Hint: the info you may need and will need

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
these are hints on dealing with aging parent, things i wished someone had told me:

when you have to go to the doctor with them....you need the following info:

what meds they are taking and what the dosages are.

if they are on tricare: the birthday of the spouser named on tricare card.

make sure they have all the photo id crap and cards. who the hell still has their damn social security card?

these are hints on dealing with aging parent, things i wished someone had told me:

when you have to go to the doctor with them....you need the following info:

what meds they are taking and what the dosages are.

if they are on tricare: the birthday of the spouser named on tricare card.

make sure they have all the photo id crap and cards. who the hell still has their damn social security card?

Not worrying at all about that nonsense.

When the time comes (parents are only 66 and 71 and in darned decent health), my sister "the perfect child", who has been spoiled, coddled, babied and fawned over by our parents her entire life can have the honors.

I'll make sure to send a check to help with their expenses. :D

My mother is on her own as far as I'm concerned. i too have a sister who was the second coming as far as the family is concerned. so she can deal with it and I won't be sending her any money.

i haven't spoken to either of them in years and don't plan to any time soon.

My brothers and sister have the brunt of it. They take turns taking my Dad to dialysis and chemo. I take my Mom to Arthur Ave every 2 weeks. They tell me that Dad is usually the only senior citizen at the doctors accompanied by a child

My mother is on her own as far as I'm concerned. i too have a sister who was the second coming as far as the family is concerned. so she can deal with it and I won't be sending her any money.

i haven't spoken to either of them in years and don't plan to any time soon.

Note I said *a* check.

As in a single check payable to my sister for $0.01. :D I know, I'm an evil, evil bitch.

But...since she "married well", has the "right" amount in her checking account(s), the "right" husband with the "right" job, and the "right" only child son, the "right" house in the "right" neighborhood and drives the "right" vehicle, I am sure our Mother would much prefer my sister do the caretaking than me and my children.

And....I don't feel too badly about that at all. Except that I'd miss my Dad a bunch! :D

well this thread has taken an odd turn

Sorry. Not every one has the sweet, loveable cookie baking grey haired grandma for an aging mom/parent.

My Mom is a crotchety, domineering old bitch (and it hasn't gotten better as she has gotten older, either). We can barely stand being in the same room for an hour, let alone living in the same house and allowing me to care for her in her old age. No thanks.

My Dad, he's another story. If Mom goes first, I'd gladly take Dad and keep him until his dying breath. How he has put up with Mom for 50 years is beyond me. He is a truly kind and honorable, wonderful gentleman, and I miss him dearly. :(

Forum List

Back