History textbooks promoting Islam

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
"Many political and religious groups try to use the textbook process to their advantage, but the deficiencies in Islam-related lessons are uniquely disturbing. History textbooks present an incomplete and confected view of Islam that misrepresents its foundations and challenges to international security."

"It makes an attempt to seem like an egalitarian world history book, but on closer inspection you find that seven (not all are titled so) of the chapters deal with Islam or Muslim subjects,"

"The upsetting part is not only do they go into the history (which would be acceptable) but also the teaching of Islam," she said. "This book does not really go into Christianity or the teachings of Christ, nor does it address religious doctrine elsewhere to the degree it does Islam."

She said the book's one page referencing Jews "is only to convey that they were tortured by Crusaders to get them to convert to 'Christianity.' (It fails to mention that the biggest persecutors of Jews throughout history and still today are Arab Muslims). It gives four other one-liner references to the Jews being blamed for the plagues and problems in the land. It does not talk about the Jews as making a significant impact on the culture at large."

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63872

vewyafwaid.gif

My favorite parts:

In a passage meant to explain jihad, they encountered this: 'Muslims should fulfill jihad with the heart, tongue, and hand. Muslims use the heart in their struggle to resist evil. The tongue may convince others to take up worthy causes, such as funding medical research. Hands may perform good works and correct wrongs,'" the new report said.

Among the lessons public school students must learn from the various books:

Muhammad "taught equality"

The books' praises of Islam continues, the report said. "TCI devotes 13 text-heavy pages to textiles, calligraphy, design, books, city building, architecture, mathematics, medicine, polo, and chess, some of it spun like cotton candy," the report said.

Another book teaches: "Q: How did the caliphs who expanded the Muslim Empire treat those they conquered? A: They treated them with tolerance."

"When … Muslims groups attack Christian peoples, kill them, and take their lands, the process is referred to as 'building' an empire. Christian attempts to restore those lands are labeled as 'violent attacks' or 'massacres,'" the report said.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63872

You probably don't realize this but the term jihad has a totally different meaning than what the terrorists use it for.

She said the book's one page referencing Jews "is only to convey that they were tortured by Crusaders to get them to convert to 'Christianity.' (It fails to mention that the biggest persecutors of Jews throughout history and still today are Arab Muslims). ]

Is she a Holocaust denier?

Oh noes, your retarded biases are left out of textbooks. What a terrible terrible shame that is.

You probably don't realize this but the term jihad has a totally different meaning than what the terrorists use it for.

Oh so you are a fatwa lover eh? Tell me does that come in halal or haraam where you come from?

I see you cant PROVE any of those history books to be factual. HELL neither can those that put that shit in there.

Umm, what? Everything includes some bias, and someone getting their information from WND doesn't exactly have a leg to stand on when it comes to bias.

Umm, what? Everything includes some bias, and someone getting their information from WND doesn't exactly have a leg to stand on when it comes to bias.

You DIDNT EVEN read the fuckin article and you want to talk to me about bias?

Look moran, they just write the shit why dont you ask the people who are ACTUALLY heading the study.

The new report is from the American Textbook Council, which was established in 1989 as an independent national research organization to review social studies textbooks and advance the quality of instructional materials in history.

In the two-year project, whose report was authored by Gilbert T. Sewall, the ATC reviewed five junior and five high school world and American history texts, concluding:

"Many political and religious groups try to use the textbook process to their advantage, but the deficiencies in Islam-related lessons are uniquely disturbing. History textbooks present an incomplete and confected view of Islam that misrepresents its foundations and challenges to international security."

I did actually. And yes, you citing WND means I get to talk to you about bias.

Not at all. She was saying that there isnt ENOUGH in the history books about the Jews who have contributed far more history than say the Arabs.

You're right. The comment is in parentheses, it is the opinion of the reporter at World Net Daily who said "(It fails to mention that the biggest persecutors of Jews throughout history and still today are Arab Muslims)" So he is the one who seems to dismiss the Holocaust when discussing persecution of the Jews.

Prove it! Knock yourself out. Prove to the world that what WND reported is a piece of fiction..............

I am still waiting..............

Bias is not the same as lie. And if you don't know that WND is biased you either are extremely stupid or just aren't paying attention.

It is all relative. If you are a conservative, you think that history and news is too liberal. If you are a liberal, you think that the reporting of history and news is too conservative. There is really no way to judge what is an accurate and sufficiently complete retelling of history.

I’m 41. I remember my days in elementary school. We had an American History textbook. It could not give enough praise to Columbus and our founding fathers. I felt like being smart-alecky one day and told the teacher that I wish that I could walk down the street and discover a new house the way that Columbus supposedly discovered a new world. She did not like that comment. Anyway, I don’t think that that old book said one thing critical about Jefferson or Washington – not even that they owned slaves.

Oh well. Some overly nationalistic conservatives probably see no problem in such text books. To each his own. That is why I support school choice. If you want history taught with a conservative slant evaluate a school’s textbooks on your own and send your child to the school that tells things that you want to be told.

It is all relative. If you are a conservative, you think that history and news is too liberal. If you are a liberal, you think that the reporting of history and news is too conservative. There is really no way to judge what is an accurate and sufficiently complete retelling of history.

I’m 41. I remember my days in elementary school. We had an American History textbook. It could not give enough praise to Columbus and our founding fathers. I felt like being smart-alecky one day and told the teacher that I wish that I could walk down the street and discover a new house the way that Columbus supposedly discovered a new world. She did not like that comment. Anyway, I don’t think that that old book said one thing critical about Jefferson or Washington – not even that they owned slaves.

Oh well. Some overly nationalistic conservatives probably see no problem in such text books. To each his own. That is why I support school choice. If you want history taught with a conservative slant evaluate a school’s textbooks on your own and send your child to the school that tells things that you want to be told.

Not taught on a conservative slant but something taught with verifable proof would be nice.

Otherwise I have no problem with putting in the history books that both presidents owned slaves for its the truth.

Bias is not the same as lie. And if you don't know that WND is biased you either are extremely stupid or just aren't paying attention.

So what if they used bias. Does THAT mean it is any less the truth.

So what you are telling me is that when you are biased towards Hezbollah that you are lying?

And yet the Muslim world does nothing to change people's perception of that. Why is that? Because they're too busy dancing in the streets after every terrorist attack.

Forum List

Back