History? SUCKERS!

The flame zone is part of this forum too. So you missed the boat there.

It's the only place that matters, though.

As if you didn't know that already.

From what I see, the flame zone is one of those categories that you have to be logged in to see. Do you have any other suggestions as to how I could bury any history I might reveal?

May as well start the thread where it will ultimately wind up. As a courtesy and to save the moderators some work...

Maybe that would be good if what I said was untrue. Feel free to look these quotes up for yourself if you think they are untrue.
They're true..... from those person's perspectives.
You could always try the mental health forums, that would be a good start for ya. :thup:

Compared to them, to see how you stack up I would have to lift up a rock and see what is crawling around underneath.
Stop keeping us in suspense!
Start blaming everyone but yourself.

What have I to do with what "history" says.
History never spoke to me.
Now get on with it!

The flame zone is part of this forum too. So you missed the boat there.

It's the only place that matters, though.

As if you didn't know that already.

From what I see, the flame zone is one of those categories that you have to be logged in to see. Do you have any other suggestions as to how I could bury any history I might reveal?
I get it...you're here to bore us to death.

Napoleon once wisely said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." And Tolstoy once wisely said, "History would be a wonderful thing - if it were only true." I would like to tell you what the real history is. Does anybody know of a forum where it can be spoken?
Try the Rubber Room.

The Flame Zone.

I mean, seriously, WTF?
No no!!! The Rubber Room only.

Or another message board entirely...

Napoleon once wisely said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." And Tolstoy once wisely said, "History would be a wonderful thing - if it were only true." I would like to tell you what the real history is. Does anybody know of a forum where it can be spoken?
Try the Rubber Room.

The Flame Zone.

I mean, seriously, WTF?

No!!!!
I'm hooked on "nothing posted yet"!

Try the Rubber Room.

The Flame Zone.

I mean, seriously, WTF?

No!!!!

My "funny" rating is, in this instance, sincere.

Try the Rubber Room.

The Flame Zone.

I mean, seriously, WTF?

No!!!!
So far all I'm getting from him is all talk.

tenor.gif

It can be spoken but fear and denial will cause many to attack you.

upload_2018-7-30_18-11-43.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-30_18-11-29.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-30_18-11-29.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 89
It can be spoken but fear and denial will cause many to attack you.

It can be spoken but fear and denial

will cause many . . . . . . to attack you.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ (all white people) ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Try the Rubber Room.

May as well start the thread where it will ultimately wind up. As a courtesy and to save the moderators some work...

Maybe that would be good if what I said was untrue. Feel free to look these quotes up for yourself if you think they are untrue.
They're true..... from those person's perspectives.
You could always try the mental health forums, that would be a good start for ya. :thup:

Compared to them, to see how you stack up I would have to lift up a rock and see what is crawling around underneath.

go-away-while.jpg

"History is written by the victors"....attributed to Winston Churchill. It's true of course, drunken U.S. Grant and clinically insane Wm. T. Sherman would probably have been hanged as war criminals if the South had prevailed in the conflict. Any modern day or even 20th century general who claimed to be "God's terrible swift sword" and burned a city full of wounded men and civilians would have been relieved of duty and imprisoned. Today the "burning of Atlanta" is historically portrayed as part of a successful campaign. In contrast John Brown is viewed as a sort of folk hero by "historians" even though he was hanged by the Union Army for his part in the aborted raid on Harpers Ferry

"History is written by the victors"....attributed to Winston Churchill. It's true of course, drunken U.S. Grant and clinically insane Wm. T. Sherman would probably have been hanged as war criminals if the South had prevailed in the conflict. Any modern day or even 20th century general who claimed to be "God's terrible swift sword" and burned a city full of wounded men and civilians would have been relieved of duty and imprisoned. Today the "burning of Atlanta" is historically portrayed as part of a successful campaign. In contrast John Brown is viewed as a sort of folk hero by "historians" even though he was hanged by the Union Army for his part in the aborted raid on Harpers Ferry

It has also been attributed to Walter Benjamin. I have seen it suggested that Machiavelli used the phrase in his work The Prince. My guess is, there is no real hard evidence that could link the phrase to any one person...

Who said this. ":In war, truth is the first casualty."

History is a proper subject for a forum, not a thread. If you want to talk about political journalism in the U.S., it has been going on since the earliest days of the republic. However, it had not spilled over into historical journalism until the 1940s, when Joseph Kennedy decided to rehabilitate his pre-WW2 appeasement statements about Nazi Germany in order to promote the political careers of his sons.

As a result, JFK's wartime misdeeds (dating a Nazi spy in Hawaii and allowing his PT boat to be sunk) have purged from the historical record, as have his fraudulent political campaigns and secret deals with Krushchev during the so-called Cuban Missile Crisis. This continued with the historical misrepresentation of the Watergate "scandal" and suppression of the Clintons' crooked political and business dealings. The final corruption of historical journalism began with the Presidential candidacy of Barack Obama, whose election was considered such an important event as to warrant the complete abolition of critical journalistic reporting. This trend has continued with the election of Donald Trump, albeit with an opposite motivation.

Ironically, this corruption is finally sowing the seeds of its own demise. Modern journalist/historians have proven themselves to be so biased that their opinions are largely ignored. Good for them.

Wonder what the history of history is like? Has history changed since Napoleon's time?
Can anyone write history? Why is history a requirement in schools? Is history a science?

Forum List

Back