Hitler 1933, Ahmadinejad 2006

Kathianne said:
Excuse me, you were the one that said,

My reply was,

and your last reply, this post, makes no sense. Well other than your not being rational. :laugh:

I did---I said the US is doing more than anyone to stop Iran and I stand by it because the US have more invested in Israels' survival than anyone but Israel and they are unable to protect themselves. Sounds perfectly rational to me. Name me a country that is doing more to stop Iran than the US. I know that you think the process is taking too long but these things need to be thought out don't you think?

dilloduck said:
I did---I said the US is doing more than anyone to stop Iran and I stand by it because the US have more invested in Israels' survival than anyone but Israel and they are unable to protect themselves. Sounds perfectly rational to me. Name me a country that is doing more to stop Iran than the US. I know that you think the process is taking too long but these things need to be thought out don't you think?

I already said they are doing NO MORE than EU/UN. If you have links that show differently, I'll look at.

I would think cooler heads are better able to process "IT'S JUST LIKE HITLER!!!" hysterics. When I was in high school, I compared things I didn't like to Hitler and the Nazis, like the 7:30 a.m. start time for first class. But then you grow up.

Kathianne said:
I already said they are doing NO MORE than EU/UN. If you have links that show differently, I'll look at.

Sending 3 billion a year to Israel doesn't make Iran think twice about being turned into glass? The United States has stated "Iran in possession of nuclear weapons is unacceptable". Our invasion of Iraq has finally given that statement the credibility that it should have had years ago. Do you think that statement is seen in Iran as a bluff? I doubt it.

William Joyce said:
I would think cooler heads are better able to process "IT'S JUST LIKE HITLER!!!" hysterics. When I was in high school, I compared things I didn't like to Hitler and the Nazis, like the 7:30 a.m. start time for first class. But then you grow up.

Well there are comparisons and comparisons. Bush=Hitler, nah he's not charismatic enough.

In this case though, the analogy fits.

Yeah, this really is a great analogy to Hitler in 1939. Well, aside from Iran's lack of an industrial base like Germany, or their complete lack of the world's mightiest army like Germany had at the time, or nukes, or a means of delivering nukes, or a strong enough economy to support an army thousands of miles away. I'm sure Iranian troops will be marching through Paris and/or Tel Aviv any day now.

Every yapping tinpot dictator is a potential Hitler, and every insignificant conflict is France circa 1939, in the minds of neocons.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
Yeah, this really is a great analogy to Hitler in 1939. Well, aside from Iran's lack of an industrial base like Germany, or their complete lack of the world's mightiest army like Germany had at the time, or nukes, or a means of delivering nukes, or a strong enough economy to support an army thousands of miles away. I'm sure Iranian troops will be marching through Paris and/or Tel Aviv any day now.

Every yapping tinpot dictator is a potential Hitler, and every insignificant conflict is France circa 1939, in the minds of neocons.
In their sphere of Influence they surpass Germany of 1933. They are in much better financial shape than Germany was then also.

Kathianne said:
In their sphere of Influence they surpass Germany of 1933.

They have become pretty influential in the region largely due to the fact that we knocked off their two biggest rivals on their borders.

Kathianne said:
They are in much better financial shape than Germany was then also.

But we're talking about 1939 Germany, not 1933 Germany, after they threw off the shackles of the Versailles treaty, and all it's crushing taxes and restrictions on industry.

They are not in better financial shape than Germany was, relative to France, Britain, Russia, Czechoslovokia, Poland, etc.. Germany's economy was on par or above the rest of europe's. Iran's economy is not even remotely a match for Israel or europe. The best they could hope for would be to conquer a neighboring country, and even that is doubtful...seeing as how they could never beat Saddam in the 1980's.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
They have become pretty influential in the region largely due to the fact that we knocked off their two biggest rivals on their borders.

But we're talking about 1939 Germany, not 1933 Germany, after they threw off the shackles of the Versailles treaty, and all it's crushing taxes and restrictions on industry.

They are not in better financial shape than Germany was, relative to France, Britain, Russia, Czechoslovokia, Poland, etc.. Germany's economy was on par or above the rest of europe's. Iran's economy is not even remotely a match for Israel or europe. The best they could hope for would be to conquer a neighboring country, and even that is doubtful...seeing as how they could never beat Saddam in the 1980's.
No we weren't. You may be, but I'm only as far as 1933, perhaps more like 1924 when in jail writing Mein Kampf.

New Topics

Forum List

Back