History's top villians of Science

Josef Mengele was the number one villain of science.

Anyone know anyone worse?

Its hard to say who was worse but this guy:
Shirō Ishii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

was definitly quite a contender.
What is really shocking is that the US granted him immunity for handing over his research, he was apperantly employed at US facilities afterwards.

It was a pity that killing Chinese did not appear to be as bad as killing Jews, I do not mean to relativize the German crimes, I think there should have been more charges (I think there would have been more charges if the Nazis would have executed protestant White Americans, but nevermind), it is a shame that a guy like Hans Globke (Ko-author of the German race laws) could have one of the most important gouverment positions in west Germany.

ishi is a pretty bad guy, too. bummer he was never charged and tried. i think it's a shame that a lot of these guys were useful to us, so we closed our eyes and i tend to agree with you about what would have happened if they killed a bunch of protestant whites.

4) George Bush for his evangelical-based hostility to science, and for limiting stem cell research, climate science, and environmental science.

You may not like Bush, but its absurd to say he is a top villian of science because he limited stem cell research in the US for a couple years. Obama reversed all that and we are back on course now.

I would also point out that what Bush did only limited the research here, while the rest of the world was free to do whatever they wanted. Sorry, but Bush is not the son of Satan, hes not the next hitler, hes not the evil mastermind behind 9/11 and hes not a top villian of science.

Some people go so over the top with their hatred for political parties that differ for their own. Its childish, naive and pathetic. What a foolish thing to say.

Uh, William Jennings Bryant was a prominent and famous Democrat politician. I think I was pretty even-handed is dishing out abuse to politicians of both parties who are infamous for being hostile to science and enlightenment. :lol:

Bush did more damage to the nation's scientific prowess than holding up stem cell research. He promoted evangelical agenda, over science, he politicized the scientific process, he put political hacks in jobs that should be held by trained professionals, and he edited science reports to reflect his political and religious agenda.

I was being hyperobolic in including Bush, but there's isn't a single doubt in my mind that Bush did great damage to the integrity of the nation's scientific policy making institutions and core research. And he legitimized bullshit that has no business in science, like creationism and climate change denialism.

Jillian is right....in terms of pure evil, its hard to top medical professionals like Mengle. That was just pure evil. But hacks like Bush and Jennings have earned a place in the Hall of Shame, for people who have used their power to promote ignorance, and to hamper the progress of enlightenment and scientific achievement.

i will wonder this aloud...was anything ever gleened from the medical experiments of the nazis? did medical science refuse to even consider advancement from the experiments done by the nazis? what are the ethical issues of using something as horrible as this...to gain more information?

Science is neutral, it is what people do with it that constitutes evil.

Mengele is no worst than the racists who killed in all name of places. Nor any worst than child murderers or abusers of other kinds. He just had a better place to be evil in.

But consider the science of the atomic bomb is that a good thing. Were Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary! Or consider the science of poisons.

But back to first post.

Catholic Church did good and evil. Anyone have a scale for that?
Bryant was doing his job. If not him then a million others.
Tobacco like any drug is up to the user. Damn I loved a good smoke. - long ago.
Bush was too ideologically dumb to be evil.

@Strollingbones
Yes, some Nazi experiments concerning how Humans would react to low air pressure were used in Aerospace research.
This is one thing I do know.
There was also an experiment using "Fleckfieber" (no idea what it is in English, fairly dangerous disease) and testing vaccine on life subjects, some of the vaccines tested then are still in use.

4) George Bush for his evangelical-based hostility to science, and for limiting stem cell research, climate science, and environmental science.

You may not like Bush, but its absurd to say he is a top villian of science because he limited stem cell research in the US for a couple years. Obama reversed all that and we are back on course now.

I would also point out that what Bush did only limited the research here, while the rest of the world was free to do whatever they wanted. Sorry, but Bush is not the son of Satan, hes not the next hitler, hes not the evil mastermind behind 9/11 and hes not a top villian of science.

Some people go so over the top with their hatred for political parties that differ for their own. Its childish, naive and pathetic. What a foolish thing to say.

By the way, this is coming from a pro stem cell atheist.

Better scoot over to the confessional there sparky..quick likity split.

Bush changed the words on official scientifc reports to confirm his evagelical take on the global warming. Thats called lying. How many hail marys is that these days?

Confusing Bush with Gore and Obama ... :eusa_whistle:

Josef Mengele was the number one villain of science.

Anyone know anyone worse?
I'd put Joesph Stalin and Pol Pot right up there with him
they both had not only a lot of people killed, they also killed the scientists and the intelligentsia

Bush changed the words on official scientifc reports to confirm his evagelical take on the global warming. Thats called lying. How many hail marys is that these days?

For some reason Ol Elvis found this post objectionable enough to warrant a negative "rep"

I think it is clear why he has tried five times to neg rep me. I don't kiss jew ass.

Hey Elvis..go fuck yourself you worthless Israeli appologist and traitor.

For some reason Ol Elvis found this post objectionable enough to warrant a negative "rep"

I think it is clear why he has tried five times to neg rep me. I don't kiss jew ass.

Let's see kissing Jew ass and saying you wish Hitler had done a more thorough job...

what's between those two ideas? A FINE FUCKING LINE ASSHOLE!!!

edit: I neg repped you five times because you made five ridiculous posts.

Last edited:

maybe because it was so fucking stupid he had to neg rep it for the sake of the board

maybe because it was so fucking stupid he had to neg rep it for the sake of the board

Ya you can go fuck yourself too sparky.. I dive alone. I would never trust a moron like you to check my gear.

Almost evetrything you post is juvenile vomet. Your concern for "the board" is bullshit.

Ya you can go fuck yourself too sparky.. I dive alone. I would never trust a moron like you to check my gear.

Almost evetrything you post is juvenile vomet. Your concern for "the board" is bullshit.
you better not dive alone, your moronic drivel tells me you would not be a responsible diver

kinda of the way its childish,naive and pathetic on your part to ignore facts that 9/11 was an inside job by the Bush administration just because your afraid of the truth.:rolleyes: also many presidents have committed autrocities that rival hitlers.Not Just Bush.Clinton and Nixon are right up there with Bush and his dad that have done just that.You just never hear about them being reported from the corporate controlled media you worship as truth.oh and Bush is just a puppet for the elite,He himself didnt mastermind and plan it all,for ONCE your right about something.Cheney was more involved in that then he was.

Last edited:
dr-evil.jpg

Let's see kissing Jew ass and saying you wish Hitler had done a more thorough job...

what's between those two ideas? A FINE FUCKING LINE ASSHOLE!!!

edit: I neg repped you five times because you made five ridiculous posts.

No you neg rep me because you have a jew dick up your ass and don't like being exposed.

You traitors squeel the loudest when your REAL countries ( Israel ), policy of infiltrating the government of the United States is brought to light.

It is shitbags like you and elvis that make me wish Hitler had done a more thorough job. Don't hide behind the holocaust sport that comment is directed specifically at you and those that spawned you.

you better not dive alone, your moronic drivel tells me you would not be a responsible diver

Naui since 72. I've managed to survive this long without your help.

you dive alone?
i didnt know NAUI taught that

you dive alone?
i didnt know NAUI taught that

I took the course so I could get air. Try getting air without a naui or padi card.

Diving alone is no more dangerous than flying alone.

That "sharing the air" makes good tv but in reality if you have a serious problem at 90 feet you are going to die with or without a witness.

Forum List

Back