His team preferred working with "amoral pond scum"

R

rdean

This is so hilarious I wanted to share it.

Lobbyist's e-mails will be used against him - Washington Times

A prosecutor said Thursday that he will use a lobbyist's e-mails about behind-the-scenes dealmaking to convict him of corrupting officials in Congress and the Bush administration.

In one e-mail, lobbyist Kevin Ring wrote that "the ethics thing is a real turn off" and that his team preferred working with "amoral pond scum."

And get this:

And the Supreme Court issued a ruling that weakened the "honest services" law that Mr. Ring has been indicted on to require prosecutors to prove a "quid pro quo" exchange of gifts for official actions.

algae.jpg

I am disappointed rdean, usually I know exactly what you are ranting about. this time I am not sure. Are you upset because SCOTUS struck down an overly broad statute that would allow prosecutors to bring charges against anyone who lost someone money, even if they were entirely upfront about the risk? Or are you upset because this slimeball prefers to work with other slimeballs, and not with honest people?

Last edited:
I don't think he knows.
He did a google search with the words "dealmaking, corruption, Bush & lobbyist" , closed his eyes and picked out a random link from the results.

or he has a fetish for pond scum. one or the other.

Forum List

Back