Historic Flooding and NO Obama

Actually, Bredesen has requested federal money already and you apparently have a reading comprehension issue. Read above where it says ( concise version ) FEMA'S done nothing and I don't care. My point has been the hypocrisy of those that expected Bush to react one way and Obama another.

OK. So he just now asked for federal money, apparently to assist in the cleanup, as I stated above.

If you "don't care" that the federal government hasn't given Tennessee assistance, then, as I said, what is the point of this thread???

Hmmmmm. Tennessee is under water and not a word out of the Whitehouse about it. It's enough to make us feel unappreciated. :lol: At least Bush did a flyover New Orleans.

Thousands Evacuated By Historic Floods - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

That's your problem. You apparently think that when people complained about the federal response to Katrina, they wanted Bush to go there. WRONG! They wanted FEMA to be there. And FEMA is on the job in Tennessee and all of the other states experiencing and inordinated amount of damage from the storms.

But then again, Obama appointed someone competent to run FEMA and not a liberal version of 'Brownie'. Under Brownie, the RCMP reached Louisiana before FEMA did. If you don't see that as a problem, then you are hopelessly partisian.

FEMA has done nothing in the state of Tennessee yet except fly over it. That's ok because the state has it under control but you show your ignorance in your assessment of the Katrina response. The state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans leadership let that area go into a complete melt down and then you apparently think that the feds were going to be able to wave a magic wand and make it all better. You should learn that the federal government was not meant to be your mama and daddy.

You'd really like to believe that, wouldn't you?

The Governor formally requested a major disaster declaration on Monday for the state of Tennessee. FEMA personnel are in place in Tennessee to support the state's response to the Nashville-area flooding. A FEMA liaison officer has been on site at the Tennessee Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and preliminary damage assessment teams have been identified to work with state officials in assessing the storm's impact. Fugate has been in continuous contact with state and local officials, and has provided regular updates to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and the President on the situation.

The governor of Tenessee formally requested disaster assistance on Monday and FEMA was already in place. You might want to wake up from that pipe dream you're in.

Last edited:
Tennessee and Kentucky went for McCain in 2008.

Obama has consistently displayed less concern for red states.

I have to say, the righties are really fishing for anything they can find to distract from the fact that the economy is in recovery.

LOL.

The governor of Tenessee formally requested disaster assistance on Monday and FEMA was already in place. You might want to wake up from that pipe dream you're in.

Oh, so Tennessee has already requested and received FEMA assistance to whatever extent they needed it!

Excellent. Good to know.

So this whole thread is based on complete and utter false information.

Thanks beowolfe.

That's your problem. You apparently think that when people complained about the federal response to Katrina, they wanted Bush to go there. WRONG! They wanted FEMA to be there. And FEMA is on the job in Tennessee and all of the other states experiencing and inordinated amount of damage from the storms.

But then again, Obama appointed someone competent to run FEMA and not a liberal version of 'Brownie'. Under Brownie, the RCMP reached Louisiana before FEMA did. If you don't see that as a problem, then you are hopelessly partisian.

FEMA has done nothing in the state of Tennessee yet except fly over it. That's ok because the state has it under control but you show your ignorance in your assessment of the Katrina response. The state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans leadership let that area go into a complete melt down and then you apparently think that the feds were going to be able to wave a magic wand and make it all better. You should learn that the federal government was not meant to be your mama and daddy.

The Governor formally requested a major disaster declaration on Monday for the state of Tennessee. FEMA personnel are in place in Tennessee to support the state's response to the Nashville-area flooding. A FEMA liaison officer has been on site at the Tennessee Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and preliminary damage assessment teams have been identified to work with state officials in assessing the storm's impact. Fugate has been in continuous contact with state and local officials, and has provided regular updates to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and the President on the situation.

You're damn straight that I believe the federal role is not to be mama and daddy to the states. And I certainly believe that New Orleans was so fucked by Nagin and Blanco that it wouldn't have mattered who was in charge at the federal level because the disaster stage was set when Nagin decided that asking for a voluntary evacuation in the face of a cat 5 storm was the way to go.
And read your own FEMA press release. They got here Monday and Bredesen hand delivered his disaster request to them.

Tennessee and Kentucky went for McCain in 2008.

Obama has consistently displayed less concern for red states.

Are you sure about that?

Let's look at the southern states. Almost all of them went for McCain.

FEMA has approved disaster declarations for Alabama five times since Obama was elected.
7 for Arkansas
5 for AZ
2 for GA
4 for KY
2 for MS
1 for SC and
4 for TN

You're confusing administrations. Holding back federal assistance from states that didn't vote for you was a Karl Rove ploy. It hasn't shown up in the Obama administration and probably won't. Why? Because conventional wisdom says service to states that didn't support you in the past is the best way to get their support in the future. Rove/Bush believed in punishing states whose people didn't support them.

Actually, Bredesen has requested federal money already and you apparently have a reading comprehension issue. Read above where it says ( concise version ) FEMA'S done nothing and I don't care. My point has been the hypocrisy of those that expected Bush to react one way and Obama another.

OK. So he just now asked for federal money, apparently to assist in the cleanup, as I stated above.

If you "don't care" that the federal government hasn't given Tennessee assistance, then, as I said, what is the point of this thread[/B]???

Look above and you can answer your own question. Reading comprehension is an amazing thing.

Hmmmmm. Tennessee is under water and not a word out of the Whitehouse about it. It's enough to make us feel unappreciated. :lol: At least Bush did a flyover New Orleans.

If this interests you so much, one would think you would be paying rapt attention.

FEMA: FEMA Administrator Fugate Meets With Tennessee Governor Bredesen And Local Officials On Nashville Area Flooding

If you "don't care" that the federal government hasn't given Tennessee assistance, then, as I said, what is the point of this thread[/B]???

Look above and you can answer your own question. Reading comprehension is an amazing thing.

I think your only purpose in arguing is that you want to revisit the whole Katrina mess again and defend your guy. The simply fact is that It isn't about WHO is president, but how effectively FEMA handles these situations. And it obviously is doing a much better job since the Katrina fiasco.

If this interests you so much, one would think you would be paying rapt attention.

FEMA: FEMA Administrator Fugate Meets With Tennessee Governor Bredesen And Local Officials On Nashville Area Flooding

Yes, this does interest me because this is my home. Your FEMA liaison officer came up from Atlanta on Monday. Fugate also showed up on Monday. FEMA will not be ready to offer Tennesseans assistance until May 10th, is what our local news stations are reporting.

I think your only purpose in arguing is that you want to revisit the whole Katrina mess again and defend your guy. The simply fact is that It isn't about WHO is president, but how effectively FEMA handles these situations. And it obviously is doing a much better job since the Katrina fiasco.

Maggie.. you don't get it do you? This is not about FEMA because FEMA has not yet done ANYTHING in Tennessee that has any effect on our emergency response. They're not providing housing, transportation, food or emergency funds at this time. All of that is coming from the STATE and LOCAL officials and organizations. If Tennessee had the screwed up leadership that New Orleans and Louisiana had, then you'd see the same type of fuck ups that you saw during Katrina. Obama blasted Bush over and over about the Katrina response and it was never Bush's fault. Obama used Katrina as a political club and deserves to be called on it.

Yes, this does interest me because this is my home. Your FEMA liaison officer came up from Atlanta on Monday. Fugate also showed up on Monday. FEMA will not be ready to offer Tennesseans assistance until May 10th, is what our local news stations are reporting.

Isn't the flooding getting worse? How can FEMA assist people with emergency housing and/or financial support until they are on dry land? Right now, I think it's still more of a rescue operation than an aftermath operation.

Maggie.. you don't get it do you? This is not about FEMA because FEMA has not yet done ANYTHING in Tennessee that has any effect on our emergency response. They're not providing housing, transportation, food or emergency funds at this time. All of that is coming from the STATE and LOCAL officials and organizations. If Tennessee had the screwed up leadership that New Orleans and Louisiana had, then you'd see the same type of fuck ups that you saw during Katrina. Obama blasted Bush over and over about the Katrina response and it was never Bush's fault. Obama used Katrina as a political club and deserves to be called on it.

I don't intend to get into another rehash of the blame game over Katrina. Let's just say the jury is still out. The concern should be the disaster itself, but once more the anti-Obama crowd gloms onto the politics of every situation, even the tragic ones.

Isn't the flooding getting worse? How can FEMA assist people with emergency housing and/or financial support until they are on dry land? Right now, I think it's still more of a rescue operation than an aftermath operation.

Well damn.. wasn't FEMA suppose to do the rescuing? Isn't that what the Bush fucked Katrina crowd says? Who'd have thunk that the feds would have to wait until the immediate threat was passed before moving their people into the area. ( and yes.. this is sarcasm.. I'm fully aware of the federal role ) Thanks for making my point for me.

How come no one mentions the failure of the Army Corps of Engineers? Thats the dirty little secret that never gets called out into the daylight. If the levies were built right and maintained Katrina "The Flood" would have never happened.

So you guys want him in New York, Tennessee, and the Gulf all at the same time?

I think some of you are perpetually PMSing.

All I want is for him to do is whatever it was liberals expected George Bush to do when New Orleans was flooding. Is that too much to ask?

Hey... that's all in a day's work for a guy who can walk on water. :lol::lol::lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Well damn.. wasn't FEMA suppose to do the rescuing? Isn't that what the Bush fucked Katrina crowd says? Who'd have thunk that the feds would have to wait until the immediate threat was passed before moving their people into the area. ( and yes.. this is sarcasm.. I'm fully aware of the federal role ) Thanks for making my point for me.

FEMA's primary responsibilities are to determine the amount of funding, participate in educating the applicant on specific program issues and procedures, assist the applicant with the development of projects, and review the projects for compliance. [From FEMA's website.]

I don't recall anyone demanding that FEMA rescue people from rooftops or rubble. What I do remember are truckloads of block ice that never made it to N.O. before it melted due to routing screwups; issuance of VISA cards carte blanche to anyone who wanted one; temporary trailers set up in areas where if someone had only asked would have known they would become rotting messes before anyone could move in. Etc.

All that said, I still gave FEMA a pass for its screwups (sort of) because this was its first "test" of preparedness after having been thrown into the bureaucratic behemoth known as Homeland Security and was no longer operating using it's own agency guidelines which had worked well in years past.

So you guys want him in New York, Tennessee, and the Gulf all at the same time?

I think some of you are perpetually PMSing.

All I want is for him to do is whatever it was liberals expected George Bush to do when New Orleans was flooding. Is that too much to ask?

Hey... that's all in a day's work for a guy who can walk on water. :lol::lol::lol:

Hey...thanks for the rep, but you didn't have to steal my joke!

Hey...thanks for the rep, but you didn't have to steal my joke!

:lol: In my defense, I quoted from a post on page one, then noted your post on page three.

I'd say "great minds think alike"... but I'm thinking we'd both likely be horrified at the prospect. :lol::lol::lol:

I kid. ;) It was, afterall... a good joke.

Forum List

Back