History changing news from Mars?

first%2Bmars%2Bphoto.bmp

Cant wait to find out! It's coming from the soil, so life? Microbes similar to the ones that we think started life on Earth? FUCKING EXCITED! Probably be let down though lol To all the people that think NASA is a waste of money, I say FUCK YOU and so does your computer your looking through :)

This is very exciting indeed! Plus, I was thinking of repeating the quantuum entanglement experiments that were done in the US and the Canary Islands, using a mars lender, only between mars and earth. And yes, anyone who says that NASA or the ESA are a waste of money, should pay special taxes for using their cell phones or any 21st century electronics.

A big "OMG" moment for space enthusiasts may be coming!

We were certainly excited to read on NPR's website that the Curiosity rover may have discovered something "really interesting." John Grotzinger, principal investigator for the Curiosity rover mission, revealed to NPR that "This data is gonna be one for the history books. It's looking really good."

The data in question come from soil that was analyzed by an instrument suite on the rover called SAM, the Sample Analysis at Mars. This chemistry set is equipped to look for compounds of carbon, such as methane, as well as hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. These would suggest at least the possibility that life could have once existed there.

But Grotzinger would not tell NPR exactly what about the latest results could be so "earthshaking" (should we say "Mars-shaking"?). And it will be several weeks before the public may know anything further about the matter, NPR reported. The scientists don't want to say anything prematurely, before they're sure they know what they're seeing.

Will NASA release Earth- … er, Mars-shaking news? – Light Years - CNN.com Blogs

You're being played, NASA just wants more money.

Im sure there is something. I am also sure they are wanting money. Considering they got their budget slashed. If it was not for NASA we might not even be talking right now.. SMH

You're being played, NASA just wants more money.

So long as it doesn't go to GISS they should get more. NASA is responsible for more technical innovation than any other endeavor save war...and NASA's doesn't require the deaths of millions to get it done.

Yes, I fully understand the accomplishments and history of NASA, formerly NACA.

This is how Govt agencies lobby for more money, by saying they are "this close" to a major discovery!

If we only had more money!

Yes, I fully understand the accomplishments and history of NASA, formerly NACA.

This is how Govt agencies lobby for more money, by saying they are "this close" to a major discovery!

If we only had more money!

You really are clueless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70uKS_4wGM]Curiosity Rover Report (Nov. 1, 2012): First CheMin Results - YouTube[/ame]

CheMin at Curiosity Rover is about the size of a shoebox, whereas most of their earthly counterparts are the size of a double-wide refrigerator. It measures the contents of minerals in the scoops NASA's Curiosity collected.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5kbpOvoN8]NASA Says Curiosity Hasn't Discovered Life on Mars... Yet - YouTube[/ame]

They found wee beasties to small for the eye to see
A lot of theories out there. It's hard to keep apart what NASA is saying and what others have decided, based on watching NASA's daily reads as they come out, at least, I found a lot of stuff like that out there, but the Scientists at NASA want everything confirmed several times by independent scientists/groups or however they all come to the same conclusion in reports. I thought the CheMin machine was truly an interesting instrument, made very small for the purpose of transporting on Curiosity along with a lot of other miniaturized replicas of machines that otherwise could not be transported to that distance and work properly.

Eots, I have a question for you: they said they had "found something important" from news articles on Nov. 21. Do you have any idea how soon they will be able to make this statement public after confirmation, affirmation, retrials, and second conformations, etc. ?

I want to know! :D

Forum List

Back