History For Ted Cruz: Irish & Italian Immigrants Were Once Seen As Violent Threats To America

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
History and facts aren't RWNJ's best friends

Cruz may be interested to know that Nativists in the era of high Irish and Italian immigration considered such migrants to be violent threats.

The infamous Palmer Raids, sparked in part by a series of bombings carried out by Italian anarchists, were based on a fear that southern Italian immigrants presented an internal threat to the U.S. As author George De Stefano writes, many politicians at the time had concluded that “America was under attack by dangerous foreign radicals” and restrictive immigration laws were needed “to protect the nation from southern and eastern European immigrants, who purportedly would infect America with their dangerous radical ideas and engage in violent subversion.” Italian migrants were also seen as “unassimilable,” “dangerously radical” and “prone to violent criminality.” Decades before the Palmer Raids, Italian immigrants “were even accused of a conspiracy to inundate the United States with Italian fleas.”

A History Lesson For Ted Cruz: Irish & Italian Immigrants Were Once Seen As Violent Threats To America

Those same commies are still parasites.

The nativists were right then as they are now dipshit.

Cruz may be interested to know that Nativists in the era of high Irish and Italian immigration considered such migrants to be violent threats.

The infamous Palmer Raids, sparked in part by a series of bombings carried out by Italian anarchists, were based on a fear that southern Italian immigrants presented an internal threat to the U.S. As author George De Stefano writes, many politicians at the time had concluded that “America was under attack by dangerous foreign radicals” and restrictive immigration laws were needed “to protect the nation from southern and eastern European immigrants, who purportedly would infect America with their dangerous radical ideas and engage in violent subversion.” Italian migrants were also seen as “unassimilable,” “dangerously radical” and “prone to violent criminality.” Decades before the Palmer Raids, Italian immigrants “were even accused of a conspiracy to inundate the United States with Italian fleas.”

A History Lesson For Ted Cruz: Irish & Italian Immigrants Were Once Seen As Violent Threats To America

I realize the movie was made last century but Aaron Sorkin nailed it. "Whatever your problem is, Bob Rumson (the GOP stand-in) is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in 2 things and two things only; 1) Making you afraid of it and 2) telling you who to blame for it."

Yeah. My ancestors all put up with "no dogs or Irish".

So the Irish simply took over politics.

Regardless, this is my country. I have had no other, and nothing in common with those ancestors. I am a Native American.

The American people owe nothing to anyone, and certainly not the burden of supporting these people, nor any obligation to accept a Trojan Horse.

Regardless, this is my country. I have had no other, and nothing in common with those ancestors. I am a Native American.

The American people owe nothing to anyone, and certainly not the burden of supporting these people, nor any obligation to accept a Trojan Horse.

You of all people should understand the dangers of that mindset, amadán.

"A History Lesson For Ted Cruz: Irish & Italian Immigrants Were Once Seen As Violent Threats To America"

The nativism common to most republicans, the fear of change, diversity, and dissent, and the propensity to attempt to demonize those incorrectly perceived to be a 'threat' has been a consistent political theme of conservatives during much of America's history.

You of all people should understand the dangers of that mindset, amadán.

What danger is that?

Eastman Gang

the Eastmans succeeded the long dominant Whyos as the first non-Irish street gang to gain prominence in the underworld during the 1890s, and marked the beginning of a forty to fifty-year period of heavy Jewish-American influence within organized crime in New York City.

The largely Jewish-American gang known as Murder Inc. and Jewish mobsters such as Meyer Lansky, Mickey Cohen, Dutch Schultz, and Bugsy Siegel developed close ties with and gained significant influence within the Italian-AmericanMafia, eventually forming a loosely organized, mostly Jewish-Italian criminal syndicate known in the press as the "National Crime Syndicate." For decades after, Jewish-American mobsters would continue to work closely and at times compete with Italian-American organized crime.[5]

Jewish-American gangsters were involved in many different criminal activities, including murder, racketeering, bootlegging, prostitution[6] and narcotics. Their role was also significant in New York's burgeoning labor movement, especially the garment and trucking unions, as well as the poultry industry. Jewish organized crime fueled anti-Semitism and deeply concerned the Jewish community.[7] Jewish organized crime was used by anti-semites and anti-immigration supporters as arguments to bolster their agenda. Jewish gangs controlled portions of the Lower East Side and Brownsville in New York City,[8] and were also present in other major American cities.

Jewish-American organized crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jewish mobsters

Hyman Abrams

Evsei Agron

Israel "Ice pick Willie" Alderman

Hyman Amberg

Moses Annenberg

Lot more where that came from: List of Jewish American mobsters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah yes, yet another thread wherein the 'nativists' of America are irrational evul atavists and the rest of the world is made up of happy hard working tolerant hobbits. And Stuff. Gee that's rare ...

Eastman Gang

the Eastmans succeeded the long dominant Whyos as the first non-Irish street gang to gain prominence in the underworld during the 1890s, and marked the beginning of a forty to fifty-year period of heavy Jewish-American influence within organized crime in New York City.

The largely Jewish-American gang known as Murder Inc. and Jewish mobsters such as Meyer Lansky, Mickey Cohen, Dutch Schultz, and Bugsy Siegel developed close ties with and gained significant influence within the Italian-AmericanMafia, eventually forming a loosely organized, mostly Jewish-Italian criminal syndicate known in the press as the "National Crime Syndicate." For decades after, Jewish-American mobsters would continue to work closely and at times compete with Italian-American organized crime.[5]

Jewish-American gangsters were involved in many different criminal activities, including murder, racketeering, bootlegging, prostitution[6] and narcotics. Their role was also significant in New York's burgeoning labor movement, especially the garment and trucking unions, as well as the poultry industry. Jewish organized crime fueled anti-Semitism and deeply concerned the Jewish community.[7] Jewish organized crime was used by anti-semites and anti-immigration supporters as arguments to bolster their agenda. Jewish gangs controlled portions of the Lower East Side and Brownsville in New York City,[8] and were also present in other major American cities.

Jewish-American organized crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jewish mobsters

Hyman Abrams

Evsei Agron

Israel "Ice pick Willie" Alderman

Hyman Amberg

Moses Annenberg

Lot more where that came from: List of Jewish American mobsters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All products of ghettos crammed literally to the rafters with massive waves of immigrants, many of which indeed didn't assimilate, until WW II at least. The forced assimilation of military service and working the defense industry plants went a long way to producing the modern assimilation of various European ethnic groups. Of course the reason such massive immigration was encouraged was to break strikes and lower wages to below subsistence levels, and no other reason than making the rich richer, but let's pretend it was all about something else, while never defining what that 'something else' ever was.

I still have relatives in Boston and Chicago whose families have been here for almost a hundred years, yet you would think they just got off a boat from Ireland, they way they carry on about being 'Irish'. Never mind they haven't set foot in Ireland since 1916. They're about as 'Irish' as Whitney Houston is, but so much for 'nativism' being the problem ...

Last edited:
Irish is the second largest nationality in the Us I read some time ago. I'm sure your right, but I read that the Italian and Jewish mafia overran them, but I'm sure they still exist.

The fall of the Soviet Union let out many wolfs, Russian Ukraine Jews, Little Odessa, Kings of the Mafia's. The Judeo Russian Mafia.

Semion Yudkovich Mogilevich is the biggest mobster head they say, Jew. I don't care if he practices Judaism or not, since now they like to say Jews is a race and culture, they can claim him.

"A History Lesson For Ted Cruz: Irish & Italian Immigrants Were Once Seen As Violent Threats To America"

The nativism common to most republicans, the fear of change, diversity, and dissent, and the propensity to attempt to demonize those incorrectly perceived to be a 'threat' has been a consistent political theme of conservatives during much of America's history.
They should revitalize the old "Know Nothing Party" name for the GOP.

They should revitalize the old "Know Nothing Party" name for the GOP.
This is the history forum isn't it? Shouldn't clown faced lefties be aware that the 1850's "no nothing movement" was a anti-Catholic anti-republican political movement similar to the modern democrat party?

Forum List

Back