Hillary VS Obama 2012?

Finally soneone who gets it. Why is the left so obsessed with Palin? See the irony?

Same reason. Hillary and Bill have been rally points for the Republicans since Bill had the audacity to actually win in 1992. Hillary was probably the biggest hope the GOP had, as she'd have united the party and allowed them to bring up so much past dirt that the GOP would have had a pretty good shot at winning in 2008. I'd wager good money that in their heart of hearts, most GOP'ers fervently wish Hillary will make another run.

For Palin, its similar. Sarah unites the DNC in an even bigger way than Mr. Bush ever did, and they see Sarah as a vehicle to maintain control over moderates and independents. In their heart of hearts most Democrats I knew considered McCain to be the nightmare GOP candidate in that he had probably the best chance of ruining a DNC comeback in 2008. They see Sarah as the reason the GOP lost and an easy target for defeat in 2012.

That's why I know I'd want Sarah to run in 2012, and its why I hope that Hillary won't run again for public office.

The republicans built up their machine to run against Hillary in 2008. They were all ready to trot out their anti-Hillary rhetoric when.......Surprise....Surprise....Obama got the nomination.
They had no idea on how to smear a black candidate without appearing racist. The result was a pathetic effort against Obama
Hillary is still a viable candidate in 2016. The republican hate mongering of Whitewater, Vince Foster and healthcare will be distant memories. People actually LIKE Hillary now. She will be a tough candidate to beat

The republicans built up their machine to run against Hillary in 2008. They were all ready to trot out their anti-Hillary rhetoric when.......Surprise....Surprise....Obama got the nomination.
They had no idea on how to smear a black candidate without appearing racist. The result was a pathetic effort against Obama
Hillary is still a viable candidate in 2016. The republican hate mongering of Whitewater, Vince Foster and healthcare will be distant memories. People actually LIKE Hillary now. She will be a tough candidate to beat

I always saw this as one of the (many) reasons the GOP lost in 2008. Everyone was jockeying for position against Clinton, and a lot of the GOP candidates made sense in that light. I think most of the GOP expected her to pull it out on the floor of the convention. When Obama finally put the contest to bed, the GOP should have walked to a win after such a protracted fight.

They didn't, and part of the reason is that Obama's win caused them just as much (if not more) chaos inside the party as Obama and Hillary's fight for the nomination did for the DNC.

I still don't think that HRC will be a good candidate in 2016 but that's a fight for another day.

Forum List

Back