History According to Glenn Beck

Do you people here have ANY idea how UN-AMERICAN McCarthy WAS!!!???

No, enlighten us.

MaCarthy atacked POLITICAL RIVALS by ACCUSING them of being communists.

McCarthyism is the politically motivated practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. The term specifically describes activities associated with the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting roughly from the late 1940s to the late 1950s and characterized by heightened fears of communist influence on American institutions and espionage by Soviet agents. Originally coined to criticize the anti-communist pursuits of U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy, "McCarthyism" soon took on a broader meaning, describing the excesses of similar efforts. The term is also now used more generally to describe reckless, unsubstantiated accusations, as well as demagogic attacks on the character or patriotism of political adversaries.

HAVE YOU NO SENSE OF DECENCY?

http://disembedded.wordpress.com/20...-mccarthy-began-a-witch-hunt-of-the-u-s-army/

Last edited:
People who get degrees in History aren't even taught the truth about these bloodthirsty "progressives" in our liberal colleges today...

It's no wonder ignorant kids buy posters of Mao and and wear T-shirts of Che...
When the John Birch Society starts making stylish t-shirts, maybe the trend will change!

But I don't think there's a market for a white t-shirt with a full hood with eye slits attached.

People who get degrees in History aren't even taught the truth about these bloodthirsty "progressives" in our liberal colleges today...

When the John Birch Society starts making stylish t-shirts, maybe the trend will change!

But I don't think there's a market for a white t-shirt with a full hood with eye slits attached.

You obviuosly do not live in AL.

No, but I've been there! Montgomery to Birmingham in three lovely weeks one spring. Nice place to visit, as the saying goes...

Their web site now sports lil puppies and adorable children arm 'n arm with mom & dad with a big heap 'o apple-pie flag waving now.

They've gone Altria.

No, but I've been there! Montgomery to Birmingham in three lovely weeks one spring. Nice place to visit, as the saying goes...
Birmingham.

Ugh.

I spent a week there one afternoon.

Because an ex-comedian with an axe to grind against the Obama administration that works for Fox News is more qualified to speak on world history than them.

Beck is an EX comedian?

Damn I can see why hes an EX comedian.

Do you people here have ANY idea how UN-AMERICAN McCarthy WAS!!!???

No, enlighten us.

McCarthyism is the politically motivated practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. The term specifically describes activities associated with the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting roughly from the late 1940s to the late 1950s and characterized by heightened fears of communist influence on American institutions and espionage by Soviet agents. Originally coined to criticize the anti-communist pursuits of U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy, "McCarthyism" soon took on a broader meaning, describing the excesses of similar efforts. The term is also now used more generally to describe reckless, unsubstantiated accusations, as well as demagogic attacks on the character or patriotism of political adversaries.

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

So accusing people of being communist is anti-American? Would that apply to those that call people nazi's? That's what Pelosi and other democratic leaders think of the tea-partiers. So again I ask what makes McCarthy anti-American? Obviously you believe anyone that has the opinion that some in govt. are or maybe communist is somehow anti-American. And here I thought freedom of speech was very American.

Was Reagan caught up in the McCartyhism?
Seems like he was.
A side note: I've been an avid film buff and collector for years. I am collecting films criticized by HUAC (House Un-american Activities Committee) recently. One movie was titled Mission to Moscow. It was produced during WWII to promote our alliance with the former Soviet Union. The United States Department of State assisted in the production. Less than 10 years later, and with a Republican majority in Congress and the White House and presto! The movie is suddenly un-American! Sound familiar?

Ronald Reagan was president of SAG (Screen Actors Guild) in the 1950s.

No, enlighten us.

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

So accusing people of being communist is anti-American? Would that apply to those that call people nazi's? That's what Pelosi and other democratic leaders think of the tea-partiers. So again I ask what makes McCarthy anti-American? Obviously you believe anyone that has the opinion that some in govt. are or maybe communist is somehow anti-American. And here I thought freedom of speech was very American.

Umm no one pays any attention if I call you a nazi. You Nazi.
But McCarty was not just a nobody.

Your minimalization attempt failz.

No, enlighten us.

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Here's the scoop! Witch hunts and accusations are not the American way. Here, you are considered innocent until PROVEN guilty! Peoples reputations, careers and lives were ruined by McCarthy and his lunatic rampages. That's Un-American.

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Umm no one pays any attention if I call you a nazi. You Nazi.
But McCarty was not just a nobody.

Your minimalization attempt failz.

So you're saying I have the freedom to express my opinion but a U.S. Senator doesn't. Interesting.

Forum List

Back