HISTORY OF LANGUAGE

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
This is a very interesting article. Note that it says that all languages, about 5,000 of them, originatted from less than 20 parent languages. I find this interesting, because I believe that if evolution were true, there would be a single parent language. There isn't. Which would seem to lend credence to the Biblical story of the tower of babel.Just my opinion. What do you think?

HISTORY OF LANGUAGE

Language distribution across the globe can be very puzzling. The Bulgarians have a fourth tense to their verbs, hearsay. In other words, past, present, future, and I heard it. Almost no other languages have such a tense. However, the Menominee Indians of Wisconsin and Minnesota do.

• Banned
Language distribution across the globe can be very puzzling. The Bulgarians have a fourth tense to their verbs, hearsay. In other words, past, present, future, and I heard it. Almost no other languages have such a tense. However, the Menominee Indians of Wisconsin and Minnesota do.
Interesting.

This is a very interesting article. Note that it says that all languages, about 5,000 of them, originatted from less than 20 parent languages. I find this interesting, because I believe that if evolution were true, there would be a single parent language. There isn't. Which would seem to lend credence to the Biblical story of the tower of babel.Just my opinion. What do you think?

HISTORY OF LANGUAGE
When I learned Swahili I was amazed at the similarities between it and Spanish.

• Banned

HISTORY OF LANGUAGE
No offense, but why did you want to learn Swahili?

HISTORY OF LANGUAGE
Thats an odd question. Why did I want to learn english?

• Banned

HISTORY OF LANGUAGE
Thats an odd question. Why did I want to learn english?
OOOPS! LOL!

Language differences between northern and southern cities in the U.S. including Spanish culture was so evident in the 19th and early 20th century that it seemed like different languages were spoken although it was always English. The concept is fading due to a modern society that prefers bland speech with no accent to rich geographic based speech. Tribal living thousands of years ago probably caused isolated people to invent terms and expressions that sounded right to them so it's no wonder that it is still happening today. Hip-hop Black kids speak in terms that only they can understand and computer geeks created expressions that have entered into modern speech patterns.

This is a very interesting article. Note that it says that all languages, about 5,000 of them, originated from less than 20 parent languages. I find this interesting, because I believe that if evolution were true, there would be a single parent language. There isn't. Which would seem to lend credence to the Biblical story of the tower of babel. Just my opinion. What do you think?
I beg to differ. If the Bible story were true, there WOULD be a single parent language.

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. (KJV, Genesis 11:1)

This is a very interesting article. Note that it says that all languages, about 5,000 of them, originated from less than 20 parent languages. I find this interesting, because I believe that if evolution were true, there would be a single parent language. There isn't. Which would seem to lend credence to the Biblical story of the tower of babel. Just my opinion. What do you think?
I beg to differ. If the Bible story were true, there WOULD be a single parent language.

Pretty much what I was saying, in a round about way. There is not a single parent language. There are several.

Pretty much what I was saying, in a round about way. There is not a single parent language. There are several.
You said that if evolution were true, there'd be a single parent language. When you have 5,000 languages, evolution is true whether you started with one or 20.

HISTORY OF LANGUAGE

That's largely the Arabic influence.

As I've tried to educate some people here from time to time...

"In his book, Eve Spoke,evolutionist Philip Lieberman admitted:

Speech is so essential to our concept of intelligence that its possession is virtually equated with being human. Animals who talk are human, because what sets us apart from other animals is the “gift” of speech’

In his book, The Symbolic Species: The Co-Evolution of Language and the Brain, Terrance Deacon noted:

‘In this context, then, consider the case of human language. It is one of the most distinctive behavioral adaptations on the planet. Languages evolved in only one species, in only one way, without precedent, except in the most general sense. And the differences between languages and all other natural modes of communicating are vast

What events transpired that have allowed humans to speak, while animals remain silent? If we are to believe the evolutionary teaching currently taking place in colleges and universities around the world, speech evolved as a natural process over time. Yet no one is quite sure how, and there are no known animals that are in a transition phase from non-speaking to speaking. "

The Origin of Language and Communication

... I believe that if evolution were true, there would be a single parent language. .....

Why?
Early humans would have been confined to a limited area. In order for 15 plus languages to develop there would have to have been 15 isolated communities of humans. I don't see it happening.

Speech is so essential to our concept of intelligence that its possession is virtually equated with being human. Animals who talk are human, because what sets us apart from other animals is the “gift” of speech’

In his book, The Symbolic Species: The Co-Evolution of Language and the Brain, Terrance Deacon noted:

‘In this context, then, consider the case of human language. It is one of the most distinctive behavioral adaptations on the planet. Languages evolved in only one species, in only one way, without precedent, except in the most general sense. And the differences between languages and all other natural modes of communicating are vast

What events transpired that have allowed humans to speak, while animals remain silent? If we are to believe the evolutionary teaching currently taking place in colleges and universities around the world, speech evolved as a natural process over time. Yet no one is quite sure how, and there are no known animals that are in a transition phase from non-speaking to speaking. "

African Greys are pretty intelligent. They can learn a fairly large vocabulary and actually use it to communicate in a limited fashion. Not on the level humans can, but they're pretty smart. They actually have the intelligence of a four year old human child. Doesn't make them human, but those are some pretty smart birds.

...... In order for 15 plus languages to develop there would have to have been 15 isolated communities of humans. I don't see it happening.

Why not? If there is one thing humans have always done, it's move around. How do you think we spread to every corner of the world?

African Greys are pretty intelligent. They can learn a fairly large vocabulary and actually use it to communicate in a limited fashion. Not on the level humans can, but they're pretty smart. They actually have the intelligence of a four year old human child. Doesn't make them human, but those are some pretty smart birds.

All animals - and even plants - communicate in some way, but only humans use language.

...... In order for 15 plus languages to develop there would have to have been 15 isolated communities of humans. I don't see it happening.

Why not? If there is one thing humans have always done, it's move around. How do you think we spread to every corner of the world?
I don't believe that early humans, as described in evolution, would have been able to travel far. They hadn't even domesticated horses yet, and probably weren't seafarers. This would have confined them to a relatively small area. Don't ya think?

All animals - and even plants - communicate in some way, but only humans use language.

My aunt had an African Grey. One day, the feeder stick fell on it and it was trapped. It called my aunt by name and said HELP. Sounds like communication to me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back