Hillary's Jumping Ship? Will We See a Campaign Committee Formed Soon?

Will Hillary make another run for the oval office in 2012?

• I think she'll run and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No chance and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • It depends and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Okay, I don't have a link (yet) and will post one as soon as I can locate one from a credible source. But I've heard on Fox News, ABC TV and ABC radio news today speculation that Hillary Clinton is not happy in her current role and may be bailing out as Secretary of State soon.

What do you think? Any truth to the rumor?

And if true, does that signal a challenge to President Obama in 2012 IF his approval ratings continue to slip?

Last edited:
No. It's too late.

Hillary would have had to quit last year. Now, with the situations in Egypt, Libya, Bahrain, etc. combined with the tragedy in Japan, bailing before the end of Obama's first term will make her look like a Big Rat. She can't run against him while she is Secretary of State. She is in A Pickle.

I will make one caveat: If Obama decides not to run for reelection, then Hillary will run. But I doubt The One will do that.

Last edited:
Interesting perspective. From what I'm hearing though, she is really crossways in principle with a lot of the Annointed One's foreign policy and the way he is handling various criticial situations. And if that sentiment gains momentum, I'm wondering if she doesn't see it as an opportunity to explain how she would do it differently or better?

She'd have to resign as Secretary of State to do that. She can't campaign on how she differs from him while representing his policy.

If she did resign soon, she then invokes the Big Rat Quitter reputation.

Note to Rat in the Hat - Hillary is not Your Kind of Rat.

No. More than likely she will continue being Secretary of State. I heard somewhere she might replace Robert Gates as Secretary of Defense. Regardless of if she replaces Robert Gates or not, she will continue to build her credentials until a possible presidential run in 2016 or beyond. I think she is building a great image as an excellent stateswoman.

She may bail as Sec'y of State, but she's not 'jumping ship'. If she quits as Sec'y of State, look for her on the lecture circuit. She'll get major coin and continued support. Maybe, sometime four years from now, she'll get her presidential committee going.

Hillary's a soldier, a boy scout. No Ted Kennedy-style run against an incumbent for her.

never a doubt... she's a rodham-clinton, which now that i see it in print might actually be worse than weiner, unfortunate names.

I wouldnt mind if Obama's dog announced it is running. I'd vote for it.

No. It's too late.

Hillary would have had to quit last year. Now, with the situations in Egypt, Libya, Bahrain, etc. combined with the tragedy in Japan, bailing before the end of Obama's first term will make her look like a Big Rat. She can't run against him while she is Secretary of State. She is in A Pickle.

I will make one caveat: If Obama decides not to run for reelection, then Hillary will run. But I doubt The One will do that.

she is a big rat bod, the kind that can win the primary. she'll find the right bone to pick.
mark penn is probably already polling, usin some o that stimulus spendin' money. the sec state job will only bolster her sanctimony, this is human nature.

Last edited:
We seem to be building a consensus here. And that consensus has some support elsewhere even from Hillary herself:

In an interview to air at 8pm tonight on PBS's Tavis Smiley Reports, Hillary Clinton tells Smiley she does not envision serving as Secretary of State for a second term. She also tells Smiley she is "absolutely not interested" in another presidential run:

TAVIS SMILEY: Finally, there’s already speculation about whether or not Secretary Clinton is going to do this for the full first time, and whether or not she has any interest if asked to stay on to do it for eight years? You see how tough the job is, can you imagine yourself doing all four years and, if asked, doing it for another four years?

HILLARY CLINTON: No, I really can’t. I mean, it is just…

TAVIS SMILEY: No to what? All four or eight?

HILLARY CLINTON: The whole, the whole eight, I mean, that that would be very challenging. But I, you know, I don't wanna make any predictions sitting here, I’m honored to serve, I serve at the pleasure of the President, but it’s a, it’s a 24/7 job, and I think at some point, I will be very happy to LAUGHS pass it on to someone else.

More here:
Clinton signals not a two-term Secretary of State - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com

But there are some analysts out there who think she will:

From Dennis Mansfield (and note Morris's column that he links.)

I believe that President Obama's performance ratings will so sour the Democratic Party that he will make Jimmy Carter's Presidency look like it was historic and strong.

Simply put, it's been 32 years since a sitting President was challenged by a member of his own party. Carter beat Kennedy in August of 1980.

Carter then lost to Reagan in November of 1980.

Democratic Party members who have an institutional memory remember that fact.

And they will not forget it in 2012.

Hillary Clinton is in an unusually strong position to run and win.

For my money, the stars may well align themselves for just such a run and nomination win.

President Obama will be a victim of his own motto: "Change".

PS: Here's what Dick Morris also had to say about it in Townhall.com. Good reasoning, too...
DennisMansfield.com: Hillary Clinton WILL run for President in 2012...bet me!

Whatever one thinks about Dick Morris personally, he was the one who singlehandedly orchestrated the Bill Clinton image in the Presidency and in so doing got to know both Bill and Hillary very very well. His political instincts sometimes miss the mark but his perceptions rarely do.

The poll question requires, or prompts, the responder to give the reasons for the answer.

I already posted my opinion in another thread, but I feel it is perfectly appropriate to use most of that post to satisfy the poll question.

Anyways, here goes:

I think it's pretty clear what's happening....and I am a 1000% correct on this one:

Hellary is an ONE MILLION % power hungry political animal. Anyone that carefully considered Hellary's political life KNOWS (not "thinks he knows") that Hellary's chief abiding reason for her existence is to be President of the United States of America.

So, it is not at all surprising that Hellary is beginning to make her power play against the semi-exposed MONUMENTAL FRAUD, Pathologically LYING Stone Cold MARXIST Obami Salaami for HER bid for the Presidency in 2012.

And, this hellatious crunt Hellary will be a helluva lot harder to beat than the semi-black Political Charlatan Obami Salaami.

Therefore, I am slightly split about who will win out in the 2012 DEM PRIMARY ELECTIONS !!!

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Hellary will be tougher to beat by the Republicans ........ so logically ......a guy like me, who is not really a Republican but just a VOCIFEROUS Anti-LibTURD .... is torn between loving it that Obami-Salaami (the DANGEROUS DISASTER for America) will be eliminated by HELLARY......but.....as I stated Hellary is ALSO a LibTURD.....so it's replacing one LibTURD with another !!!

MY DECISION ( and the decision for anyone truly loving America): It is IMPERATIVE (AT ALL COSTS) to get rid of the MOST DANGEROUS THREAT TO THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE IN ALL OF AMERICA'S HISTORY.....and that is the MONUMENTAL FRAUD & PATHOLOGICAL LYING, STONE COLD MARXIST OBAMI SALAAMI !!! And therefore I hope Hellary (a contemptible LibTURD though she may be.....and harder to beat) wins the PREDICTABLE battle between her and the semi-black Political Charlatan Obami Salaami in the DEM Primary Elections !!!

BTW, the extreme Lefty Whackjobs in the Dem Party.....and there are quite a few of them on this Forum.....will try to deflect the OBVIOUS run for the Presidency by Hellary to better position their preference: the STONE COLD MARXIST Obami Salaami.

It will be interesting to observe their bullshit regarding this matter.

Last edited:
Okay, I don't have a link (yet) and will post one as soon as I can locate one from a credible source. But I've heard on Fox News, ABC TV and ABC radio news today speculation that Hillary Clinton is not happy in her current role and may be bailing out as Secretary of State soon.

And if true, does that signal a challenge to President Obama in 2012 IF his approval ratings continue to slip?

I think Obama's indecisiveness on Libya is the straw breaking her back. How Ironic that her 3 Am Phone call add ended up being pure Truth. We have gotten several of those 3am calls since Obama took office, and so far he has not even answered the damn phone on time.

I think she has said she has no intention of running and this would be her last public service office.
I don't know why but in this case I believe her.

No. It's too late.

Wrong, she will not look like a big Rat if she appears to be doing it because of a serious lack of Leadership Ability on the part of Obama.

If she sites all the times she thinks(as do many others) that Obama has dropped the ball already as her reason for challenging, I think not only would she not piss anyone but the Far far left off, but I think she would have a legitimate shot at winning.

Obama really has been that bad, and it is becoming harder and harder for even his most die hard supporters to hide just how incompetent he has been.

Last edited:

I don't think she will run for office. I think she's burned out and she is completely disgusted with how things are being handled.

I've been saying for over a year now that Hillary will be the Democratic nominee. Obama will not run for re-election thereby paving the way for Hillary's nomination. There is just too much toxicity in the Obama administration and Obama will realize he has no chance for a second term. I think Hillary senses this also and she setting the stage for her ascension.

I saw on the ticker at Fox News that she was not going to be the secretary of state for a 2nd term and that she is thinking of running for President.

Question: Has there ever been a sitting President that lost in the primaries?

No. It's too late.

Wrong, she will not look like a big Rat if she appears to be doing it because of a serious lack of Leadership Ability on the part of Obama.

If she sites all the times she thinks(as do many others) that Obama has dropped the ball already as her reason for challenging, I think not only would she not piss anyone but the Far far left off, but I think she would have a legitimate shot at winning.

Obama really has been that bad, and it is becoming harder and harder for even his most die hard supporters to hide just how incompetent he has been.

I haven't formed a firm opinion yet, but I tend to think this is a real possibility IF Obama continues to drop balls and appear to be clueless and incompetent to more and more people or IF he appears to have an agenda that is unacceptable to most of mainstream America, she could see an opportunity to be the knight in shining armor selflessly putting herself in the position of saving us all. The Democrats simply don't have ANYBODY waiting in the wings with the star power that she still commands.

Forum List

Back