Hitler didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't eat meat

A very unhappy dude.

No wonder he tried to take over the world.

Hitler was an amphetamine addict. He started getting "vitamin shots" early in his career.

That alone is enough to make people freaking crazy.

Plus he (and much of Europe military and civilian alike) suffered from PTSD from World War One.

A very unhappy dude.

Its called picking your vices. I have known several people like that...

Dont drink or smoke...and think they are the best people in the world. But they gamble and sleep around...:cuckoo:

A very unhappy dude.

Its called picking your vices. I have known several people like that...

Dont drink or smoke...and think they are the best people in the world. But they gamble and sleep around...:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0]YouTube - ‪Tears For Fears - "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" - ORIGINAL VIDEO‬‏[/ame]​

Could have had his fair share of the HOT Aryan German frauliens that were throwing them selves at his feet.

I remember using this on someone who was pushing vegetarianism on me. Listing all the great vegetarians.

BTW, Hitler was not a willing vegetarian.

And he did smoke for a long time. Like most anti tobacco nazis, he was an obnoxious former smoker.

And he was dry for a german value of dry. Not more than two beers a day. Which by German standards is dryer than Volsted.

This whole issue of Hitler and his positive things was the point of a long lecture in logic class my first year of College so very many years ago. Just because Hitler did it does not mean it was wrong, and the fact that Ghandi did it does not mean it is right.
It was a very interesting discussion on Ad Hominum arguments.

I remember using this on someone who was pushing vegetarianism on me. Listing all the great vegetarians.

And he did smoke for a long time. Like most anti tobacco nazis, he was an obnoxious former smoker.

And he was dry for a german value of dry. Not more than two beers a day. Which by German standards is dryer than Volsted.

This whole issue of Hitler and his positive things was the point of a long lecture in logic class my first year of College so very many years ago. Just because Hitler did it does not mean it was wrong, and the fact that Ghandi did it does not mean it is right.

I don't even drink 2 beers a day.

Hitler didn't drink alcohol. PERIOD.

I don't even drink 2 beers a day.

Hitler didn't drink alcohol. PERIOD.

Jesus Christ who gives a fuck? so because Hitler didn't drink he was a good person?:cuckoo:

Hitler could have almost been a Buddhist monk. Oops, there is the minor problem of murdering six million people.

Hitler could have almost been a Buddhist monk. Oops, there is the minor problem of murdering six million people.

the 6 million was only the jews...hes total is about 13 million i think.....

but snaps...peta should love him.

As a Liberal, I can admit the times when we are wrong.

Here is part of the letter Gandhi wrote to Winston Churchill on the 4th of July, 1940"I appeal for cessation of hostilities because war is bad in essence. You want to kill Nazism. Your soldiers are doing the same work of destruction as the Germans... I venture to present you with a nobler and a braver way worthy of the bravest soldiers. I want you to fight Nazism without arms or with non-violent arms. I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for having you or humanity. Invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions. Let them take possession of your beautiful island with your many beautiful buildings. You will give these but not your souls not your minds."

There were all kinds of narcotics widely available in the 30's throughout the world. Evidence indicates that Hitler had a Dr. Feelgood who supplied him with uppers and downers. Most of the Nazi leadership was stoned or drunk most of the time. Back at home it seems that FDR had a whole staff of medical people supplying him with whatever he needed while he smoked cigarettes openly like most of the citizens of that era.

There were all kinds of narcotics widely available in the 30's throughout the world. Evidence indicates that Hitler had a Dr. Feelgood who supplied him with uppers and downers. Most of the Nazi leadership was stoned or drunk most of the time. Back at home it seems that FDR had a whole staff of medical people supplying him with whatever he needed while he smoked cigarettes openly like most of the citizens of that era.
Roosevelt and Churchill consumed barrels of gin and plenty of tobacco between them. They were at war with Hitler, not his ally.

As a Liberal, I can admit the times when we are wrong.

Here is part of the letter Gandhi wrote to Winston Churchill on the 4th of July, 1940"I appeal for cessation of hostilities because war is bad in essence. You want to kill Nazism. Your soldiers are doing the same work of destruction as the Germans... I venture to present you with a nobler and a braver way worthy of the bravest soldiers. I want you to fight Nazism without arms or with non-violent arms. I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for having you or humanity. Invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions. Let them take possession of your beautiful island with your many beautiful buildings. You will give these but not your souls not your minds."

A noble sentiment, which would NOT have worked against Hitler (or Stalin, or Mao). Non-violent resistance only works in societies which are at least somewhat free and tolerant. A totalitarian society (or regime) would simply shoot the likes of Ghandi and his followers, or throw them behind the wire. There are three and only three ways to defeat a truly totalitarian regime: armed revolt from within, armed invasion from without, or the collapse that occurs when the regime can no longer support the armed force which defends it from the first two. The French monarchy succumbed to the first, Nazism to the second, and the Soviet Union to the last. This is why we do not entrust the defense of liberty to non-vioence-bullets and bayonets are messy, but far more reliable.

Forum List

Back