Hitler Has More Staying Power Than Lee

Nothing wrong with removing statues of slavers.

"slavers" ? Like George Washington?
I don't recall the revolution being fought to maintain slavery.

I used to be taught that the civil war was fought for many reasons.
I kinda doubt that everyone who fought that war did so to maintain
slavery
The official reason for the war was to maintain slavery as far as the southern losers were concerned. Personal objectives are not a reason overlooking the official reason.

who declared the "OFFICIAL REASON" ?
The southern loser states in many historical documents.

Nothing wrong with removing statues of slavers.

Yep him too.

Aristotle?
Aristotle was Greek and never lived in the US so why did you bring him up?
\

He may have owned a slave. ----Alexander the great? Julius Ceasar.......
Youre deflecting. We are talking about Americans not people that were centuries dead when the US was formed.

Yep him too.

Aristotle?
Aristotle was Greek and never lived in the US so why did you bring him up?
\

He may have owned a slave. ----Alexander the great? Julius Ceasar.......
Youre deflecting. We are talking about Americans not people that were centuries dead when the US was formed.

oh

Imma slave to my vices, does that count?
Let the confederates stay, hell, they need to be reminded what they lost..

Why would any american figure he/she gets anything to say about what goes down in Germany?
To Fenton Lum: From the same place every parasite freak in the world gets to mouth off about this country.
Where is Hitler on display at in Berlin?
To Asclepias: Lighten up. Get with the premise.
I see every reason. Thats why they are getting torn down.
To Asclepias: They are being torn down to appease every envious loser who were never slaves. Ninety-nine percent of the mouths are not even descended from slaves. Most of the true descendants are doing real well at the public trough today.
To TheOldSchool: Nor was it fought to abolish slavery (cheap labor). It was fought for INDEPENDENCE —— the very thing you and your kind would surrender to global government in a heartbeat.
The official reason for the war was to maintain slavery as far as the southern losers were concerned. Personal objectives are not a reason overlooking the official reason.
To Asclepias: Wrong again.

The fact is that Lincoln saw the Constitution impeding his will. Naturally, the Civil War would have been unnecessary had the South surrendered their Rights instead of defending them.​

Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech, "It is poetry not logic; beauty, not sense." Lincoln said that the soldiers sacrificed their lives "to the cause of self-determination -- government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth."

Mencken says: "It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves."​

The Real Lincoln
Walter E. Williams | Mar 27, 2002

Walter E. Williams - The Real Lincoln

Why would any american figure he/she gets anything to say about what goes down in Germany?
To Fenton Lum: From the same place every parasite freak in the world gets to mouth off about this country.
Where is Hitler on display at in Berlin?
To Asclepias: Lighten up. Get with the premise.
I see every reason. Thats why they are getting torn down.
To Asclepias: They are being torn down to appease every envious loser who were never slaves. Ninety-nine percent of the mouths are not even descended from slaves. Most of the true descendants are doing real well at the public trough today.
To TheOldSchool: Nor was it fought to abolish slavery (cheap labor). It was fought for INDEPENDENCE —— the very thing you and your kind would surrender to global government in a heartbeat.
To Asclepias: Wrong again.

The fact is that Lincoln saw the Constitution impeding his will. Naturally, the Civil War would have been unnecessary had the South surrendered their Rights instead of defending them.​

Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech, "It is poetry not logic; beauty, not sense." Lincoln said that the soldiers sacrificed their lives "to the cause of self-determination -- government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth."

Mencken says: "It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves."​

The Real Lincoln
Walter E. Williams | Mar 27, 2002

Walter E. Williams - The Real Lincoln
Hey stupid. The premise is where in the world do they honor the losers and traitors of a war against the country?

More stupidity and bad reading comprehension. The loser confederates stated in the articles of secession the war was over slavery. Are you really that stupid you dont realize Lincoln was with the north?

confederate_statues_new_orleans_56840_c0-233-5568-3479_s885x516.jpg

Protesters calling for the removal and the preservation of Confederate-era monuments face off in dueling demonstrations, Sunday, May 7, 2017, in New Orleans. Local media reported protesters from both sides showed up at a memorial honoring Confederate Gen. Robert E. ...
http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/med....jpg?9568f5f5f6044ba51ec7d024630fbd9c34c30ce5

Judge rejects request to halt removal of confederate statue in New Orleans
By Alex Swoyer
Monday, May 8, 2017

New Orleans confederate statue removal continues, Judge rules

Jeez, my little joke is coming true. As far as I know, der fuhrer is still on display in Berlin:

Poor ol’ Jeff Davis and Bobby Lee are being treated worse than Hitler. Remember this flap:​

images
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...cd42-1b28-45d0-81f3-bdb3fbd52cc3.grid-6x2.jpg

images
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...oggers/Hitler_at_Madams_Tussauds_London_4.jpg

Madame Tussauds in Berlin: Not All Are Pleased about Wax Hitler
Boris Becker will be there. Ludwig van Beethoven too. But just weeks before Madame Tussauds opens a new wax museum in Berlin, a planned figure of Adolf Hitler is generating some criticism.

Madame Tussauds in Berlin: Not All Are Pleased about Wax Hitler - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

All of the anger directed at the Confederate flag, statues, and symbols makes me think that Hitler has a better chance of rising again than does the south:​

XXXXX

robert-e-lee-statue.jpeg
https://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress....jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=768&h=432&crop=1

Robert E. Lee statue to be removed from Charlottesville park
Posted 8:03 am, February 7, 2017, by Scott Wise, Updated at 08:04AM, February 7, 2017

At least they could leave the horse:​

th

Traveller​
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.vX2xS4QbgbW-88fANilfqAEsDu&pid=Api&w=228&h=181

One Nut Erases History
So basically, your point is that if a wax museum puts up a figure of Jack the Ripper, it's the same as putting up a statue honoring Jack the Ripper in a park?

So basically, your point is that if a wax museum puts up a figure of Jack the Ripper, it's the same as putting up a statue honoring Jack the Ripper in a park?
To xyz: Exactly. It depends upon who honors it.

checentralparkresize%20comp.jpg

Che Guevara
http://www.americanthinker.com/legacy_assets/articles/old_root/checentralparkresize comp.jpg

On Friday November 21st, while strolling through Central Park's Doris C. FrChe in Central Parkeedman Plaza, Commentary Magazine's online editor Abe Greenwald noticed a statue and did a double take. "Is that...Che Guevara?"

Indeed! There was no mistaking it: a statue of "El Che" by German artist, Christian Jankowski. Upon investigating the matter, Abe Greenwald learned that, "the sculpture is not intended to depict Che Guevara," but rather a street performer from Barcelona's Las Ramblas who idolizes Che Guevara and makes a living mimimg him. "Which I'm sure makes all the difference in the world to the families of Che's victims," Mr Greenwald wisely adds. " There's no mistaking who that statue depicts."​

November 25, 2008
New York Honors Che Guevara with a Statue
By Humberto Fontova

Articles: New York Honors Che Guevara with a Statue

And let us not forget monuments.

I doubt if many men who fought for Communism in Spain are still alive, but I am pretty sure everyone who honors the Lincoln Brigade today are the same people who would erase this country’s history:

640_grafiti_014.jpg
http://www.indybay.org/uploads/2008/07/21/640_grafiti_014.jpg

Last weekend, the city, which voted in 2005 to ban military recruiters from public high schools and colleges, unveiled a memorial to fighting men and women in uniform. The uniforms they donned, however, were not those familiar to American soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines.

The city honored American Communists and their fellow travelers who fought in the Spanish Civil War of the late 1930s. The $400,000 monument, donated from private funds but hosted on public land, extends 40-feet long and eight feet high.

Media accounts of the tribute uniformly noted that members of what has become known as the Abraham Lincoln Brigade fought against Francisco Franco. But those reports were conspicuously silent about the man they fought for: Joseph Stalin. Similarly absent was the word “Communist,” a party with which roughly eighty percent of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade were officially affiliated.​

The Left’s Good Warriors
By Daniel J. Flynn on 4.4.08 @ 12:08AM

https://archive.fo/kcbj6

All these Confederate losers are on horses in these statues. How about remove the racist bung on the horse and leave the horse. The plaque could read "this poor horse, known to his contemporaries as Timmy, had to carry confederate knuckle-draggers against his will. Sound familiar? Said Timmy, "I was out in a field eating grass like I do every day in the morning and here comes this group of double-chins tromping through the grounds and they just grab me! Say they need good strong horses to do the hard work for them. Well I wasn't having it so I kicked 'ol green teeth right in the knee. They didn't like that and threw all these ropes over me and, well, here I am. Lee had this terrible tobacco habit and when he spit some of the spit got on my mane. Nasty man! One time near Gettysburg he comes storming out of his tent "where are my reading glasses" and 20 men went running around looking for toilet mouth's glasses. Well I had seen he dropped the glasses when he dismounted and I just reached over with my left hoof and crushed them! I heard he sent Picket up to the wrong point in the Union line and they were all massacred! Looked like leaves of grass falling over. You see, if they had just left me to eat my grass that morning none of this would have happened."

UPDATE

Keep an eye on this one when the politically-correct crowd gets to court:

Alabama Makes It Illegal to Remove Confederate Monuments
by Ryan Saavedra
27 May 2017

Alabama Makes It Illegal to Remove Confederate Monuments

Those Alabamians who want to preserve a piece of their state’s history should hire show-biz parasites who know how to prevent theater owners from demolishing their own property!

Just to be clear on this. Property Rights should overrule politically-correct horseshit every time.

I don't see any Hitler college but Washington & Lee university is as popular and important as ever.
To whitehall: It ain’t over yet. My title, said in jest, will become truth if you analyze the Democrat party’s motives. I can only hope that black Americans learn:

Why Democrats want you to forget the Confederacy
Posted By Joseph Farah On 05/28/2017 @ 5:41 pm

Why Democrats want you to forget the Confederacy

Put it back where it belongs:
My "Rewriting American History" column of a fortnight ago, about the dismantling of Confederate monuments, generated considerable mail. Some argued there should not be statues honoring traitors such as Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson and Jefferson Davis, who fought against the Union. Victors of wars get to write the history, and the history they write often does not reflect the facts. Let's look at some of the facts and ask: Did the South have a right to secede from the Union? If it did, we can't label Confederate generals as traitors.​

Aside from my personal hatred for President Lincoln, I always believed that Professor Williams’ interpretation of confederate generals and the Civil War is the correct version:

Confederate generals were fighting for independence from the Union just as George Washington and other generals fought for independence from Great Britain. Those who'd label Gen. Robert E. Lee as a traitor might also label George Washington as a traitor. I'm sure Great Britain's King George III would have agreed.​

Were Confederate Generals Traitors?
Walter E. Williams
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 12:01 AM

Were Confederate Generals Traitors?

Forum List

Back