Hitchcock's best film.

Lifeboat

Dial M for Murder

The Trouble with Harry

Rear Window

North by Northwest

Rope

Champagne

Okay, pretty much all of them. I like almost all of his work. I could do without Family Plot.

• Banned
Lifeboat

Dial M for Murder

The Trouble with Harry

Rear Window

North by Northwest

Rope

Champagne

Okay, pretty much all of them. I like almost all of his work. I could do without Family Plot.

Family plot was funny. I'd like to see Frenzy again. No psycho?

Lifeboat

Dial M for Murder

The Trouble with Harry

Rear Window

North by Northwest

Rope

Champagne

I saw Family Plot a LONG time ago, but I remember I wasn't too keen on it... may have to rent it again and see it over now that I've "matured"...lol

Lifeboat

Dial M for Murder

The Trouble with Harry

Rear Window

North by Northwest

Rope

Champagne

I liked Pyscho as well The Birds, I just like the ones listed better. Like I said, pretty much everything Hitchcock did is worthy of being put on a list of bests. His silent films are too often overlooked and Champagne is probably the best of those.

Last edited:
North by Northwest, going away.

To Catch a Thief is second.

Cary Grant kicks ass.

check out Notorious, then.
Notorious is great, especially the ending where Claude Raines gets to meet his co conspirators at the end.

Funny story about that. It was made during the war, and the production company called up the war time censor people to make sure Uranium had no military potential. They got a call back where it was explained at great length that Uranium was totally useless for anything. Which is why they used it. A Xantos Gilligan moment.

I also liked the first 80% of Rebecca. Hated the ending. I think Hitchcock did too, but they Hays office insisted.

I actually liked Family Plot. Bruce Dern was great.

Forum List

Back