Hispeed Access ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Sometimes I wonder why I bother paying for it since almost none of the servers can respond as fast as the connection. Any thoughts on this ... aside from game servers even most video servers don't transfer faster than a few K. More of a gripe but maybe there can be some discussion here.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother paying for it since almost none of the servers can respond as fast as the connection. Any thoughts on this ... aside from game servers even most video servers don't transfer faster than a few K. More of a gripe but maybe there can be some discussion here.

I'm having ATT u-verse installed today---10mbps as opposed to 6---should be ineteresting

Well ... I would love it if the software download servers, other than the repositories, were fast enough so I wouldn't have to wait an hour to download a small 50 meg file. Which is why I am thinking my connection is kind of a waste of money right now. Why not upgrade the servers before the connection speeds so we can use them?

Well ... I would love it if the software download servers, other than the repositories, were fast enough so I wouldn't have to wait an hour to download a small 50 meg file. Which is why I am thinking my connection is kind of a waste of money right now. Why not upgrade the servers before the connection speeds so we can use them?

Cause they love messing with you mind.

Cause they love messing with you mind.

Ack! They know I am downloading .... oh wait ... um :eusa_whistle:

This thread made me think of:

Attachments

• $internets.jpg
    $internets.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 78
I have Verizon FiOS.

50 mbps down, 20 mbps up.

$100 a month.

I have had ZERO problems with this service and highly recommend it. If there's even a hint of a problem, I call FiOS and their service reps and very professional.

I have Verizon FiOS.

50 mbps down, 20 mbps up.

$100 a month.

I have had ZERO problems with this service and highly recommend it. If there's even a hint of a problem, I call FiOS and their service reps and very professional.

I think you missed the point. Though I figured out where the problem is and well, no matter how fast your connection is there are still many servers out there that just can't transfer as fast yet. You have to realize that how quickly you can get data from a site depends on how fast of a connection they have and how fast of a server they have as well. No matter how fast your computer and net connection are, if theirs is only half that you will have only half that. My complaint is this: why am I paying for my speed when most of the servers I go to can't even handle it?

They usually limit transfer speeds because multiple people downloading can take up all the bandwidth very quickly and then people would receive many errors as they tried to download popular items.

Forum List

Back