HILLARY!: "What difference does it make?"...

just the facts ma'am

Put it all together

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
What was Secretary Clinton referring to?

“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. If it was because of a protest or if it was because guys out for a walk decided to go kill some Americans. What difference at this point does it make?

“It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer my questions about this but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get the best information … but you know, to be clear, it is from my perspective, less important today looking backward as to why these militants decided to do it, as to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.”

We all know the Secretary is well respected and that no one with any credibility has accused her of lying because there is no credible reason for her to lie...

But we in America have a conspiracy fringe that is alive and well..

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh2: :rofl: :rofl:

---

The ARB

FINDINGS
In examining the circumstances of these attacks, the Accountability Review Board for Benghazi determined that:

1. The attacks were security related, involving arson, small arms and machine gun fire, and the use of RPGs, grenades, and mortars against U.S. personnel at two separate facilities – the SMC and the Annex – and en route between them. Responsibility for the tragic loss of life, injuries, and damage to U.S. facilities and property rests solely and completely with the terrorists who perpetrated the attacks. The Board concluded that there was no protest prior to the attacks, which were unanticipated in their scale and intensity.

2. Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus of the State Department (the “Department”) resulted in a Special Mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.

Security in Benghazi was not recognized and implemented as a “shared responsibility” by the bureaus in Washington charged with supporting the post, resulting in stove-piped discussions and decisions on policy and security. That said, Embassy Tripoli did not demonstrate strong and sustained advocacy with Washington for increased security for Special Mission Benghazi.

The short-term, transitory nature of Special Mission Benghazi’s staffing, with talented and committed, but relatively inexperienced, American personnel often on temporary assignments of 40 days or less, resulted in diminished institutional knowledge, continuity, and mission capacity.

Overall, the number of Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) security staff in Benghazi on the day of the attack and in the months and weeks leading up to it was inadequate, despite repeated requests from Special Mission Benghazi and Embassy Tripoli for additional staffing. Board members found a pervasive realization among personnel who served in Benghazi that the Special Mission was not a high priority for Washington when it came to security-related requests, especially those relating to staffing.

The insufficient Special Mission security platform was at variance with the appropriate Overseas Security Policy Board (OSPB) standards with respect to perimeter and interior security. Benghazi was also severely under-resourced with regard to certain needed security equipment, although DS funded and installed in 2012 a number of physical security upgrades.

These included heightening the outer perimeter wall, safety grills on safe area egress windows, concrete jersey barriers, manual drop-arm vehicle barriers, a steel gate for the Villa C safe area, some locally manufactured steel doors, sandbag fortifications, security cameras, some additional security lighting, guard booths, and an Internal Defense Notification System.

Special Mission Benghazi’s uncertain future after 2012 and its “non-status” as a temporary, residential facility made allocation of resources for security and personnel more difficult, and left responsibility to meet security standards to the working-level in the field, with very limited resources.

In the weeks and months leading up to the attacks, the response from post, Embassy Tripoli, and Washington to a deteriorating security situation was inadequate. At the same time, the SMC’s dependence on the armed but poorly skilled Libyan February 17 Martyrs’ Brigade (February 17) militia members and unarmed, locally contracted Blue Mountain Libya (BML) guards for security support was misplaced.

Although the February 17 militia had proven effective in responding to improvised explosive device (IED) attacks on the Special Mission in April and June 2012, there were some troubling indicators of its reliability in the months and weeks preceding the September attacks. At the time of Ambassador Stevens’ visit, February 17 militia members had stopped accompanying Special Mission vehicle movements in protest over salary and working hours.

Post and the Department were well aware of the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks but at no time were there ever any specific, credible threats against the mission in Benghazi related to the September 11 anniversary. Ambassador Stevens and Benghazi-based DS agents had taken the anniversary into account and decided to hold all meetings on-compound on September 11.

The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice. Timing for his trip was driven in part by commitments in Tripoli, as well as a staffing gap between principal officers in Benghazi. Plans for the Ambassador’s trip provided for minimal close protection security support and were not shared thoroughly with the Embassy’s country team, who were not fully aware of planned movements off compound.

The Ambassador did not see a direct threat of an attack of this nature and scale on the U.S. Mission in the overall negative trendline of security incidents from spring to summer 2012. His status as the leading U.S. government advocate on Libya policy, and his expertise on Benghazi in particular, caused Washington to give unusual deference to his judgments.

Communication, cooperation, and coordination among Washington, Tripoli, and Benghazi functioned collegially at the working-level but were constrained by a lack of transparency, responsiveness, and leadership at the senior levels. Among various Department bureaus and personnel in the field, there appeared to be very real confusion over who, ultimately, was responsible and empowered to make decisions based on both policy and security considerations.

3. Notwithstanding the proper implementation of security systems and procedures and remarkable heroism shown by American personnel, those systems and the Libyan response fell short in the face of a series of attacks that began with the sudden penetration of the Special Mission compound by dozens of armed attackers.

The Board found the responses by both the BML guards and February 17 to be inadequate. The Board’s inquiry found little evidence that the armed February 17 guards offered any meaningful defense of the SMC, or succeeded in summoning a February 17 militia presence to assist expeditiously.

The Board found the Libyan government’s response to be profoundly lacking on the night of the attacks, reflecting both weak capacity and near absence of central government influence and control in Benghazi. The Libyan government did facilitate assistance from a quasi-governmental militia that supported the evacuation of U.S. government personnel to Benghazi airport. The Libyan government also provided a military C-130 aircraft which was used to evacuate remaining U.S. personnel and the bodies of the deceased from Benghazi to Tripoli on September 12.

The Board determined that U.S. personnel on the ground in Benghazi performed with courage and readiness to risk their lives to protect their colleagues, in a near impossible situation. The Board members believe every possible effort was made to rescue and recover Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith.

The interagency response was timely and appropriate, but there simply was not enough time for armed U.S. military assets to have made a difference.

4. The Board found that intelligence provided no immediate, specific tactical warning of the September 11 attacks. Known gaps existed in the intelligence community’s understanding of extremist militias in Libya and the potential threat they posed to U.S. interests, although some threats were known to exist.

5. The Board found that certain senior State Department officials within two bureaus demonstrated a lack of proactive leadership and management ability in their responses to security concerns posed by Special Mission Benghazi, given the deteriorating threat environment and the lack of reliable host government protection. However, the Board did not find reasonable cause to determine that any individual U.S. government employee breached his or her duty.

Luv Ya S but your one dishonest MF.

Clinton did nothing about terrorism his entire term. He lobbed a few missiles. I read he killed a camel or two. Of course he did bomb that medical facility like mal said. That did some good on the war on terror doncha know.

Nobody thwarted his efforts to do anything because he didn't do anything. He was riding high with a good economy and figured why rock the boat.

The USS Cole.

Two embassies in Africa.

The kobar towers.

I'm sure there were more but hey, who can remember them all. I'm sure Clinton doesn't lose any sleep over the deaths that occured on his watch. I'm sure the current fuck in the WH doesn't lose sleep over his failing either. Hey. He got his second term. Its all Good. Its only four dead men. No sweat.

too bad you have no clue what President Clinton really did. You have to get out of the echo chamber where you people just keep repeating the same crap over and over again to each other until you all think it's factual and truth.

Clinton said he authorized the CIA to kill bin Laden, and even "contracted with people to kill him." He also said he had a plan to attack Afghanistan, overthrow the Taliban and hunt for bin Laden after the attack on the USS Cole, but the CIA and FBI refused to certify that bin Laden was responsible, and Uzbekistan refused to allow the United States to set up a base. By contrast, Clinton said the Bush administration's neoconservatives "had no meetings on bin Laden for nine months," believing he had been "too obsessed with bin Laden."

"At least I tried," Clinton said. "That's the difference [between] me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed. When I failed, I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country, [Richard] Clarke, who got demoted."
A Combative Clinton Defends Record on Fighting Terrorism

[youtube]w5TkWGsmZF0[/youtube]

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Aside from Paul jr.'s fanciful musings about becoming President (which will never ever happen) and ridiculous idiocy about Ms. Clinton's leaving office; Rand Paul posed a really freaking bizzare question.

He asked about Libyan shipments of arms to Turkey.

Say what?

:eusa_eh:

Uhm:eusa_hand: we have discussed this already, you know where I call you out and correct you for erroneously (several times btw) blaming reagan for starting the mujaheddin down the road with arms etc....and didn't make a peep here.... I guess you just decided to not read the posts I made back to you on this oh 2-3 weeks ago....

here, 'freshen' up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/w...-into-islamist-hands.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

do you think dear old Chris was meeting with an attache ( the day he died by the way and no I don't think they had a thing to do with it) from Turkey in a worse shit hole than Tripoli because....why again?

The Arms had to go over the Turkish border into Syria even if the Quataris were moving them or buying them themselves how the hell else would they get them there? Fly them into Damascus International Airport?:lol:

Aside from Paul jr.'s fanciful musings about becoming President (which will never ever happen) and ridiculous idiocy about Ms. Clinton's leaving office; Rand Paul posed a really freaking bizzare question.

Say what?

Uhm:eusa_hand: we have discussed this already, you know where I call you out and correct you for erroneously (several times btw) blaming reagan for starting the mujaheddin down the road with arms etc....and didn't make a peep here.... I guess you just decided to not read the posts I made back to you on this oh 2-3 weeks ago....

here, 'freshen' up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/w...-into-islamist-hands.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

do you think dear old Chris was meeting with an attache ( the day he died by the way and no I don't think they had a thing to do with it) from Turkey in a worse shit hole than Tripoli because....why again?

The Arms had to go over the Turkish border into Syria even if the Quataris were moving them or buying them themselves how the hell else would they get them there? Fly them into Damascus International Airport?:lol:

Sallow is the kind of Person who Likes to Ignore that the Longest Economic Expansion in US History Started in March of 1991...

He instead likes to give Credit to Clinton for that Economy even though Clinton did not take the Oath of Office until January of 1993 and it was almost 1994 before Clinton's first Budgetary Year had started.

He also likes to Act like Bush (43) Caused a Recession that Started 40 days after he took the Oath of Office in 2001.

:)

peace...

OP- considering we haven't caught any of the attackers, how the Hell do you Pubs and dupes know their motive, so at this point what difference does it make? So STUPID. They supposedly told onlookers it was about the video, the other 20 attacks and protests around the ME WERE reactions to it...but carry on with the idiocy....

Rand's Turkey question hit the floor like a lead balloon with Hillary's answer. He was up against a pro.

The thing was..he thought it was going to be a "Perry Mason" moment.

It was really just very weird.
I know right? What a BUFFOON!!

She was just repeating the liberal mantra: Truth doesn't matter it is the result that matters. The only time truth matters to a liberal is when they borrow conservative morality to bludgeon them.

Like you responding to FauxNews and conservative media. and the likes of Congress. 6000 americans killed in iraq, does it matter who and how they were killed? By Iraqis or al qaeda?

Hillary voted for the war along with Kerry. And I am tired of you on the left degrading our brave men and women who VOLUNTEERED and fought and won in Iraq. It is disgusting but I seriously doubt you realize what you are saying, until now. So STFU.
Really? WoW! That's news to me. What did they win? What was the mission and when did they win it?

"What difference does it make?"

"You didn't build that!"

Hooray for yet another out of context right wing gem!

I'm sure this one will work as well at the last one.

:thup:
It makes a difference for the loved ones of those who died. Nothing out of context about that cold and crass comment.

And, you didn't build that, referring to folks who built a business is not out of context, either....total collectivism mentality.

Plus, she ain't gonna run successfully in 2016. The poor thing is so frail now, imagine how sickly she'll be at 70. So, that's one party line you don't have to worry about trying to sell.

It makes a Difference because the Administration, Obama himself in front of the UN, MADE SHIT UP to make it look like this wasn't Terrorism Against our Embassy in a place HE was meddling in Militarily of his on Choice, on the 11th Anniversary of the 11th and to Deflect from the Repeated Requests for more Security and the NON Response to what they knew was going on in Benghazi.

Weapons of Mass Distraction that Covnenient Obscure YouTube video was. :thup:

:)

peace...
Where was this inquisitiveness during the Bush Regime?

where did Randal Paul get his information that such a thing was taking place in Turkey?

It was another "I-don't-have'facts-to-back-this-up-but..." moment from the far-right radical fringe...aka today's self-proclaimed Conservative, Republican Party.

hillclinton01.png

...:eek:

Say what?

Maybe since you started this thread you should be more informed. Unfortunately for your 3rd grade post, you project extreme ignorance.

Luv Ya S but your one dishonest MF.

Clinton did nothing about terrorism his entire term. He lobbed a few missiles. I read he killed a camel or two. Of course he did bomb that medical facility like mal said. That did some good on the war on terror doncha know.

Nobody thwarted his efforts to do anything because he didn't do anything. He was riding high with a good economy and figured why rock the boat.

The USS Cole.

Two embassies in Africa.

The kobar towers.

I'm sure there were more but hey, who can remember them all. I'm sure Clinton doesn't lose any sleep over the deaths that occured on his watch. I'm sure the current fuck in the WH doesn't lose sleep over his failing either. Hey. He got his second term. Its all Good. Its only four dead men. No sweat.

too bad you have no clue what President Clinton really did. You have to get out of the echo chamber where you people just keep repeating the same crap over and over again to each other until you all think it's factual and truth.

Clinton said he authorized the CIA to kill bin Laden, and even "contracted with people to kill him." He also said he had a plan to attack Afghanistan, overthrow the Taliban and hunt for bin Laden after the attack on the USS Cole, but the CIA and FBI refused to certify that bin Laden was responsible, and Uzbekistan refused to allow the United States to set up a base. By contrast, Clinton said the Bush administration's neoconservatives "had no meetings on bin Laden for nine months," believing he had been "too obsessed with bin Laden."

"At least I tried," Clinton said. "That's the difference [between] me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed. When I failed, I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country, [Richard] Clarke, who got demoted."
A Combative Clinton Defends Record on Fighting Terrorism

[youtube]w5TkWGsmZF0[/youtube]

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WOW I guess Clinton wasn't offered UBL on a silver platter from the Sudan than. Clinton turned the offer down. Yeah. He was way serious on fighting terror.

I guess, O'Neil an FBI agent under Clinton, wasn't ostracized by the FBI when he tried to tell them about an impending attack.

Yeah. Clinton was hell on terror. I'm sure the sailors on the USS Cole, the embassy workers in Africa and those in the Kobar Ttowers will be glad to hear it. And I know the relatives of the 3,000 dead in the Twin Towers will be falling down with gratitude.

Last edited:
Harry Truman coined the phrase "the buck stops here". It's a clever play on the old saying "pass the buck (responsibility)". Truman didn't really mean it and neither does Hillary or Hussein Obama.

and of course when somebody as psychic as you can divine the motivations of others...

It;s a closed case---or---errr---ahhh-uhm---is that a closed mind?

So now since I have posted it, 4 left leaning, Hillary supporters have chimed in yet not one has the guts to answer the most basic of questions....

Why did the State Department need an independant advisory board to tell them "next time you should have the SoS make the decision as it pertains to the shortage of security for American diplomats that are in the middle of a country that is uundergoing a sensatiuve and volatile transition in a region where jihadists hell bent on killing americans are raoning and gathering freely. Next time forward the cable to her or one that is in charge of such cables."?

You all are OK with that?

If you owned a McDonalds and you saw an employee drop burgers on the floor and serve them anyway...and when you told the manager of the store what you saw...and the manager responded with:

"oh, I did not know we couldnt serve a burger after it hits the floor. I will tell all the employees of the new procedure and it will be followed moving forward"...

Would you not question in your mind the intelligence of that manager? Would you not say to yourself.."dam, this manager is by no means qualified to be a manager"?

Where is that in this situation?
What an ASININE, nonsensical, irrelevant analogy.

Dude...you're RW hackery has sunk to new depths.

Get a grip son....seriously.

*SMH*

Forum List

Back