Hitler was a dedicated Christian

Well......they are also one of the most exclusive, arrogant and inbred thinking groups currently in America.

But, only said it that way because of the reflections that the "party of no" has cast upon themselves.

The Lost Gospel of Thomas isn't in the Bible (maybe that was why it's called lost) :lol:

Iran wasn't in the allied camp. So what?

That's just one country out of approximately 70 Muslim countries.

Wow ABikerStupid, you are really grasping for anything to back up your idiotic statements

You know, I think that if I see something really stupid from now on, I'm not going to call it "Bush Jr. Stupid", I'm gonna call it "Sunnidiot Stupid".

Not my fault you ignore and revise history. I'm also willing to bet you're a member of the GOP as well.
Wrong again ABikerStupid

I couldn't stand Bush or Cheney or any of the neocon pukes.

I voted for Obama :eusa_angel:

In 1925, Reza Khan overthrew the weakening Qajar Dynasty and became Shah. Reza Shah initiated industrialization, railroad construction, and the establishment of a national education system. Reza Shah sought to balance Russian and British influence, but when World War II started, his nascent ties to Germany alarmed Britain and Russia. In 1941, Britain and the USSR invaded Iran to use Iranian railroad capacity during World War II. The Shah was forced to abdicate in favour of his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, your response to Iran and Nazi Germany?

Hitler was a nationalist and a patriot.
I only wish we had politicians as dedicated to our country as he was to his.
Hitler was from Austria, not Germany. So how could he be a German Nationalist?
Hitler loved Germany and felt that Austria and Germany should be one country.
As soon as he took over he absorbed Austria into Germany.
So it was OK for Hitler to Annex Austria and violate the Terms of the Treaty of Versailes because he "Felt" Austria and Germany should be one?

Is that what you're saying?

And BikerSailor already punked you on the lost book of Thomas. "Lost" doesn't just mean it was left out, it means it was just re-discovered. The St. Thomas book was rediscovered in the 1800's so of course it wasn't included in any version of the Holy Bible.

SunniMan Strategy = Tell a little truth with many lies.

And BikerSailor already punked you on the lost book of Thomas. "Lost" doesn't just mean it was left out, it means it was just re-discovered. The St. Thomas book was rediscovered in the 1800's so of course it wasn't included in any version of the Holy Bible.
Most bible scholars agree that the so called Lost Book of Thomas is a fraud and was written long after the bible was complied.

So it was OK for Hitler to Annex Austria and violate the Terms of the Treaty of Versailes because he "Felt" Austria and Germany should be one?

Is that what you're saying?
Why should I know or care if Hitler's annexation of Austria was OK :confused:

It's what he did.

Gospel of St. Thomas - What Is It?
The "Gospel of St. Thomas" is a collection of teachings that some attribute to Jesus of Nazareth. Portions of Greek versions of the text were found at Oxyrhynchus, Egypt in the late 1800's. A complete version in Coptic (an Egyptian language derived from the Greek alphabet) was found at Nag Hammadi, Egypt in 1945. The complete text has been dated to about 340 AD, while some of the Greek fragments have been dated as far back as 140 AD.

Gospel of St. Thomas - Who Wrote It?
Scholars aren't sure who wrote the Gospel of St. Thomas. The first lines of the text refer to "didymos Judas thomas" as the author. The word "didymos" is Greek for twin and the word "thomas" is Aramaic for twin. It appears the author's name was Judas, and his nickname was "the twin" (set forth in two languages). The canonical Gospels of the Holy Bible mention a man named Thomas, who John called "didymos thomas." There are also several people named Judas mentioned in the New Testament other than the well-known Judas Iscariot. There is no mention of a Judas in the New Testament who was also nicknamed Thomas, "the twin."

Gospel of St. Thomas - What Does It Say?
The Gospel of St. Thomas declares that the Kingdom of God exists upon the earth today if people just open their eyes. There is "divine light" within all of us, which allows us to see the Kingdom of God in our physical surroundings.
Gospel Of St. Thomas

Well......they are also one of the most exclusive, arrogant and inbred thinking groups currently in America.

But, only said it that way because of the reflections that the "party of no" has cast upon themselves.

How does one "join" the GOP?

Most bible scholars agree that the so called Lost Book of Thomas is a fraud and was written long after the bible was complied.

Those who argue that Thomas dates from the first century use a variety of arguments:

Independence from Synoptic Gospels
Stevan L. Davies argues that the apparent independence of the ordering of sayings in Thomas from that of their parallels in the synoptics shows that Thomas was most likely not reliant upon the canonical Gospels and probably predated them.[20] A number of authors argue that when the logia in Thomas do have parallels in the synoptics the version in Thomas often seems closer to the source. Theissen and Merz give sayings 31 and 65 as examples of this.[19] Similarly Earl Doherty argues that when the Gospel of Thomas does parallel Q or the New Testament, it shows a less developed, more "primitive" or "original" form than the latter. [1] Koester agrees, citing especially the parables contained in sayings 8, 9, 57, 63, 64 and 65.[4] In the few instances where the version in Thomas seems to be dependent on the Synoptics, Koester suggests, this may be due to the influence of the person who translated the text from Greek into Coptic.[4]

Koester also argues that the absence of narrative materials (such as those found in the canonical gospels) in Thomas makes it unlikely that the gospel is "an eclectic excerpt from the gospels of the New Testament". [4] He also cites the absence of the eschatological sayings characteristic of Q to show the independence of Thomas from that source.[4] On the other hand, many other scholars have argued for a direct or indirect dependence on the Synoptics, or on a harmony of Luke and Matthew. [21](See also below under "Late camp").

[edit] Independence from John's gospel
Another argument for the early date (originally brought forward as the central argument of Elaine Pagels' book Beyond Belief The Secret Gospel of Thomas) is that there seems to be conflict between the Gospel of John and the Gospel of Thomas. Certain passages in the Gospel of John can only be understood in light of a community whose beliefs were based on the theological teachings of the Gospel of Thomas. For example, Pagels mentions John’s repeated references to the inability of the world to recognize the divine light (Jn 1:5, 1:10), John’s insistence on the uniqueness of Jesus as the "only begotten" son, and the "I am" sayings (especially, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the father except through me," addressed pointedly to Thomas in Jn 14:6). These passages contrast with Thomas’ idea that the divine light dwells within all beings and is accessible to all who seek it (e.g., G. Thomas, logion 24, 77), and that salvation was gained through the experience of discovery of the meaning of Jesus’ teaching (G. Thomas, logion 1). John is the only one of the Canonical Gospels that gives Thomas a speaking part, indicating respect for the Thomas community. This respect is because the Gospel of John and the Gospel of Thomas are theologically similar in so many other respects. In the story of Doubting Thomas (Jn. 20:26-29), however, the Johannine Community is theologically rebutting the Thomas community. The Johannine Community believes in a bodily resurrection; Thomas community believes in a spiritual resurrection and completely rejects a bodily resurrection. So when John has Thomas physically touch the risen Jesus and acknowledge his bodily nature, "he shows Thomas giving up his search for experiential truth – his 'unbelief' – to confess what John sees as the truth...." (Pagels, pp. 66–73). Pagel's interpretation of John thus requires that a Thomas community existed when John's Gospel was written.
Gospel of Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Hitler was a nationalist and a patriot.

I only wish we had politicians as dedicated to our country as he was to his.

Hitler was a politician. He knew how to use nationalism, patriotism, racism, religion, etc. to his best benefit toward one cause...his. The master Aryan race wasn't necessarily his idea but he used it to full effect and rallied a defeated and humiliated nation into believing that they were superior and deserved to in charge and running the world. He waved the flag, called on dead hero's and invoked God's name when he needed to and served his purpose. He did his work amazingly well but ulitmately destroyed everything he touched.
That, my friend, is the very essence of evil. It sucks you in with things that sound good and feel right; it justifies your very existence and gives your life meaning it didn't have before, then leaves you to pay the price for its selfish arrogance. Any of this sound familiar? It's everywhere and no less so in Islam, Judiasm, Christianity, etc., etc.
Religion belongs in the heart, it has no place in government.

A real Christian wouldn't have done what Hitler did. I heard a rumor he was a follower of Mohammed (the pedophile "prophet") and just pretended to be Christian to bamboozle his citizens.

Remember that he had some hot sex thing going with his underage niece...following in Mohammed's footsteps.
I realize you are not so much expressing your own innate bigotry as trying to bait SunniMan, but by your standards quite a lot of the Catholic clergy, past and present, wasn't or isn't Christian either. Think of the Inquisition, the recent pedophile priest scandals and various other heinous acts committed by people considered to be Christians.

A real Christian wouldn't have done what Hitler did. I heard a rumor he was a follower of Mohammed (the pedophile "prophet") and just pretended to be Christian to bamboozle his citizens.

Remember that he had some hot sex thing going with his underage niece...following in Mohammed's footsteps.

I agree that a true Christian would not do those things. That is why I find it hard to believe that he was a Christian. However, who knows that he didn't actually believe that he was doing the right thing. Satan can appear as an angel of light.

Would I be surprised to enter the gates of Heaven and see the resurrected body of Hitler? Yes.

Would it bother me to do so? Nope, but then I have often said the ultimate victory for Christ would be to have Satan enter heaven as a repentant sinner when all is said and done.

Immie
huh...it's stuff like that that made me flee from the Catholic church, no offense. I can't imagine a place where Hitler could repent enough to get into heaven.
Stuff like that made you flee the Catholic Church?
I can think of plenty of things that would make me flee the Catholic Church but the ideals of forgiveness and all encompassing love that Immie is expressing and what also seems to me to be the one of the purer aspects of Christianity don't seem to me like things to flee from.

First off.......Sunnidiot is a person who WAS a christian, but had a crisis of faith, and then converted over to IsLAME.

Second.......Hitler had VERY strong alliances with Iran during WWII. Not only was he NOT a Christian, he was also into Aryan mythology, Vagner, and liked to collect occult items.

And, FWIW, the Christian concept of Hell is way off what the Torah says about it. It's actually a place (of fire), which is there for the cleansing of your soul from sin so that you CAN GET INTO HEAVEN!

The Lost Gospel of Thomas also speaks of this, because when the Angel took Thomas on a tour of Hell, Thomas asked if everyone stayed here forever, and was answered with no, eventually everyone gets out.

Expect to see Hitler there when you cross through...........

Besides, considering that it states our soul is a small piece of God (Buddhists believe this as well), which He carved off of Himself with the blade of self will and placed into the embryo that was created by your parents.

No single person can be God. However, we are all a small piece of Him. Kinda like a toe or a finger, or a hair isn't you per se, but it IS a part of you.

Now........with that being said........would you willingly throw away a piece of yourself if you didn't have to? God won't either, so, yeah........eventually everyone will get out of Hell.

Oh yeah......the Christians should also note that all the gays, as well as a lot of other people that they don't like will be up there with them as well!
Does this mean you are going to be willing to share heaven with Muslims too?

Hitler took Jesus to heart when he said:

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 [Baynes]

There have been and still are many false converts. True Christians prove themselves by their actions, not speeches. The murder of innocent people (Jews), by default, makes Hitler a false Christian, as that did not follow the teachings of Christ no matter how impressive that quote seems to you.

Forum List

Back