Historic Antarctic Cold snap kills fish!!!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Cold empties Bolivian rivers of fish
Antarctic cold snap kills millions of aquatic animals in the Amazon.

Anna Petherick

The San Julián fish farm in the Santa Cruz department of Bolivia lost 15 tonnes of pacú fish in the extreme cold.
Never TejerinaWith high Andean peaks and a humid tropical forest, Bolivia is a country of ecological extremes. But during the Southern Hemisphere's recent winter, unusually low temperatures in part of the country's tropical region hit freshwater species hard, killing an estimated 6 million fish and thousands of alligators, turtles and river dolphins.

Scientists who have visited the affected rivers say the event is the biggest ecological disaster Bolivia has known, and, as an example of a sudden climatic change wreaking havoc on wildlife, it is unprecedented in recorded history.

"There's just a huge number of dead fish," says Michel Jégu, a researcher from the Institute for Developmental Research in Marseilles, France, who is currently working at the Noel Kempff Mercado Natural History Museum in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. "In the rivers near Santa Cruz there's about 1,000 dead fish for every 100 metres of river."

Cold empties Bolivian rivers of fish : Nature News

Heres the kind of stuff the environmental k00ks never want to talk about!!!:lol::lol:

How funny is this???????:funnyface:

Yo Rocks.......................................

laughing_man-4.jpg

One of the primary predictions of the climate change caused by the global warming is that there will be wider and wilder swings in the weather, with an overall warming trend. That is exactly what we are seeing.

One of the primary predictions of the climate change caused by the global warming is that there will be wider and wilder swings in the weather, with an overall warming trend. That is exactly what we are seeing.

Oh............OK!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.................why then do ALL the k00ks ONLY post up stuff about warm conditions???????

Jim-Caruso-pressphoto.jpg

The instant that we post something concerning abnormal weather patterns that involve cold, you silly asses immediatly start the "Blame everything including Uncle Tom's gout on global warming".

You fellows and gals really present your side as being products of the short bus. You are either engaged in mindless derision, or you present obvious lies.

The instant that we post something concerning abnormal weather patterns that involve cold, you silly asses immediatly start the "Blame everything including Uncle Tom's gout on global warming".

You fellows and gals really present your side as being products of the short bus. You are either engaged in mindless derision, or you present obvious lies.

Just look at any year there olfraud. You'll see "weather events as defined by the alarmists in every year. Thus how can we take anything they or you say? All of you suffer such an extreme case of myopia as regards history that your assertions now are just simple silly.

south-america-map.gif

Hey guys, can you spot Bolivia on the map? After you have accomplished that, can you then tell where Antarctica lies in relation to Bolivia, and give an approximate distance from Antarctica to Bolivia?

johnstewart_facepalm.gif

south-america-map.gif

Hey guys, can you spot Bolivia on the map? After you have accomplished that, can you then tell where Antarctica lies in relation to Bolivia, and give an approximate distance from Antarctica to Bolivia?

johnstewart_facepalm.gif

Your point is? The last time I looked Bolivia is around 1000 miles from the Equator. It is over 4000 miles from Antarctica. It is however at high elevation which is a more relevant observation. A little less than half of the population live on the Altiplano plateau which is at an average elevation of around 11,000 to 12,000 feet or so (memoery is getting hazy I'm afraid) and that is the area being affected. The last time I flew in to La Paz it was a tad chilly and that was in June. So it is cool there in the winter, but this winter has been especially hard. Much cooler than normal.

south-america-map.gif

johnstewart_facepalm.gif

Your point is? The last time I looked Bolivia is around 1000 miles from the Equator. It is over 4000 miles from Antarctica. It is however at high elevation which is a more relevant observation. A little less than half of the population live on the Altiplano plateau which is at an average elevation of around 11,000 to 12,000 feet or so (memoery is getting hazy I'm afraid) and that is the area being affected. The last time I flew in to La Paz it was a tad chilly and that was in June. So it is cool there in the winter, but this winter has been especially hard. Much cooler than normal.

The title of this thread is "Historic Antarctic Cold snap kills fish!!!!" and then we proceed to be treated to an article that states that the fish were actually in the rivers of Bolivia, which as you stated is 4 times farther away from Antarctica than the Equator.

:eusa_eh:

:cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :lol::lol:
:lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::clap2: :clap2::lol::cuckoo:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::cool::clap2::clap2::eusa_whistle: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::tongue: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing I read here in ages. At first I thought you were serious

Here's what passes for Global Warming "Science"

1. Look! It's warmer! Therefore, Global Warming
2. Look! It's colder! Therefore, Global Warming.

And at no point do the Warmers ever dare test their asinine "theory" in a laboratory

See the problem?

south-america-map.gif

johnstewart_facepalm.gif

The title of this thread is "Historic Antarctic Cold snap kills fish!!!!" and then we proceed to be treated to an article that states that the fish were actually in the rivers of Bolivia, which as you stated is 4 times farther away from Antarctica than the Equator.

I believe it was the newspapers attempt to illustrate how damned cold it is in Bolivia!:lol:

:cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :lol::lol:
:lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::clap2: :clap2::lol::cuckoo:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::cool::clap2::clap2::eusa_whistle: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::tongue: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing I read here in ages. At first I thought you were serious

Is he wrong? And if so, how?

The question you should be asking is the theory wrong. So far the prime theorists have been proven to manipulate data to further their financial and political aims. This is fact.
To obfuscate the fact that NONE of their predictions have come true (Hansens well publicised prediction of temp rise was 300% off and that even after the CO2 level rose MUCH HIGHER than he predicted).

Now let's look at what the climatologists actually do shall we? They are responsible for generating computer models to predict the future climate. That is their science. The test of their theory will quite obviously be to test their computer models against actual recorded weather. So far they can not recreate weather that occured ten days ago. They can't recreate weather that occured 10 years ago, in short their theories fail every time they are tested.

So to try and push policy they present predictions that will hopefully so frighten the civilians that the people will allow onerous laws to be passed to take their wealth away from them and give it to others (like the AGW "scientists and their cronies in government)
so we end up with predictions for everything.

Here is some homework for you. Type a year into google followed by weather. ANY year.
You will be amazed by all the "weather events", as defined by the AGW alarmists, that occure every single year.

Our point is when you predict everything is related to global warming then eventually you will get one correct. That doesn't make your theory right however!

Forum List

Back