His Mouth?!?!?!?!?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Officials fear babies contracted herpes during circumcisions

Wednesday, February 2, 2005 Posted: 8:06 AM EST (1306 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- City health officials are investigating the death of a baby boy who was one of three infants to contract herpes after a rabbi circumcised them.

Ten days after Rabbi Yitzhok Fischer performed religious circumcisions on twins last October, one died of herpes and the other tested positive for the virus, according to complaint filed by the health department in Manhattan Supreme Court.

The complaint, reported in Wednesday's edition of the New York Daily News, also said health officials later found a third baby who had contracted herpes after being circumcised by Fischer in late 2003.

Under Jewish law, a mohel -- someone who performs circumcisions -- draws blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth.

Fischer's lawyer, Mark Kurzmann, told the Daily News that Fischer was cooperating with the investigation, although it's unclear whether Fischer submitted to the city's request for a blood test.

"My client is known internationally as a caring, skilled, and conscientious mohel," Kurzmann said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Dan said:
"My client is known internationally as a caring, skilled, and conscientious mohel," Kurzmann said.
NO ONE, today especially, should perform any kind of surgical procedure, religious or not, without being tested.

And using his mouth? Give me a break. This man needs to be shot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.[/QUOTE]

NO ONE, today especially, should perform any kind of surgical procedure, religious or not, without being tested.

NO ONE should perform any kind of surgery with their mouths, either!

:eek:

Why would any parent allow a man to put his mouth on their 6 day old infant son's penis? Is this more religious or something. I am serious. Are there any Jewish members on the board? Is there religious precedent for this?

no1tovote4 said:
:eek:

Why would any parent allow a man to put his mouth on their 6 day old infant son's penis? Is this more religious or something. I am serious. Are there any Jewish members on the board? Is there religious precedent for this?
So far I haven't foound anything about the extracting of blood during the ceremony. And the ritual is usually performed 8 days after the birth; a ceremony before then doesn't count.

Is this more religious or something. I am serious. Are there any Jewish members on the board? Is there religious precedent for this?

The board I got this from has a couple Jewish members, and they said this has been done before, but it's about as common and current as sacrificing virgins.

This guy needs to be put away.

Dan said:
but it's about as common and current as sacrificing virgins.

This guy needs to be put away.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The Orthodox Jew will still do this. And, you have the Reformed Jew who believes in Christ. I know they still do the ceremonies but I don't know to what extent.

Anyway you slice it, :))) I agree. This man needs to be shot.

Joz said:
So far I haven't foound anything about the extracting of blood during the ceremony. And the ritual is usually performed 8 days after the birth; a ceremony before then doesn't count.

Hmm, I thought it was six days, but the original question still stands just substitute 8 for 6.

I can't imagine why I would let this guy perform a bris on my child if I were Jewish, it doesn't appear that it is any more holy to have it done this way.

I don't want any adult males mouth touching my infant child's penis.

Dan said:

NEW YORK (AP) -- City health officials are investigating the death of a baby boy who was one of three infants to contract herpes after a rabbi circumcised them.

Dan, I have to tell you that I would have been happier not knowing about the details of this.

I know that government isn't supposed to meddle in religion and its practices, but surely something like this is waaaaaaaaay over the line.

I'm hard to gross out, but this fills the bill.

Merlin1047 said:
I'm hard to gross out, but this fills the bill.
This is NOT the way the ceremony goes. This is rape, molestation; and death has resulted in the act. I'm for shooting this man!

I can't imagine adhering to this just because I was orthodox. Just because it says we suck blood from the penis doesn't mean that it has to be with the mouth. Suck it out with a surgically clean tool of some kind.

No man would ever be allowed to put my 8 day old son's penis in his mouth for any reason, but especially when it was bleeding.

How many children must die before it is clear that this should be rethought?

Dan, I have to tell you that I would have been happier not knowing about the details of this.

I should've put a warning on it, I guess. Sorry. That's how the AP reported it, though.

How in the hell have they kept this so hush-hush in America for so long ?
Amazing !

This is what I'm wondering. The authorities definitely need to step in here. And, on top of that, this practice NEEDS to stop, I'm no Antisemite, but these folks need to adjust to the times.

Dan said:

Ten days after Rabbi Yitzhok Fischer performed religious circumcisions on twins last October, one died of herpes and the other tested positive for the virus, according to complaint filed by the health department in Manhattan Supreme Court.

The complaint, reported in Wednesday's edition of the New York Daily News, also said health officials later found a third baby who had contracted herpes after being circumcised by Fischer in late 2003.

Under Jewish law, a mohel -- someone who performs circumcisions -- draws blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth.

Fischer's lawyer, Mark Kurzmann, told the Daily News that Fischer was cooperating with the investigation, although it's unclear whether Fischer submitted to the city's request for a blood test.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

he needs to have his nuts cut off now! with how things are today with child molestations, you wanna put your mouth where?
sick fucker indeed

Forum List

Back