Hillarys motorcade pelted with tomatoes, shoes in Egypt

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well thank god it wasn't akin to say, Nixon's Venezuelan visit.

It surprised me though in that considering the time and effort Obama has spent addressing the ME, his adroit diplomacy, mending fences etc. I would have thought our stature and reputation would have been greatly enhanced.......

Protests as Clinton holds meetings in Egypt

Cairo (CNN) -- Egyptian protesters threw tomatoes and shoes at U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's motorcade Sunday and shouted, "Monica, Monica, Monica" as she left the newly reopened U.S. Consulate in Alexandria.

Clinton said she was in the city to answer critics who believe Washington has taken sides in Egyptian politics. There were already vocal protesters at the start of her visit to the consulate, forcing the ceremony to be moved inside.

"I want to be clear that the United States is not in the business, in Egypt, of choosing winners and losers, even if we could, which, of course, we cannot," Clinton said at the ceremony to reopen the consulate, which was closed in 1993 because of budget constraints.

more at-

Protests as Clinton holds meetings in Egypt - CNN.com

It surprised me though in that considering the time and effort Obama has spent addressing the ME, his adroit diplomacy, mending fences etc. I would have thought our stature and reputation would have been greatly enhanced.......

Cairo (CNN) -- Egyptian protesters threw tomatoes and shoes at U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's motorcade Sunday and shouted, "Monica, Monica, Monica" as she left the newly reopened U.S. Consulate in Alexandria.

Clinton said she was in the city to answer critics who believe Washington has taken sides in Egyptian politics. There were already vocal protesters at the start of her visit to the consulate, forcing the ceremony to be moved inside.

"I want to be clear that the United States is not in the business, in Egypt, of choosing winners and losers, even if we could, which, of course, we cannot," Clinton said at the ceremony to reopen the consulate, which was closed in 1993 because of budget constraints.

more at-

Were they talking about Monica Lewinsky?

more at-

Ah yes, another brainac attempt at humor.

more at-

humor? how so?

more at-

humor? how so?

see bolded

What? No rose petals for wiping out Mubarek and getting terrorists instated into the power structure? :dunno:

I didn't know we had military operations in Egypt.
We didn't, but we did have something worse. A lying White House claiming influence after the fact, putting lipstick on a pig at every turn. Now Egypt is securely in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood, and there isn't a thing Obama can do about it. His harshest critics say that's exactly what he wanted in the first place, but not me. I'm a bystander who doesn't know.

Obama wasn't the only one who didn't know what was going on in Egypt. CIA Director Leon Panetta testified before the House Permanent Committee on Intelligence that he'd based his opinion on CNN media reports! :rolleyes:

National Intelligence Director James Clapper told the same committee that the Muslim Brotherhood is a "largely secular" group which has avoided violence.
"That comes as quite a surprise to Steve Emerson, founder of the Invesigative Project on Terrorism, because the official motto of the Muslim Brotherhood is "Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Quran is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." Barbara Simpson

It has been documented that the Muslim Brotherhood has motivation to create an Islamic state in the USA.

That will effectively destroy what is left of this Republic after Obama mandates whatever law he deems is desirable to himself and George Soros from the Bully Pulpit.

Obama seems to be silent while terrorists further destabilize the Middle East and Israel gets more threats from Ahmadinejad in Iran.

more at-

Were they talking about Monica Lewinsky?
Yes. It was a taunt against an American President's wife and America's current Secretary of State.

Had Mubarek been left alone that flat out wouldn't have happened.

Forum List

Back