Hillary touts bill to unite illegals' kin

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Well folks, here is another attempt by the left to open the flood gates and let the illegals flow in

You would think they (and some Republicans) would have learned their lesson the voters do not support open borders and amnesty

By Christina Bellantoni

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said yesterday as president she would push an immigration bill with a path to legalization that unites families.

"We've got to deal with immigration to be sure that we're going to get back to doing what is right and smart in America," she told members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.

"Yes, we need to strengthen borders, everyone agrees with that," the New York Democrat said. "We have to, though, remain faithful to our condition as a beacon for people around the world seeking a better life."

Three other Democratic presidential hopefuls attended the forum: Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich of Ohio and former Sen. Mike Gravel of Alaska. They were given 15 minutes to address six questions. Mrs. Clinton, who gave a version of her stump speech touching on the themes of the questions instead of answering them directly, spent 63 seconds on immigration.

Mrs. Clinton was interrupted by applause during this line: "I believe we have to, as part of comprehensive immigration reform, create a path to earned legalization and I will continue to stand for that and advocate for that."

She touted her efforts to make sure families weren't disrupted by the Senate's immigration bill. "Everybody talks about family values ... let's start valuing families and that means immigrant families as well as every other family," she said.

Mrs. Clinton did not commit to passing immigration reform in her first term, a priority for the group, which works to educate new Hispanic leaders. She also did not directly answer all of the questions posed at the start of the forum, including how she would address anti-immigrant sentiment.

She did say she would "cut the Latino dropout rate in half," spend $10 billion on universal pre-kindergarten and pass the Dream Act to give legal status to illegal aliens who go to college or join the military.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071004/NATION/110040043/1001

Well folks, here is another attempt by the left to open the flood gates and let the illegals flow in

You would think they (and some Republicans) would have learned their lesson the voters do not support open borders and amnesty

By Christina Bellantoni

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said yesterday as president she would push an immigration bill with a path to legalization that unites families.

"We've got to deal with immigration to be sure that we're going to get back to doing what is right and smart in America," she told members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.

"Yes, we need to strengthen borders, everyone agrees with that," the New York Democrat said. "We have to, though, remain faithful to our condition as a beacon for people around the world seeking a better life."

Three other Democratic presidential hopefuls attended the forum: Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich of Ohio and former Sen. Mike Gravel of Alaska. They were given 15 minutes to address six questions. Mrs. Clinton, who gave a version of her stump speech touching on the themes of the questions instead of answering them directly, spent 63 seconds on immigration.

Mrs. Clinton was interrupted by applause during this line: "I believe we have to, as part of comprehensive immigration reform, create a path to earned legalization and I will continue to stand for that and advocate for that."

She touted her efforts to make sure families weren't disrupted by the Senate's immigration bill. "Everybody talks about family values ... let's start valuing families and that means immigrant families as well as every other family," she said.

Mrs. Clinton did not commit to passing immigration reform in her first term, a priority for the group, which works to educate new Hispanic leaders. She also did not directly answer all of the questions posed at the start of the forum, including how she would address anti-immigrant sentiment.

She did say she would "cut the Latino dropout rate in half," spend $10 billion on universal pre-kindergarten and pass the Dream Act to give legal status to illegal aliens who go to college or join the military.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071004/NATION/110040043/1001
I disagree with her very much, and would never vote for her. I am for immigaration reform that woud include families already here. but not to discriminate about which group would profit the most. I am also oppose to the "dream Bill" as presently proposed.
And whether or not it is G HOOK. playing games.---
for persistant rep actions you GHOOKare a cowardly Jackass. If you have something to say to me do so on the open forum so everybody knows what an ass you are.

I disagree with her very much, and would never vote for her. I am for immigaration reform that woud include families already here. but not to discriminate about which group would profit the most. I am also oppose to the "dream Bill" as presently proposed.

You are not alone. Alot of people will not vote for the Red Queen. With insane ideas like this, that number will continue to grow

Forum List

Back