Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

For another perspective on the Notre-Dame fire, I always like to listen to all sides of a story, not only one. That way I can draw my own conclusions.

Steve R. Pieczenik was born Havana, (December 7, 1943) is an American writer, former United States Department of State official, psychiatrist, and publisher.

Apr 17, 2019

YEP. Heard that story in the news too. Now, since my principle background is in electrical and electronic engineering, let me just say that if I wanted to burn down Notre Dame and make it LOOK like an accident, there would be no easier or more logical way than to create a short in the wiring inducing electrical overload and fire.

NOW THE FIRST QUESTION is that any reasonable circuit should preclude such an incident through the use of circuit breakers, but then, a circuit breaker is the easiest thing to also bypass. Why didn't the breakers prevent the fire?

THE SECOND QUESTION would be as to the design of the wiring to meet code should preclude contact with combustible materials such as being in metal conduit, BX cabling, wire mold, etc.

THE THIRD QUESTION is that considering the incident only took place a few days ago, it seems unlikely in a tower that large and badly damaged that they could have reached a conclusion this fast not only to the absolute cause but to also rule out tampering. And if they have, then, WHERE IS THE DETAILED ANALYSIS AND REPORT?

Forum List

Back