Hiroshima and Nagasaki - did they really end the war.

Imagine a hick former clothing store manager from Missouri with a high school education having his finger on the trigger of Atomic weapons. When he woke up one morning in 1945 and found himself president of the United States Truman admitted that he had no clue. Maybe that's what democrats intended when they ran him for V.P. while FDR was dying or mentally unfit due to a series of strokes. The media never saw a democrat they didn't like so they inflated Truman's legacy even though he couldn't even win a primary for a second full term and dropped out of politics. Japan was always the intended target for a test of Atomic weapons on humans. The book "First into Nagasaki" was compiled from a series of articles written by Pulitzer winner George Weller who worked for the A.P. Every article about the Atomic devistation was spiked by MacArther (who was appointed the new emperor of Japan) and was never printed. Weller's son found carbon copies after his father's death and they were published.

whitehall has removed any doubt about his dedication to untruths and fabrication. For shame.

Jakie, maybe you and I had a different educational experience but you don't get to words like fabrication and shame unless you prove me wrong.

You have been proven wrong by other posters commentary. You and Weller are wrong.

The use of the bombs were essential for the Emperor to wrest power from the military.

No, the Japanese government was not about to surrender. Any such proposition is not supported by the facts.

whitehall has removed any doubt about his dedication to untruths and fabrication. For shame.

Jakie, maybe you and I had a different educational experience but you don't get to words like fabrication and shame unless you prove me wrong.

Fakey doesn't do proof. He thinks his say-so should be sufficient for us proles.

Daveman is being silly as usual. He does not understand that position has to fit the narrative of the facts, not the facts fit the narrative.

daveman's jealousies and pettishness leads him to making many foolish statements.

"War is the application of force.
And to that 'force' there is no limit, say the philosophers of war"

"Victory at Sea", Episode "Two if by Sea", March 8, 1953, NBC Television Network
But that was before the era of ownership by the politically correct, Obama obeissant, GE, Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann, when the sons of the network heads served their country alongside the children of the people from "Flyover Country", the ones we find today still "Bitterly clinging to their God and their guns", and these sons of the network heads were proud enough of their service accomplishments to force their father's network to produce a documentary of their achievements.

I cling to guns and God, but I have no fear of those who don't. We are not going back, ever, to the way things were in late fifties and early sixties.

Fakey doesn't do proof. He thinks his say-so should be sufficient for us proles.

Daveman is being silly as usual. He does not understand that position has to fit the narrative of the facts, not the facts fit the narrative.
Yet another unsubstantiated claim by Fakey.

Whitehall thinks the Japanese did not surrender due to the bombs and you support him?

Whitehall certainly thinks the Atomic bombs caused Japan to surrender then just as they would cause Afghanistan to surrender today but they were not necessary. Japan was defeated in the air, on land and at sea and we were raiding Japan in daylight raids killing civilians with fire bombs. The Bomb was close to reality from 1943 and there is no evidence that it was ever intended to be used in Europe. Japan was always the assumed target. Our government's racism toward Japan is what prevented us from reasonable preparation for war in the Pacific even when we knew war was iminent. US citizens of Japanese descent on the West Coast were rounded up and placed behind barbed wire after Pearl Harbor but the Japanese on Hawaii were not incarcerated because they were needed to make coffee for the Admirals every day. Harry Truman wasn't even aware of the Manhattan project for a month after he found himself president and three months later he signed the order to use it. The eggheads who thought up the project and helped to make Atomic warfare a reality faded like rats into the background after they saw their pet project used on human beings.

Last edited:

Whitehall thinks the Japanese did not surrender due to the bombs and you support him?

Whitehall certainly thinks the Atomic bombs caused Japan to surrender then just as they would cause Afghanistan to surrender today but they were not necessary. Japan was defeated in the air, on land and at sea and we were raiding Japan in daylight raids killing civilians with fire bombs. The Bomb was close to reality from 1943 and there is no evidence that it was ever intended to be used in Europe. Japan was always the assumed target. Our government's racism toward Japan is what prevented us from reasonable preparation for war in the Pacific even when we knew war was iminent. US citizens of Japanese descent on the West Coast were rounded up and placed behind barbed wire after Pearl Harbor but the Japanese on Hawaii were not incarcerated because they were needed to make coffee for the Admirals every day. Harry Truman wasn't even aware of the Manhattan project for a month after he found himself president and three months later he signed the order to use it. The eggheads who thought up the project and helped to make Atomic warfare a reality faded like rats into the background after they saw their pet project used on human beings.

Yes Japan was defeated, but thier national pride prevented them from accepting the fact. The Bomb was not ready in time for Europe, or they would have assuredly used it. We were also unprepared for war with Germany, as the "Happy Time" for U Boats in early 1942 clearly showed.

Since people of Japanese descent made up about 35% of Hawaii's population thier impact on the economy was far greater than making coffee for admirals. Plus Hawaii as a territory instead of a state was placed into martial law, basically providing for control over suspected japanese espionage activities.

Thousands of German Americans were rounded up through out the Country. About 6500 held almost till 1947. So much for that theory. The Japanese Americans got their day in Court the German Americans never did.

daveman's jealousies and pettishness leads him to making many foolish statements.
And who am I allegedly jealous of, kid? You? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Once again, you will refuse to accept that I'm laughing AT you. :lol:

daveman, I know that the fool you are does not get it. However, the informed and well-read do get it, that you and your ilk are here only for grins and chuckles, for our amusement.

Whitehall's opinion is contradicted by the facts of the matter.

The bombs were essential to Japan's surrender.

I wonder if the Japanese sit around on message boards like this and talk about what they could have done differently to win the war?

Very interesting question.

For Japan a win would have needed Russia to collapse. At that point American interest in preserving England might have led to a settlement with Japan, but even then I doubt it.

I wonder if the Japanese sit around on message boards like this and talk about what they could have done differently to win the war?

For Japan a win would have needed Russia to collapse. At that point American interest in preserving England might have led to a settlement with Japan, but even then I doubt it.

Do you think Japan would have been satisfied just defeating us in the Pacific, or would they have tried to come on the mainland like we did with them?

Do you think Japan would have been satisfied just defeating us in the Pacific, or would they have tried to come on the mainland like we did with them?

Japan had no desire to invade or hold US territory. They knew they did not have the forces to do it. At most they would have tried to take Hawaii as a picket territory. Thier territorial goals were in China and the pacific islands. In particular they needed Borneo for the oil supplies it had.

Japan's basic strategy to win was to force the US into one big Naval battle, defeat it, and then accept a basic peace treaty that left them in charge of the Pacific Ocean and eastern asia.

Maybe 40-50 years later, if they had conquered China and turned the Chinese into willing puppets would they have the manpower to take the US on with the intent to conquer it, and that would be a longshot still.

And who am I allegedly jealous of, kid? You? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Once again, you will refuse to accept that I'm laughing AT you. :lol:

daveman, I know that the fool you are does not get it. However, the informed and well-read do get it, that you and your ilk are here only for grins and chuckles, for our amusement.
Oh, I get it, all right. :lol:

You think so highly of yourself (Gaea knows why -- you've certainly never demonstrated any justification for your arrogance) that you simply can't imagine that people laugh at you. You have to invent all sorts of insane reasons for not accepting that you're the recipient of derision.

Get over yourself, kid. You ain't all that. You ain't even a bag of chips.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Me laughing AT you again.

You think so highly of yourself (Gaea knows why -- you've certainly never demonstrated any justification for your arrogance) that you simply can't imagine that people laugh at you. You have to invent all sorts of insane reasons for not accepting that you're the recipient of derision.

What a super world that even the 'yous' get to post. :lol: It makes my heart warm.

What a super world that even the 'yous' get to post. :lol: It makes my heart warm.

No, that's an Obama tingle running down your leg, you stupid moonbat. :lol:

No, that's an Obama tingle running down your leg, you stupid moonbat. :lol:

:lol: says the moonbat as he darts erratically in a sublunary orbit :lol:

keep posting, daveman

Forum List

Back