have gone out of your way to defend a monster like Mengele. I say, once again , that the victims who survived are the best witnesses against him. It is unfortunate that he died without ever having to answer for his crimes

Last edited:
"It's conceivable, of course, that Mengele could have murdered inmates, although camp officials who committed such crimes risked severe punishment. For example, the Buchenwald camp physician, Dr. Waldemar Hoven, was sentenced to death by an SS court for murdering inmates there.

Nationally syndicated columnist Jeffrey Hart told readers that he doubted many of the "monster Mengele" stories being peddled in the mass media. "... As a professional historian, I would urge some caution about many of the anecdotes that are being routinely accepted as fact," wrote Hart. "My own historical hunch is that much of this kind of thing is mythology, concocted as a kind of metaphor ... I doubt the story that he killed a women by crushing her throat with his boot. It will be a long time before scholars sift the fact from the fiction about Mengele." (The Washington Times, July 9, 1985)."

For the record, I will correct you on your factual error citing Dr. Waldemar Hoven being sentenced to death for murdering inmates.. He was sentenced to death because he was accused of trying to murder an SS officer who was chief witness in a case involving Hoven's lover. Nevertheless, due to a shortage of doctors, Hoven was freed.

I doubt if there would any any genetic predisposition toward violence and Nazism among the Hitler babies but it would be interesting to track them down and it would make a hell of a documentary.

I doubt if there would any any genetic predisposition toward violence and Nazism among the Hitler babies but it would be interesting to track them down and it would make a hell of a documentary.
Did you visit that link I posted in the op? It is a report of sorts on those aging "super" humans.
But, yes,I agree! Even though they experienced intensive Nazi indoctrination during adolescence they apparently came to grips with reality and led normal,albeit sheltered lives.

I Wonder if they mated with Germans other than those like themselves. Perhaps the Lebensborn
Children and their mission isn't over. At least from the viewpoint of a Nazi geneticist.

"The stock allegation that Mengele "sent 400,000 Jews to the Auschwitz gas chambers" is a falsehood based in part on misrepresentation. It is true that, along with other camp physicians, Mengele routinely selected persons who were capable of working from among the transports of new arrivals to the camp. Holocaust writers maintain that all Jews arriving at Auschwitz who could not work were immediately killed in gas chambers. The 400,000 figure is simply a conjectural estimate of the number of unemployable Jews who arrived at Birkenau in 1943 and 1944 while Mengele was the chief physician there.

Actually, large numbers of unemployable Jews were admitted to the camp and interned there. Consistent with other evidence, official German records show that a very high proportion of Birkenau's overwhelmingly Jewish population in 1943 and 1944 was unable to work. (See: G. Reitlinger, The Final Solution, p. 125, and, A. Butz, Hoax, p. 124)."

Lessons of the Mengele Affair
It is certainly noteworthy that you have gone out of your way to defend a monster like Mengele. I say, once again , that the victims who survived are the best witnesses against him. It is unfortunate that he died without ever having to answer for his crimes

It is noteworthy from your reply that you have a completely closed mind and don't even read whats in front of you.

"...large numbers of unemployable Jews were admitted to the camp and interned there. Consistent with other evidence, official German records show that a very high proportion of Birkenau's overwhelmingly Jewish population in 1943 and 1944 was unable to work. (See: G. Reitlinger, The Final Solution, p. 125, and, A. Butz, Hoax, p. 124)."

Mengele was innocent before the law and did not have the benefit of a trial. Of course any trial would have been heavily biased against him and he would have been hung, there's no doubt about that. He was quite right to save his own life and flee to SA.

The witnesses have been known to lie and tell ridiculous fairy stories about Mengele and others, outrageous nonsense has been spoken about him and that is the simple truth.

Forum List

Back