Hiroshima drew the short straw

no, why? My love for American isn't tied to some idealistic American exceptionalism.

That's for kids reading comic books.

truth-justice-and-the-american-way-superman-demotivational-poster-1229031316.jpg

Please, you down talk America every chance you get.:eusa_hand:

How many posts on here are promoting Iran as the moral leaders of the world? What you equate as a put down I equate as improving America.

Do you even like 1 thing about America?

Please, you down talk America every chance you get.:eusa_hand:

How many posts on here are promoting Iran as the moral leaders of the world? What you equate as a put down I equate as improving America.

Do you even like 1 thing about America?

The Constitution, the openess of people, the charity of Americans, American football,the diversity of the people,diversity of hot women...

I'm sorry you said one.

The biggest act of Terrorism ever.

Considering how many lives would have been lost in the invasion of Japan it could be argued that it was an act of mercy. An invasion would have cost millions of Japanese lives. The behavior of both the Japanese military and citizens on Okinawa leaves little room for doubt of the genocide that would have occurred.

Some say a demonstration of the bomb's power would have been more humane, but the Japanese refusal to surrender after the first atomic bomb was dropped demonstrates this strategy would not have worked.

Also, the comment "greatest act of terrorism ever" sounds like a ridiculous cry for attention. There was a war between the two counties at the time. The bombing was a military operation. If you are going to include war time operations, why not the bombing of Dresdan or the Siege of Leningrad, both of which cost many more lives.

First off,if I was looking for attention I would have bumbed my thread on this topic. To suggest Japan wanted to still fight because they didn't surrender fast enough is ridiculous. Using cliche propaganda like"it saved millions of American lives" is just an attemt to rationalize the needless killing of women and children. But my point was not to make a moral judgement on the use of the A-bomb. I am just saying that the dropping the A-bomb had no military porpose and was just for political advantage.

Greatest act of terroism ever" was a ridiculous plea for attention.......own up to it.

The atomic bomb resulted the surrender of Japan which was the military objective. I guess you could call that a political objective also.

Actually I was stating that the bomb saved millions of Japanese lives. As far as needless killing of women and children, that was pretty much how the war went. All counties pursued this policy from the German bombing of Rotterdam, the Russian plunder of Eastern Germany, the brutal Japanese occupation, and Briitish night bombing of cities. Why single out the atomic bombings?

"Japan did not surrender fast enough?" Without the atomic bomb an invasion might well have been necessary.

Let me see if I got this right...

1 - When palestinians blow up israeli buses and pizza parlors crowded with civilians to achive a political goal (forcing the jewish racial dictatorship to recognise their right to live in western Palestine) this is a brutal, unambiguous act of terrorism.

2 - But when America vaporise two japanese cities crowded with civilians to achieve a political goal (Japan's surrender) it's just "a necessary act to quickly end the war", an "act of mercy" to spare the lives of millions of japanese civilians.

Jesus Christ!!

Mankind wonders if there is intelligent life outside our planet... but I'm still busy with a much more fundamental issue.

I wonder if there is intelligent life inside the head of a super patriotic american clown...

All the signs coming from this Board strongly indicate that there isn't.

José;4744890 said:
Let me see if I got this right...

1 - When palestinians blow up israeli buses and pizza parlors crowded with civilians to achive a political goal (forcing the jewish racial dictatorship to recognise their right to live in western Palestine) this is a brutal, unambiguous act of terrorism.

2 - But when America vaporise two japanese cities crowded with civilians to achieve a political goal (Japan's surrender) it's just "a necessary act to quickly end the war", an "act of mercy" to spare the lives of millions of japanese civilians.

Jesus Christ!!

Mankind wonders if there is intelligent life outside our planet... but I'm still busy with a much more fundamental issue.

I wonder if there is intelligent life inside the head of a super patriotic american clown...

All the signs coming from this Board strongly indicate that there isn't.

Jose,

Actually you make a very good point.

I never said dropping the atomic bomb was an act of mercy, only that one could argue such since doing so might have saved lives in the long run. In reality, dropping the bomb was an act of war. There were military targets in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but they could have been destroyed in a more discriminate manner. I do object to singling out the atomic bombings as the greatest act of terrorism above other acts. In the end does it matter whether you were killed in a Dresden firestorm, a Tokyo fire boming or an atomic blast. WW II was practiced as a total war. One might want to think who started the conflict and for what aims.

I will say the the conduct of the United States was no worse than, and probably more humane than the conduct of other counties in WW II.

As far as there being no intelligent life on this board, you see what you will see. My suggestion is to drop the personal attacks and taking God's name in vain, as your argument stands well on its own merits.

The projected losses of an Invasion were estimated to be 1 million allied casualties with over 100000 dead. For Japan it was likely a civilization ender. The plans by Japan had all able bodied civilians arming themselves with bamboo spears and human wave attacking the landing sites. MILLIONS would have died.

And no Japan had no intention of surrendering before the second atomic bomb was dropped. The Army ran the Government and the only "offer" they made was a ceasefire and return to the Borders of Nov 1941.

Do I need to link my source documents again?

The 'There was no choice!' refrain is a cheap out by simpletons who can't or don't want to consider what is a complex moral and historical issue.

The 'civilians on the beach with sticks' bit is especially asinine.

Of course, this is where stereotypes, overgeneralizations, and outright ignorance usually enters into the discussion.

So facts and reality do not mean anything to you? We have source documents from the Japanese that prove all the points I have made, we have the fact they were actively mobilizing civilians , arming them with bamboo spears and ordering all able bodied civilians to mobilize. We have the fact that after MONTHS of fire bombing and saturation bombing, the Japanese Government could neither feed the populous nor provide a heating source for the coming winter yet they REFUSED to surrender. We have the fact that even after 2 ATOMIC BOMBS the Government REFUSED to surrender. But we are to believe they would surrender if we ask them nicely?

You people amaze the shit out of me. I really love the one about having facts to prove otherwise but they are all still classified. Exactly how does one know what those supposed facts are? We have SOURCE documents from the Government of the US, From the Military, from intercepts and from the Japanese Government, but somehow there is more still classified that somehow proves all we DO know was false.

There is a word for you delusional people.

Considering how many lives would have been lost in the invasion of Japan it could be argued that it was an act of mercy. An invasion would have cost millions of Japanese lives. The behavior of both the Japanese military and citizens on Okinawa leaves little room for doubt of the genocide that would have occurred.

Some say a demonstration of the bomb's power would have been more humane, but the Japanese refusal to surrender after the first atomic bomb was dropped demonstrates this strategy would not have worked.

Also, the comment "greatest act of terrorism ever" sounds like a ridiculous cry for attention. There was a war between the two counties at the time. The bombing was a military operation. If you are going to include war time operations, why not the bombing of Dresdan or the Siege of Leningrad, both of which cost many more lives.

First off,if I was looking for attention I would have bumbed my thread on this topic. To suggest Japan wanted to still fight because they didn't surrender fast enough is ridiculous. Using cliche propaganda like"it saved millions of American lives" is just an attemt to rationalize the needless killing of women and children. But my point was not to make a moral judgement on the use of the A-bomb. I am just saying that the dropping the A-bomb had no military porpose and was just for political advantage.

Which is a STRAIGHT UP LIE. The bombs ended the war, without them it is highly unlikely the Emperor would have intervened before at least one Island was invaded in November. Millions of dead Japanese civilians would have occurred along with lots of dead Japanese soldiers and allied troops.

The projected losses of an Invasion were estimated to be 1 million allied casualties with over 100000 dead. For Japan it was likely a civilization ender. The plans by Japan had all able bodied civilians arming themselves with bamboo spears and human wave attacking the landing sites. MILLIONS would have died.

And no Japan had no intention of surrendering before the second atomic bomb was dropped. The Army ran the Government and the only "offer" they made was a ceasefire and return to the Borders of Nov 1941.

Do I need to link my source documents again?

The 'There was no choice!' refrain is a cheap out by simpletons who can't or don't want to consider what is a complex moral and historical issue.

Of course, this is where stereotypes, overgeneralizations, and outright ignorance usually enters into the discussion.

So facts and reality do not mean anything to you? We have source documents from the Japanese that prove all the points I have made, we have the fact they were actively mobilizing civilians , arming them with bamboo spears and ordering all able bodied civilians to mobilize. We have the fact that after MONTHS of fire bombing and saturation bombing, the Japanese Government could neither feed the populous nor provide a heating source for the coming winter yet they REFUSED to surrender. We have the fact that even after 2 ATOMIC BOMBS the Government REFUSED to surrender. But we are to believe they would surrender if we ask them nicely?

You people amaze the shit out of me. I really love the one about having facts to prove otherwise but they are all still classified. Exactly how does one know what those supposed facts are? We have SOURCE documents from the Government of the US, From the Military, from intercepts and from the Japanese Government, but somehow there is more still classified that somehow proves all we DO know was false.

Information is wasted on fools like you because you lack the capacity to understand it. You are simply too dim-witted to analyze information so you latch onto whatever you think supports your pre-determined conclusions and stop even trying to think.

Information is wasted on fools like you because you lack the capacity to understand it. You are simply too dim-witted to analyze information so you latch onto whatever you think supports your pre-determined conclusions and stop even trying to think.

What INFORMATION? I have the SOURCE DOCUMENTS, from ALL sources. It lays it out plain and simple. The Japanese Government was NOT going to surrender. Even after 2 atomic bombs they made demands on what they were willing to accept, and no it was not just let us keep the Emperor. READ the damn things.

The one that can not fathom information is you.

It's amazing to read some of the REVISIONIST HISTORY on this topic. Laughable, and at the same time, very sad.

Happens about every 4 to 6 months on this board, that is why I have the source documents page BOOKMARKED. And it is usually the same people getting owned every time.

I love the "keyboard historians" in here. You obviously know what you are talking about, and I certainly concur with your statements and your legitimate sources. Since I am a REAL bonafide "historian", I am confident I have FORGOTTEN more about American history than the keyboard historians could ever hope to know.

This is just another case of the bleeding heart liberals in this forum assigning blame and pointing fingers at the "evil" and "heartless" and "bloodthirsty" American "imperialists".

Funny thing is, it was DEMOCRAT Presidents who presided over every major war in the 20th century. The liberals have no response to that fact. They prefer to keep their "curtain" tightly closed.

I have the SOURCE DOCUMENTS, from ALL sources. It lays it out plain and simple. .

Thanks for proving my point, you dim-wit. Repeat the words "source documents" in caps over and over instead of trying to think. That seems to be your comfort zone.

Forum List

Back