History Repeats itself in the Mideast

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
About 30 years ago, we had a leftwing, weak democratic president whose foreign policy failures and overall lack of political skills helped usher, or at least failed to forsee, the collapse of a friendly government to fascist islamic forces.

Once again, we have a presidential clone of the same DNA who has failed to forestall, or at least forsee, the collapse of a friendly regime in Egypt.

Why do leftwingers still think that electing a weak, inexperienced, leftist president is going to strengthen the US' standing in the world, when all it does is undermine our allies and increase the resolve and fortitude of our enemies, like islamists?

About 30 years ago, we had a leftwing, weak democratic president whose foreign policy failures and overall lack of political skills helped usher, or at least failed to forsee, the collapse of a friendly government to fascist islamic forces.

Once again, we have a presidential clone of the same DNA who has failed to forestall, or at least forsee, the collapse of a friendly regime in Egypt.

Why do leftwingers still think that electing a weak, inexperienced, leftist president is going to strengthen the US' standing in the world, when all it does is undermine our allies and increase the resolve and fortitude of our enemies, like islamists?

i guess the USA has to nuke cairo now.

so sad, they may lose a torture ally.

but on the flip side, a lot of money could be reinvested into the infrastructure of your ridiculous country. overland-lines. lol

Yep. I'm not suprised at all by this. The radicals in Egypt know that now is the time to act, as the USA will not do shit about it.

But in a way, I'm glad we wont. I'm tired of the USA supporting the rest of the world.

Yep. I'm not suprised at all by this. The radicals in Egypt know that now is the time to act, as the USA will not do shit about it.

But in a way, I'm glad we wont. I'm tired of the USA supporting the rest of the world.

you did not support the rest of the world, never.

get that into your head, and you will have learned something. baby steps.

Granted, we have a weak president and I believe he didn't read the Reagan book soon enough to apply his wisdom in this case.

Protests are now beginning in Lebanon, Turkey and have been going on in Jordan.

It's just a matter of time for Mubarack

Last edited:

Why don't you entertain us with a brief description of what this administration should have done in the last 2 years in regards to Egypt?

Forum List

Back