Hitler & Castro 'Brilliant' Men

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Aubrey O'Day Calls Hitler & Castro 'Brilliant' Men

Former Danity Kane member Aubrey O'Day caused a stir Monday night during a heated debate on FOX News' "The Sean Hannity Show," when she referred to both Fidel Castro and Adolf Hitler as "brilliant" men.

"As someone who has met [Castro]... I met him and worked with him while I was in Cuba. I'm not defending his behavior, but in many instances, but I do have to say, I will 100% agree, he's an incredibly brilliant man, he has outlived tons of our presidents," the singer - who visited Cuba during her Semester At Sea program - said on the conservative talk show.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Naw, Great Man does not mean that the guy (or gal) is great ethically. It means the guy or gal had tremendous impact on the world. Hitler and Castro (as well as Cheney), although all walking somewhere on the dark side of humanity, have had Great Effect of mankind.

Thus, they are Great Men.

Former Danity Kane member Aubrey O'Day caused a stir Monday night during a heated debate on FOX News' "The Sean Hannity Show," when she referred to both Fidel Castro and Adolf Hitler as "brilliant" men.

"As someone who has met [Castro]... I met him and worked with him while I was in Cuba. I'm not defending his behavior, but in many instances, but I do have to say, I will 100% agree, he's an incredibly brilliant man, he has outlived tons of our presidents," the singer - who visited Cuba during her Semester At Sea program - said on the conservative talk show.

I know who Castro is, but I don't know Danity Kane. Besides, who cares what she thinks? Is it a she?

Someone is angling for a position as an Obama Czar

Naw, Great Man does not mean that the guy (or gal) is great ethically. It means the guy or gal had tremendous impact on the world. Hitler and Castro (as well as Cheney), although all walking somewhere on the dark side of humanity, have had Great Effect of mankind.

"Tremendous impact" is your criteria for a "great man?" So I guess you'd also put someone like Jefferey Dawmer or Charles Manson on your "great man" list.

Are you for real, or do you say weird shit like that just as a joke?

The OP said "brilliant"---not great.

Hitler was so 'brilliant' he laid waste a continent, killed millions ended up dead and what he worked his life for is reviled and outlawed.

Castro is hardly 'brilliant,' he simply took advantage of the super powers of the cold war by playing one against the other, and it didn't benifit Cuba, which is still an impovrished place, who have suffered a lot from Castro sending cuban troops to Africa and south america at the bidding of the Soviets.

Hitler was certainly brilliant. He was also insane, which was fortunate, as he sunk himself with his own insanity. Someone can be brilliant and still be evil and psycho. I don't understand the big issue with what this person said?

Hitler was certainly brilliant. He was also insane, which was fortunate, as he sunk himself with his own insanity. Someone can be brilliant and still be evil and psycho. I don't understand the big issue with what this person said?

What really twists the noggin is if Hitler had died in early 1942 he would be considered to this day (by Germans) as the greatest leader of all time.

I don't know about that. Eventually, people would have found out about stuff that was going on that they didn't know about.

What really twists the noggin is if Hitler had died in early 1942 he would be considered to this day (by Germans) as the greatest leader of all time.

In 42?

No, he had already lost the war at that point.

38 maybe.

Not after the war started.

Yeah, that sounds more likely. But I think I'd be willing to trade an undeserved label of "great leader" for his having died in early '38.

In 42?

No, he had already lost the war at that point.

38 maybe.

Not after the war started.

Damn! (Brain fart) What I meant to say was early 41, before Barbarosa. Up to that point most Germans believed he was a miracle worker and most didn't start losing that perception until after Stalingrad. Many actually continued to believe in him until the end of the war. For them what it took was his death and the total destruction and occupation of Germany.

Forum List

Back